PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:14:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 69010 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: September 17, 2022, 02:28:46 PM »

Mastriano is a literal white supremacist and anti-Semite.

The funny thing is that he doesn't even bother to hide the slightest bit. The Republican Party anno 2022.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #776 on: September 17, 2022, 02:45:31 PM »

The funny thing is that he doesn't even bother to hide the slightest bit. The Republican Party anno 2022.

To the extent that he does hide it, it's only the fact that he is airing next to nothing in terms of ads on television. Allegedly he's airing micro-ads on cable where he says simple slogans like "Let's unleash freedom in Pennsylvania" while sitting on a barstool without even saying his name or what he's running for, followed by a brief shot of his logo, but I haven't even seen any of those personally, just heard about them from a friend.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #777 on: September 18, 2022, 09:17:34 PM »

To the extent that he does hide it, it's only the fact that he is airing next to nothing in terms of ads on television. Allegedly he's airing micro-ads on cable where he says simple slogans like "Let's unleash freedom in Pennsylvania" while sitting on a barstool without even saying his name or what he's running for, followed by a brief shot of his logo, but I haven't even seen any of those personally, just heard about them from a friend.

He's given up on even pretending to hide it.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #778 on: September 18, 2022, 09:28:26 PM »

I don't know who's luckier, Shapiro or Whitmer
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #779 on: September 18, 2022, 11:04:05 PM »

Probably Shapiro. Michigan was like two whole points bluer than Pennsylvania in 2020 and is probably roughly in line with the nation while Pennsylvania is slightly in line with it, plus Whitmer is an incumbent. Given this, it makes it slightly more surprising that the PAGOP seems to have just fully punted in an election year when they could easily have secured trifecta control and a Senate seat as the cherry on top. Honestly, underrated shock they're given a scare in the PA State House.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #780 on: September 19, 2022, 12:47:01 AM »

He's given up on even pretending to hide it.

This is besides the point but why does Ron Filipkowski always have such high comment-to-like ratios on his tweets?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #781 on: September 19, 2022, 08:27:09 AM »

Probably Shapiro. Michigan was like two whole points bluer than Pennsylvania in 2020 and is probably roughly in line with the nation while Pennsylvania is slightly in line with it, plus Whitmer is an incumbent. Given this, it makes it slightly more surprising that the PAGOP seems to have just fully punted in an election year when they could easily have secured trifecta control and a Senate seat as the cherry on top. Honestly, underrated shock they're given a scare in the PA State House.

Yeah the state house and state senate to a degree will be interesting. This is the first year in a very long time where things could get very interesting in the PA state legislature (I could only dream Dems take control), but Shapiro is the best they could possibly imagine at the top of the ticket (and Fetterman has his own strengths too of course, especially in Western PA), meanwhile Mastriano and Oz are quite possibly the worst drag you could imagine.

Should be noted though that the PA GOP bench is just disastrous and has been for a few years now. They're not sending their best.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #782 on: September 19, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #783 on: September 19, 2022, 06:02:58 PM »

I guess I'll give him credit for not trying to backpedal from his stringent views. But has this guy ever seen a conspiracy theory he doesn't immediately gravitate towards?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #784 on: September 19, 2022, 07:42:25 PM »

I guess I'll give him credit for not trying to backpedal from his stringent views. But has this guy ever seen a conspiracy theory he doesn't immediately gravitate towards?

Maybe the one that he was grown in a DGA lab.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #785 on: September 19, 2022, 08:47:35 PM »

That second clip is literally Alex Jones’ argument against abortion. He calls it eugenics and invokes Sanger all the time. Doug def is/was an Infowars listener.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #786 on: September 20, 2022, 06:48:25 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2022, 09:06:25 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

That second clip is literally Alex Jones’ argument against abortion. He calls it eugenics and invokes Sanger all the time. Doug def is/was an Infowars listener.

This has been a primary counter-argument against abortion since before Alex Jones was born. When Roe was decided, it was primarily debated as an issue of population control. Seriously, look up editorials from the 1960s and 1970s. Almost every person favoring abortion cited allegedly uncontrollable population growth.

Take that a step further and you get Ginsburg’s quote about controlling the number of “populations we don’t want too many of,” a view which has been somewhat inaccurately attributed to the late Justice herself but which definitely captured the zeitgeist of 1973.

edit: Consider some responses to Nixon's rejection ("I consider abortion an unacceptable form of population control.") of the 1969 Rockefeller Commission on Population and the American Future and its recommendations favoring abortion:

From Max Lerner: "Within the antinatalist camp itself there is a shift going on. In the old Margaret Sanger days the argument for birth control used to be that too many children... were hell for the mother and the family. True enough. But now the argument is that too many people are hell for the society, because of crowding, pollution, and the using up of resources. The arguments are linked, and the beauty of it is that you can use one or the other depending on your mood. The old emphasis was on the right not to breed unless you chose to. The new emphasis is on the duty to breed less."

A letter to the editor: "When [Nixon] says that abortion should not be used for population control he is, in a sense, telling us that we should not have population control. Ruling out abortions would rule out the hopes for a strong program of population limitation and for intelligent birth control in general."

A letter to the editor: "Mr. Nixon is willing to blow billions of dollars to make a poor undeveloped country more miserable. Can any end justify such means?... God grant that the American people have more wisdom than their President!"

A letter to the editor: "Let me try to answer [another editorialist's] concluding question as to 'how many [abortions are] enough': this question can be stated in the international language of elementary arithmetic, and a satisfactory answer is 'no more than two offspring per couple.'"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #787 on: September 21, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »

Jeff Bartos' wife is holding a fundraiser for Shapiro in Philly today lol.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #788 on: September 22, 2022, 08:10:51 AM »

IDK which is worse... the first where Doug is begging for money b/c national groups won't step in, or the 2nd one, where DelRosso finally decides to appear with him and they say that their "first ad" is being shot today... 47 days before the election

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #789 on: September 22, 2022, 12:31:22 PM »

I also think a lot of that Commonwealth Leaders Fund money was spent over the summer.

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #790 on: September 22, 2022, 06:54:41 PM »

I also think a lot of that Commonwealth Leaders Fund money was spent over the summer.

Holy sh**t. I mean I guess it's an improvement from a couple months ago when Mastriano was operating a statewide campaign on like $300,000 but still.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #791 on: September 23, 2022, 08:40:15 AM »

Holy sh**t. I mean I guess it's an improvement from a couple months ago when Mastriano was operating a statewide campaign on like $300,000 but still.

Well and the funny thing is, none of those CLF ads are pro-Mastriano. From what I've seen, the 1st one was just anti-Biden/anti-Shapiro and the 2nd one was ... pro-DelRosso/pro-"The republican ticket" lol
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #792 on: September 24, 2022, 12:11:35 PM »

Every ethnonationalist fringe has its own "abortion is [us] genocide" conspiracy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #793 on: September 24, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #794 on: September 24, 2022, 02:26:45 PM »

LOSER Mastriano, who will take away for freedoms and democracy, had a TINY CROWD in latest rally. ZERO ENTHUSIASM. Sad!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #795 on: September 24, 2022, 04:55:34 PM »

Just went on a college tour of Swathmore which is in a wealthy part of Delaware County. Lots of Shapiro signs, only 1 Mastriano signs. There were also a lot of signs for Scanlon which was interesting; I always though of her as somewhat of a backbencher and she isn't facing a comeptative re-election.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #796 on: September 24, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »

Okay, I'm sorry, this is borderline Likely-D at this point.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #797 on: September 24, 2022, 05:45:10 PM »

I can only imagine if Republicans had nominated Reschenthaler and Bartos. They would be in a much better position. Even McCormick and Barletta would have a better chance of winning than Oz and Mastriano at this point.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #798 on: September 24, 2022, 06:47:55 PM »

Well and the funny thing is, none of those CLF ads are pro-Mastriano. From what I've seen, the 1st one was just anti-Biden/anti-Shapiro and the 2nd one was ... pro-DelRosso/pro-"The republican ticket" lol
I've seen enough. This race is Likely R.
Mastriano is so popular Republican ads won't even mention his name! Doing so would detract from other candidates!
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #799 on: September 24, 2022, 06:48:16 PM »

I can only imagine if Republicans had nominated Reschenthaler and Bartos. They would be in a much better position. Even McCormick and Barletta would have a better chance of winning than Oz and Mastriano at this point.

Wasn't it mentioned earlier that Bartos's wife is fundraising for Shapiro?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies