Did Biden/Trump campaigns known they won/lost on election night? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Did Biden/Trump campaigns known they won/lost on election night? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Biden/Trump campaigns known they won/lost on election night?  (Read 1156 times)
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« on: January 22, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »

Biden came out and have a speech on election night that he was confident that he was gonna win so I assume they were confident by 12am to 3am or so. (Wisconsin dumped all their votes at 5am)

I have no idea about Trump but I think his Team was confident early on that he was going to win(seeing the strong margins in Florida, and his projected victories in Texas and the rest of the south and lower midwest(non Ga or NC) was going to get him reelected. I assume he was most confident from 7 30pm to 11pm most likely

I would assume by 2 or 3 in the morning, it seemed like that the time Biden was gonna pull through very barely but as the days went on, he won the election and later on the Senate(in January) making it a good year for the Democrats

I remember reading in some article that Biden's data team knew for certain the morning after
Election Day that he would win.

I wonder how they were feeling on election night considering they weren't doing as well as public polling suggested.
The Biden campaign expected a narrow victory, which is why they didn't go to Texas or Alaska and focused on Pennsylvania and Michigan and Wisconsin instead.
https://www.ntd.com/we-are-not-ahead-by-double-digits-biden-campaign-manager-reportedly-admits-polls-inflated_518308.html
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 09:17:07 AM »

I can almost guarantee you that by Nov. 2, the Trump campaign already had their "stolen election" talking points ready, because they knew that there would be a huge blue shift after the election, especially in Pennsylvania. I suspect they saw that there were very few paths to victory, and blanketing all forms of media with alarm over Biden votes "coming out of nowhere" was the best strategy to prime the public for a flurry of lawsuits.
Trump was only 43K votes away from winning legitimately, I'm pretty sure that they thought they were gonna win on Nov. 2, especially since they went to states that voted for Biden like Michigan or Minnesota, and thought they had Arizona and Georgia locked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies