SENATE BILL: 21st Century Civilian Conservation Corps Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: 21st Century Civilian Conservation Corps Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: 21st Century Civilian Conservation Corps Act (Passed)  (Read 1282 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: January 21, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »

Yankee wanted bills, so here's another filler based on RL legislation. Tongue

In essence, the aim of this bill is to revive the New Deal-era CCC for people who've lost their jobs or are unable to find new employment because of the pandemic, in addition to restoring public lands and preventing both wildfires and floods in areas that are prone to them. This will be particularly helpful to rural communities in creating new, environmentally friendly, living-wage jobs that will boost the outdoor economy.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 07:18:53 PM »

Don't we have already lots of units dedicated to conserving natural environments and what not? I imagine at the very least there are various police and firefighting units dedicated to that. Perhaps even some units of the US military?

I guess one more can't hurt, but is there the need to create even further units? Are the current units not enough?

If the current units are currently overwhelmed, this bill is a great idea. If not, I am less convinced about the bill.

Like I said, this is pretty much a 'filler bill'. But it is based on pending legislation in the Senate, so I figured that Atlasia could use it as well.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:39:06 PM »

For compensation, I'm inclined to favor a $15 wage. Probably going to need the CG for a cost estimate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:25:49 PM »

I'm alright, guys. I'm never completely gone from Atlasia. Wink

But I actually think Tack is correct, and that 567,000 new jobs is nothing to sneeze at. Even if they're only temporary jobs, they should be sufficient to fixing the economy as much we can until the pandemic is over. This is, of course, in addition to past stimulus measures including the recent UBI extension.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »

you're killing me smalls
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length