Opinion of Markus Söder
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:03:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Markus Söder
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 🔵🦁⚪️
Freedom Fighter
Horrible Person
Mixed
Neutral
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of Markus Söder  (Read 571 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2021, 02:09:48 PM »

Since we already have a poll about Angela Merkel and Armin Laschet, we need to conduct a poll on the favorability of the prospective succeeding chancellor, Bavarian Governor Markus Söder.

Here are the two pictures of him that characterize him best:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 02:34:05 PM »

I disliked him more a few years ago, but still HP. He's missguided on several issues and I often makes the impression as if he thinks we're all stupid/children given how he talks. It may not be on purpose, but that's how I perceive him. Armin Laschet is definitely superior.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 02:54:13 PM »

I disliked him more a few years ago, but still HP. He's missguided on several issues and I often makes the impression as if he thinks we're all stupid/children given how he talks. It may not be on purpose, but that's how I perceive him. Armin Laschet is definitely superior.

I perceive the way he talks as some kind of permanent dark/sarcastic/cynical humor. Actually, this shtick is probably the most endearing trait of his.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 05:41:58 AM »

Shameless opportunist who borders on sociopathic behavior. As it often seems to be the case with such people he's also very popular among the electorate.

(I once heard some insider stories on the Söder-Seehofer rivalry within the CSU and afterwards I could only feel sympathy for Seehofer. I certainly disagree with Seehofer on a great many things, but at the end of the day I still believe he's ultimately a decent person or at least tries to be one. Can't say the same for Söder.)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 05:44:25 AM »

Shameless opportunist who borders on sociopathic behavior. As it often seems to be the case with such people he's also very popular among the electorate.

(I once heard some insider stories on the Söder-Seehofer rivalry within the CSU and afterwards I could only feel sympathy for Seehofer. I certainly disagree with Seehofer on a great many things, but at the end of the day I still believe he's ultimately a decent person or at least tries to be one. Can't say the same for Söder.)

Agree.

Seehofer was actually a better MP but he was pushed out by his party. I think he wanted to stay in Munich and not enter a Merkel government.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 11:47:34 AM »

I think he'll skip this election and remain in Bavaria instead.

Don't really care about him personally or politically, he seems similar to Kurz though.

Laschet would also be the better Chancellor candidate for the Union.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 11:58:17 AM »

I think he'll skip this election and remain in Bavaria instead.

Don't really care about him personally or politically, he seems similar to Kurz though.

Laschet would also be the better Chancellor candidate for the Union.

Possible. I have a feeling Merkel's successor as chancellor will have the same fate as AKK and not lost for very long. I think he, whoever it will be, is going to be chancellor for about two years and then forced out for a lack of authority. However, that's based on nothing else but gut feeling.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies