PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:12:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67942 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: March 21, 2022, 02:13:48 PM »

Any reason why there hasn't been nearly as much discussion about this race?

It seems as if the state GOP and the media have been focused on the Senate race. Especially odd since I think Barletta and Mastriano are both horrible candidates for a very winnable race like PA-GOV in a Republican year.

Is Shapiro just that strong of a candidate that people just expect him to win in spite of the political winds?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

It seems as if the state GOP and the media have been focused on the Senate race. Especially odd since I think Barletta and Mastriano are both horrible candidates for a very winnable race like PA-GOV in a Republican year.

Is Shapiro just that strong of a candidate that people just expect him to win in spite of the political winds?

Combination of a completely uncompetitive D primary and a completely stupid GOP clown car primary, minus the interesting personalities like we have in the Senate primary. Nobody gives a sh*t about Mastriano or Barletta or White. They're all boring. At least there's been some fun jabs between Oz and McCormick.

I guess so. Just seems odd how little attention there is, given the chance of a Governor Barletta is reasonably high, at least compared to a Senator Oz
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 07:37:28 AM »

Combination of a completely uncompetitive D primary and a completely stupid GOP clown car primary, minus the interesting personalities like we have in the Senate primary. Nobody gives a sh*t about Mastriano or Barletta or White. They're all boring. At least there's been some fun jabs between Oz and McCormick.

This is why I think Shapiro could win even if the Republicans hold the Senate seat. He's a strong candidate who has the full backing of his party, while his Republican opponents are unimpressive.

Yea, Shapiro has much better chances of winning then what ever democrat wins the nomination for senate. I wouldn’t put it in the top 3 competitive gov races

Shapiro might be strong but PA is a classic swing state in a Republican year. At this point I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they don't elect a Republican Senator and a Republican Governor
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 09:50:56 AM »

I've noticed that Shapiro is still up with positive personal ads, and the DGA is up with an anti-Mastriano abortion spot.

That's the smart move at this point. No need for Shapiro to go negative right now. Define himself positively and let Mastriano's insanity speak for itself.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 07:29:37 PM »

Mastriano is just not running a campaign at this rate, isn't he?

He doesn't talk to the media and doesn't talk to any organizations--not even groups that should be slam-dunk GOP supporters like state troopers! it's amazing honestly.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 06:44:20 PM »

Has Mastriano even tried to campaign in the last week or so?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies