PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:00:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67403 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: July 26, 2021, 08:12:51 AM »

Honestly, the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race is pretty much safe for Doug Mastriano at this point unfortunately.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »

Honestly, the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race is pretty much safe for Doug Mastriano at this point unfortunately.

Doug will be even worse of an opponent for Shapiro than Heidelbaugh was.
Doug Mastriano has a huge following in Pennsylvania among Trump supporters due to his strong support for QAnon and the Stop the Steal movement. Those factors, coupled with 2022 likely being a terrible year for the Democrats, should be enough for Doug Mastriano to win 51-48 against Josh Shapiro. 
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »

Tilt R. Shapiro isn't being tested enough, and he will lose by 2-3 points like Fetterman.
I agree. Really the election is really Doug Mastriano’s to lose at this point. A scary thing is that Doug Mastriano is a potential running mate for Donald Trump in 2024 and would be even worse than Donald Trump is he is ever elected President.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 10:11:57 AM »

I expect Doug Mastriano to win big in both the primary and general election. He is a colorful character and is a big Stop the Steal supporter, so he will destroy Josh Shapiro considering that Trumpism is very popular in Pennsylvania nowadays.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 10:36:01 AM »

The margins in the suburbs for a Shapiro v Mastriano are going to be very interesting.
Inflation and the poor economy will be enough imo to pull Doug Mastriano over the finish line by about 2%. He will be crushed in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh suburbs, but will get North Korea style margins in the rural areas that will be enough to overcome suburban losses.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 08:34:28 PM »

Yep, the funny thing, I live here and had no clue he was even coming. Lol. He's making no effort to broaden his base. He didn't even talk to the local paper in town. The only people showing up are his die hards. No money, no ads...it's pathetic.
I’ve seen Trump supporters here in New Jersey praising Doug Mastriano and waving shirts with his slogans “We Don’t Dither” and “Walk As Free People” on them oddly enough.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »

Mastriano really makes no effort whatsoever to display any moderate image or broad appeal.  He really just tacks hard right and can't move away from them even for a moment.   Everything needs to be the most conservative stance, the most right wing position, the most pro-Trump statements.   To him there's absolutely no need to balance or appeal to more people or anything.

It's like he never left Republican Primary campaign mode, or a different mode doesn't even exist for him.

He's still running a better campaign than Dr. Oz is.
Slightly better I would say. While I have both Josh Shapiro and John Fetterman narrowly winning as of this week, I think there will be a decent number of Fetterman/Mastriano voters. John Fetterman I think will win by 1%, whereas Josh Shapiro will only win by 0.25-0.5%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies