Trump pardons: 100 more to go
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:13:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump pardons: 100 more to go
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Trump pardons: 100 more to go  (Read 5799 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2021, 09:27:22 AM »

I still find it baffling how there's been so little blowback over Trump pardoning corrupt machine politics democrats...
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »

He pardoned Kodak Black and Lil Wayne but not Julian Assange or Edward Snowden.

NOT EVEN JOE EXOTIC Sad
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »

I still find it baffling how there's been so little blowback over Trump pardoning corrupt machine politics democrats...

To be fair, massive blowback from NY Republicans is the sole reason that Sheldon Silver was removed from the list.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2021, 10:29:27 AM »

Lol Casey Urlaucher...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2021, 10:32:46 AM »

Imagine Trump doing a self pardon at 11.59... lol
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »

Apparently Jared thought pardoning Blago would appeal to Democrats. My guess is that pardoning Kirpatrick is yet another low-effort way to pander to Black voters.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »

Assange and Snowden will never be pardoned. Which will annoy the small but over represented core who are obsessed with pardoning them.

I guess count me in the smaller and under represented core who wants Snowden pardoned but not Assange
^^^

Snowden actually seems like a decent person in a bad situation. Assange is a creep.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »

Assange and Snowden will never be pardoned. Which will annoy the small but over represented core who are obsessed with pardoning them.

I guess count me in the smaller and under represented core who wants Snowden pardoned but not Assange

+1
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2021, 11:24:00 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2021, 11:48:38 AM by Badger »

S.O.P. for Presidents on their way out of the door.

Come off at Grumps. You know the scope and self-serving nature of Trump's pardon is going to dwarf historical precedent. Even Clinton's out the door pardons, which were one of the blackest marks on his administration, is going to pale in comparison. I defy you to compare the wholesale Donnie's pardon shop being open up for cash compared to Obama's far more high-minded attempts at mitigating and commuting sentences he felt were wrong.

I know you're a trumpist, but you're better than this to just go to fuzzy bear levels of denying reality.

I'll reply when the pardon/commutation list is announced.  

So, Badg, are your undies in a twist with the list?

I don't know. Where is the list?

As best I have been able to determine from this thread, quite the opposite. It sounds like Trump blinked rather than doing Mass pardons of his crime family, political cronies, and most importantly of all the cop killer Lynch Mob. Not happy about Bannon, but this was far better than I could have hoped for.

Good thing we've impeached the son of a b**** (again), because his fear of the backlash is the only thing keeping him in line. Smiley

Then again, the bastard still has over half an hour to do more damage if his blood sugar gets low. Tongue

EDIT: okay, I found the list here in the thread. Not nearly as bad as I had feared. But of course in addition to including pardons from apparent over done sentences some life terms for conspiracy to distribute marijuana oh, those were conveniently out of his cover so Trump could brazenly and in a, let's get this straight beyond anything else, completely a historic and precedent shattering way, issued Mass pardons for well-connected republicans, and threw in one or two folks like Kilpatrick and the aforementioned over sentenced non-violent offenders, who lets also face it, Trump couldn't give a s*** about, as cover.

All I can say, Grumps, but if any of you or your ilk ever want to utter a single peep about so-called corrupt Clintons, as if pardoning Marc rich and Hillary's brother remotely compared to the scope and brazenness of these Mass pardons, that person needs to preemptively STFU. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2021, 11:39:47 AM »

S.O.P. for Presidents on their way out of the door.

Come off at Grumps. You know the scope and self-serving nature of Trump's pardon is going to dwarf historical precedent. Even Clinton's out the door pardons, which were one of the blackest marks on his administration, is going to pale in comparison. I defy you to compare the wholesale Donnie's pardon shop being open up for cash compared to Obama's far more high-minded attempts at mitigating and commuting sentences he felt were wrong.

I know you're a trumpist, but you're better than this to just go to fuzzy bear levels of denying reality.

I'll reply when the pardon/commutation list is announced. 

So, Badg, are your undies in a twist with the list?

I don't know. Where is the list?

As best I have been able to determine from this thread, quite the opposite. It sounds like Trump blinked rather than doing Mass pardons of his crime family, political cronies, and most importantly of all the cop killer Lynch Mob. Not happy about Bannon, but this was far better than I could have hoped for.

Good thing we've impeached the son of a b**** (again), because his fear of the backlash is the only thing keeping him in line. Smiley

Then again, the bastard still has over half an hour to do more damage if his blood sugar gets low. Tongue

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-regarding-executive-grants-clemency-012021/
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2021, 11:43:03 AM »

^^^

Snowden actually seems like a decent person in a bad situation. Assange is a creep.

I personally think Assange is an unpleasant egotist and he should have ideally been charged in Sweden, but i don't think he's done anything remotely worthy of his current sorry situation.

Far more bizarre are people trying to throw the Silk Road dude in with him; Ulbricht is genuinely a vile gangster.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2021, 01:10:30 PM »

Last minute pardon of Jeanine Pirro's ex-husband.

Trump’s final act as president: Pardoning Jeanine Pirro’s ex-husband

With just over 30 minutes left in his presidency, now-former President Trump issued a full pardon to Albert J. Pirro, Jr., ex-husband of Fox News firebrand and Trump defender Jeanine Pirro.

Why it matters: This was Trump's final act as president, and he issued the pardon during the inauguration of Joe Biden.

Details: Albert Pirro was sentenced to 29 months in federal prison in 2000 on charges of conspiracy and tax evasion.

https://www.axios.com/trumps-jeanine-pirros-ex-husband-75c9d534-a5a7-40ea-9226-10d6c03e03b6.html
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2021, 01:26:16 PM »

With just over 30 minutes left in his presidency, now-former President Trump issued a full pardon to Albert J. Pirro, Jr., ex-husband of Fox News firebrand and Trump defender Jeanine Pirro.

Why it matters: This was Trump's final act as president, and he issued the pardon during the inauguration of Joe Biden.

Details: Albert Pirro was sentenced to 29 months in federal prison in 2000 on charges of conspiracy and tax evasion.

https://www.axios.com/trumps-jeanine-pirros-ex-husband-75c9d534-a5a7-40ea-9226-10d6c03e03b6.html

Lol really??
Yoda
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2021, 03:04:32 PM »

So he already served his sentence?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2021, 07:51:08 PM »

I can’t believe he didn’t pardon himself or his family and inner circle outside of Bannon. Like I understand the legal reasons you wouldn’t, but I can’t believe he went along with it rather than saying “WHATEVA I DO WHAT I WANT.” Does he really think he isn’t in trouble as far as criminal investigations? This was one of the things I enjoyed most about today.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »

The tweet is missing that the guy in question worked for both Trump's campaign and Trump's administration.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies