POLL: Did Trump's lies about voter fraud hurt the GOP long term? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:28:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  POLL: Did Trump's lies about voter fraud hurt the GOP long term? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Trump's lies about voter fraud hurt the GOP long term?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: POLL: Did Trump's lies about voter fraud hurt the GOP long term?  (Read 2154 times)
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: March 18, 2021, 03:56:18 AM »

Hurts them in the short term, but no one will remember or care in the long term.

Probably the right answer. The GOP will also attempt to pass a bunch of "voter integrity" stuff that the left will deem voter suppression but will alleviate some of their fears. This may especially be the case if Republicans gain governorships in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. I don't think mail-in ballots though are going away, even if there's less than in 2020, they'll still be a large part of the vote (and already were in many western states).

I'm not sure how passing voter suppression laws will alleviate fears rooted in baseless conspiracies and racial animosity. And much more the latter than the former, I suspect. Obviously, given Trump's post-election conduct, it's impossible to believe that the bulk of the GOP is genuinely concerned about election integrity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies