SENATE BILL: The Walter Reuther & Cesar Chavez Solidarity Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:43:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Walter Reuther & Cesar Chavez Solidarity Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Walter Reuther & Cesar Chavez Solidarity Act (Passed)  (Read 2021 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: February 15, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »

Why should it be illegal to distribute mere speech aka anti-union literature to employees? If employees are forced to go training I believe they are still required to get paid right?

It is not a level playing field if some dude can create a union and describe any theoretical benefits while the employer can't do the opposite. Either ban all union related literature within a workplace or don't ban a specific aspect.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »

As long as workers are paid at their usual rate there is nothing wrong about forcing them to view anti union stuff.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »

Honestly I find the entire concept of anti-union training at companies extremely creepy and predatory and it is something that should be indeed restricted or banned.

The union organizers and the owners of the company are not in an equal position. The latter are clearly in a position of privilege.
Privielge doesn't mean content based speech restrictions should be legal.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

Honestly I find the entire concept of anti-union training at companies extremely creepy and predatory and it is something that should be indeed restricted or banned.

The union organizers and the owners of the company are not in an equal position. The latter are clearly in a position of privilege.
Privielge doesn't mean content based speech restrictions should be legal.

Fair point. Then again freedom of speech is a very well protected right, so presumably this bill would be unconstitutional under those rules then?

I will sue as an imaginary business owner. Restricting speech based on place can be legal  but not when mixed with what type of content is in the speech.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies