When do the indictments start?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  When do the indictments start?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: When do the indictments start?  (Read 1534 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 01:50:29 AM »

People still unironically think Trump will be prosecuted for anything? How do they still not understand that the U.S. judicial system works for billionaires rather than against them?

While true, Trump isn't really a member of the billionaires club anymore. And who knows how much money he has left to burn through at this point.

Trump is worth somewhere between $1 billion and the $10 billion he claims he is worth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 02:06:51 AM »

If you still seriously think after all of this that Cy Vance is gonna pass up the chance to prosecute the biggest case ever, then you're sorely f**king mistaken.

This, and ditto for the Fulton County Georgia prosecutor's office if they can make a case.

Side Vance has been working on his case for a long time. It honestly would not surprise me if Trump were indicted within a matter of weeks rather than months.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 02:41:29 AM »

I remember thinking that the Bush administration was going to pay once Obama became President.

Why? Bush was never impeached and violated international law moreso.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 02:53:07 AM »

I remember thinking that the Bush administration was going to pay once Obama became President.

Impeached has nothing to do with whether you are a war criminal.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 02:53:56 AM »

What would you have liked the Obama administration to have done?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2021, 03:02:51 AM »

They didn't hold anyone responsible for the Iraq war or the Great Recession, so it's kind of meaningless. Robert Rubin obviously should have been indicted for lying about mortgages. And I'm sure there are plenty that should have been indicted for the Iraq war.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »

It's water under the bridge now, but prosecuting the torture and illegal domestic spying would have been a good start. Even just making sure the people enabling those programs never worked in government again would have been a good thing.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2021, 12:13:01 AM »

Soon:

Yoda
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2021, 12:48:05 AM »

People still unironically think Trump will be prosecuted for anything? How do they still not understand that the U.S. judicial system works for billionaires rather than against them?

While true, Trump isn't really a member of the billionaires club anymore. And who knows how much money he has left to burn through at this point.

Trump is worth somewhere between $1 billion and the $10 billion he claims he is worth.

He maaaay have been a billionaire pre-Covid, but he definitely is not anymore. Most (if not all?) of his assets are hotels and golf courses and other hospitality industry businesses. I guarantee you he is hemorrhaging cash at most of his properties, and it's likely way worse at his properties overseas. This doesn't even get into the fact that he was leveraged to the hilt to begin with, and has hundreds of millions of debt(at least) that he likely has no way to repay.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »

He maaaay have been a billionaire pre-Covid, but he definitely is not anymore. Most (if not all?) of his assets are hotels and golf courses and other hospitality industry businesses. I guarantee you he is hemorrhaging cash at most of his properties, and it's likely way worse at his properties overseas. This doesn't even get into the fact that he was leveraged to the hilt to begin with, and has hundreds of millions of debt(at least) that he likely has no way to repay.

It's debatable whether Trump was ever a member of the billionaires Club. Maybe close at the height of his Apprentice theme based on entirely off his personal brand of reality TV show star and various resulting side Ventures like Trump University, Etc,, but in fact he's always been somebody who borrowed and lived in debt rather than actually a masked wealth.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2021, 11:34:00 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2021, 11:38:04 AM by Torie »

White collar criminal financial crime cases are often very complex and take a lot of time to develop into "prosecutable" form.

Whenever Trump's next major loan comes due, I would not be surprised if that does not render Trump equitably insolvent, to wit unable to pay his debts as they become due. What lender would want to roll over his debt?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies