Mike Pompeo: "Woke-ism, multiculturalism, all the -isms — they're not who America is"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:32:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mike Pompeo: "Woke-ism, multiculturalism, all the -isms — they're not who America is"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mike Pompeo: "Woke-ism, multiculturalism, all the -isms — they're not who America is"  (Read 3809 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2021, 12:36:02 PM »

This is straight up white supremacist rhetoric.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 12:38:24 PM »

He's running.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 12:39:52 PM »

I guess all of the dog-whistles must've broken because this is practically just an air-raid siren.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:49:07 PM »

Yep. That was my first thought, too. This is him choosing his lane and placing his starting blocks.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 12:58:30 PM »

Yes.

Russia and China stoke 'wokeness', being the bastions of progressivism that they are...
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2021, 01:03:32 PM by VARepublican »

Political correctness hurts nobody and is a good thing. It's a shame that even some Democrats dislike it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »

Political correctness hurts nobody and is a good thing. It's a shame that even some Democrats dislike it.

Political correctness seems to mean many different things depending on who you ask, and is now often just used to describe those who one disagrees with on social issues.

The right has their own brand of PC, though it centers around "patriotic correctness" instead. There was an article about this a few years back.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/the-right-has-its-own-version-of-political-correctness-its-just-as-stifling/
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 01:11:29 PM »

Pompeo is Israel First. He doesn't care about America.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »

Mike Pompeo is a proud white supremacist, it's pretty clear that's who he is.
Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »

Yep. That was my first thought, too. This is him choosing his lane and placing his starting blocks.

I just don't see him getting far. A dominionist pretending to be a populist with a charisma befitting the (unelected) diplomat he is?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 01:17:08 PM »

If America isn't multicultural, then either Pompeo has a very sad idea of what America is or a very dangerous idea of what multiculturalism is. Probably both.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »

I just don't see him getting far. A dominionist pretending to be a populist with a charisma befitting the (unelected) diplomat he is?

He's also fat. Americans are fat but don't seem to like overweight politicians. And before anybody mentions DJT, his supporters are brainwashed and think he looks like prime Arnold.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 01:24:57 PM »

I wish the Hatch Act actually mean something, and Pompeo would be forced to stop using what is essentially a mouthpiece for the US Government to drop racist rhetoric to tease his upcoming presidential run.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 01:30:52 PM »

He's also fat. Americans are fat but don't seem to like overweight politicians. And before anybody mentions DJT, his supporters are brainwashed and think he looks like prime Arnold.

Pompeo kind of has an endearing, jolly fat look like Tony Soprano or Chris Christie though. Could play well in Jersey and Delaware (primary wise). Look at the blowback towards Michelle Obama's healthy school lunch program. America is very obese and I'm less sure than ever this would work against a candidate. Trump's fast food addiction was likely a selling point to some, JB Pritzker is also fat and popular.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 01:33:50 PM »

Pompeo kind of has an endearing, jolly fat look like Tony Soprano or Chris Christie though. Could play well in Jersey and Delaware (primary wise). Look at the blowback towards Michelle Obama's healthy school lunch program. America is very obese and I'm less sure than ever this would work against a candidate. Trump's fast food addiction was likely a selling point to some, JB Pritzker is also fat and popular.

Chris Christie is a bit too fat, but yeah, "jolly fat" is a good way of describing Pompeo.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »

I think I'm going to start presenting my posts now in the format of a photo of me pointing or making a smug face imposed over a dark background next to a quote of my sage takes.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 01:41:11 PM »

If America isn't multicultural, then either Pompeo has a very sad idea of what America is or a very dangerous idea of what multiculturalism is. Probably both.
It could be argued that a country like Singapore is multicultural, while the US is "acultural".

I am the right-wing BRTD. I cheer on the destruction and annihilation of culture.

What is this if not the most quintessential American way of thinking? Your Assimilation has been very successful, Santander.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 01:52:24 PM »

It could be argued that a country like Singapore is multicultural, while the US is "acultural".

I am the right-wing BRTD. I cheer on the destruction and annihilation of culture.

What is this if not the most quintessential American way of thinking? Your Assimilation has been very successful, Santander.

“acultural” that’s the best thing i ever heard i love it
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 01:53:37 PM »

Multicturalism is literally what America is.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »

This is straight up white supremacist rhetoric.

So, is he opposed to conservatism and Trumpism too now or does the Pompeo Doctrine only apply to left-wing -isms?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

Even more projection considering Republicans have been pushing political correctness and censorship for years. Just look at what happens if somebody doesn't say "Islamic extremist" or "Merry Christmas" on demand, or if they openly talk about climate change, sea level rise, white privilege, or COVID within a Republican administration.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2021, 08:19:18 PM by GP270watch »

Pompeo kind of has an endearing, jolly fat look like Tony Soprano or Chris Christie though.

I think Pompeo looks like a straight to video movie villain.

Which Tony Soprano though? James Gandolfini was way more svelte at the start of the series and then got bigger as he got more success.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 02:54:32 PM »

Nobody cares any longer about this Trump enabling moron.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 03:05:39 PM »

Pompeo is Israel First. He doesn't care about America.
This is a troll post but something must be said either way. The interests of the United States and Israel follow the direction of the decisions made first and foremost in Washington. Israel is dependent on the United States to not be a pariah state on the international scene, they buy US weapon systems with our aid, and were deliberately told to stand down in not annexing Area C by your god-emperor so as to not cause a wider regional war in the vicinity with Iran.

The decisions made my Israel in its foreign and domestic policy are only possible and are also done with the backing of the United States. I’m not sure why this is so hard to understand for you fash-folk, is the dogma really that strong?

Mike Pompeo actually has an incredibly much better chance of winning the primary than the usual joke candidates like Hawley or the MyPillow Guy. Not only was he loyal to Trump to the very end, but he actually has institutional support that a freshman loudmouth or some literally who small businessman. Pompeo’s connections and ability to woo the usual Republican donors, while backing Trump, should lead to him being the frontrunner. The Republican primary is turning into having either him or  DeSantis having a real chance at winning the primary what with their ability to appeal to the suburbs.

With Nikki Haley most likely the VP for the 2024 nominee, I see the 2024 election as one that will be an embarrassingly pyrrhic win for the Democratic Party what with the Suburbs swinging back and losses in the House and Senate
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies