Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form  (Read 12099 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »

Left spaces are destroying themselves by respectfully telling me in private not to associate with white supremacists and disassociating themselves from me when I continue to do it.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »

Glenn Greenwald is a vile, unprincipled fraud. His politics are whatever gives him more power in his little sliver of the political sphere in any given moment. I remember just a few short years ago when he was ruthlessly smearing everyone as a bigot for the simple crime of saying Islamic extremism was bad.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2021, 08:02:27 PM »

Chelsea Manning DID start it with her public tweet.

If she meant what she said and talked about it in private, then cut ties with him that it’s fine. But when you make a public attack or attempt of shaming someone, you can’t just be offended when they don’t react friendly. She wanted a scene and she got one. Glenn has already displayed that he can get pretty aggressive in defense mode because he has this huge unbearable ego, so not really anything surprising.

I’ll say it again, it’s amazing the amount of attention people give to him whenever he opens his mouth. Tongue  A lot is because he can get super annoying, but a lot is also being scared from the points he makes and his tactics. Same reason the US right has opposite extreme simplistic reaction only because he can fill the “left-winger who validates lots of our talking points” persona.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2021, 08:30:39 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2021, 08:34:54 PM by Red Velvet »

I’m laughing at the performance act of her public statement: “I’m terrified of you” lmao. Americans (westerners in general tbh) in discussions often have this thing of anticipating a moral higher ground for themselves that the other just cannot respond. Like, what’s the appropriate response to this? I would just tell them to F* off and mind their own business then and to stay the hell out away from me so we would be both happy.

Some say that ignoring and staying silent is the correct one but IDK to be honest. If you don’t respond people often assume is because you have no good answer and that the other is right then. So I understand why Glenn always makes sure he responds to these comments, to make sure his position is clear, but at the same time he can respond to even the minor of stuff. I think it’s a mix of natural strategic defensiveness + having big ego.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2021, 09:49:52 PM »

Left spaces are destroying themselves by respectfully telling me in private not to associate with white supremacists and disassociating themselves from me when I continue to do it.

Is this in reference to Glenn Greenwald or Chelsea Manning?
porque no los dos ?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2021, 04:11:00 PM »

Beyond parody. And people pay money to read this!

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »

Seems like every few weeks now another titan of the left is getting devoured by their one-time friends.

As someone who's been saying for years that Glenn is a terrible, rotten pile of s--t, and had people call me all sorts of nasty names for believing that, here is a bit of advice for all the newly-minted Glenn haters who definitely, totally, trust me bro, knew he was a dirtbag all along...

You know all these other assholes you're promoting and defending purely because you agree with them even though deep down you know they're terrible people?  One day, just like Glenn, you'll be having to insist that you knew they were rotten all along and never really liked them.

Please, please, find decent people to copy your opinions from.  Don't copy your opinions from literally the worst people in the world just because they're edgy and aggressive.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »

We could argue about the politics of Chelsea Manning all day, but there’s one thing I’m clear on - it just seems awful that Greenwald’s response to her simple, fairly valid criticism of him is to just immediately spill confidential conversations in public.

To share private conversations from a time when Manning was experiencing a mental health crisis, all while bragging about how caring and moral he was at the time, it’s just scummy. I have no idea what he was going for, but it just seems callous and straight-up narcissistic.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »

Lmao he has an hour-long video about Hunter Biden's laptop
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »

Lmao he has an hour-long video about Hunter Biden's laptop
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2021, 11:23:05 AM »

Seems like every few weeks now another titan of the left is getting devoured by their one-time friends.

As someone who's been saying for years that Glenn is a terrible, rotten pile of s--t, and had people call me all sorts of nasty names for believing that, here is a bit of advice for all the newly-minted Glenn haters who definitely, totally, trust me bro, knew he was a dirtbag all along...

You know all these other assholes you're promoting and defending purely because you agree with them even though deep down you know they're terrible people?  One day, just like Glenn, you'll be having to insist that you knew they were rotten all along and never really liked them.

Please, please, find decent people to copy your opinions from.  Don't copy your opinions from literally the worst people in the world just because they're edgy and aggressive.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Copies his opinions from Joe Manchin
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. I said much of the same about Jimmy Dore back in 2015-2016 or so and boy was I right on that one.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2021, 10:21:37 PM »

Anybody who's a civil libertarian should appreciate what Greenwald does. That the left does not anymore is an indication of who they've become, not him.
Because nothing says “civil libertarian” like running defense for the administration that ordered the FBI to deliberately crackdown harder on BLM compared to others and were making antifa protestors disappear in black vans
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Copies his opinions from Joe Manchin

He's right you know
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2021, 06:48:42 AM »

We could argue about the politics of Chelsea Manning all day, but there’s one thing I’m clear on - it just seems awful that Greenwald’s response to her simple, fairly valid criticism of him is to just immediately spill confidential conversations in public.

To share private conversations from a time when Manning was experiencing a mental health crisis, all while bragging about how caring and moral he was at the time, it’s just scummy. I have no idea what he was going for, but it just seems callous and straight-up narcissistic.

When casting grave aspersions (which she does by suggesting she has good reason to be terrified of him), be prepared to receive receipts.

I don’t think the criticism was worth that kind of overkill, but it’s really not surprising from Greenwald. He took her seriously, and presumably, she wanted him to.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2021, 02:49:43 AM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2021, 04:40:55 AM »

When casting grave aspersions (which she does by suggesting she has good reason to be terrified of him), be prepared to receive receipts.

I don’t think the criticism was worth that kind of overkill, but it’s really not surprising from Greenwald. He took her seriously, and presumably, she wanted him to.

I appreciate that Greenwald has a right to defend himself. Hell, if a friend of mine used those sorts of words about me, I’d try and defend myself too. But I just think that his patronising, self-aggrandising tone, and decision to release everything was ill-advised, and the whole thing just makes me feel uncomfortable.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2021, 04:55:35 AM »

I appreciate that Greenwald has a right to defend himself. Hell, if a friend of mine used those sorts of words about me, I’d try and defend myself too. But I just think that his patronising, self-aggrandising tone, and decision to release everything was ill-advised, and the whole thing just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Having it at hand to release immediately pretty much sums up Chelsea's suspicions as well.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2022, 07:28:24 PM »

According to Glenn, it’s awful when the US use unsubstantiated claims of WMDs to justify war, but when Russia does it…
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »

Glenn Greenwald is the only sane liberal now that kucinich is gone. A true hero
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2022, 09:04:09 PM »

I've noticed his post-Russian invasion tweets have more of a nervous and desperate sort of feel to them. Like he's sweating like a dog instead of taking glee in owning the libs.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2022, 10:06:04 PM »

I've noticed his post-Russian invasion tweets have more of a nervous and desperate sort of feel to them. Like he's sweating like a dog instead of taking glee in owning the libs.

Greenwald's corner of the political sphere has been banking on Putin's Russia being harmless for a long time, and now they've been exposed as being hilariously and embarrassingly wrong. I don't know how the people who were so rude and insistent about how Russia totally wouldn't invade Ukraine can even show their faces without owning up to being so horribly wrong. Even Non-Swing Voter couldn't bring himself to post again after the Youngkin victory.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2022, 10:10:54 PM »

The guy is a fool with massive egg on his face along with Russia apologists like John Mearsheimer, Tucker Carlson and Donald Trump. That being said, we do need more voices of moderation now that the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies