PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 68011 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: July 17, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »

While Shapiro is a stronger candidate than the generic Dem, he is still overrated as a candidate

Exactly. Barely beat a nobody in 2020, but I guess that means unstoppable in Atlas Speak.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #526 on: July 17, 2022, 12:49:32 PM »

While Shapiro is a stronger candidate than the generic Dem, he is still overrated as a candidate

Exactly. Barely beat a nobody in 2020, but I guess that means unstoppable in Atlas Speak.
He outran Biden in a year where most dems were weaker than him. And Torsella literally lost to a nobody. You can't just discount those facts
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2022, 12:54:03 PM »

He outran Biden in a year where most dems were weaker than him. And Torsella literally lost to a nobody. You can't just discount those facts

Not saying I am but winning by 4.6% against a nobody when it should've been a blowout on Shapiro's part (winning by a likely or safe margin) isn't that impressive (most showed a 10-12 pt win for Shapiro).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2022, 01:41:20 PM »

Not saying I am but winning by 4.6% against a nobody when it should've been a blowout on Shapiro's part (winning by a likely or safe margin) isn't that impressive (most showed a 10-12 pt win for Shapiro).

LMAO the revisionist history here. We barely had a few polls for the AG race in 2020 and most were purely high just bc of Shapiro's name rec (and I don't think many had him that much higher than 50-52 or something?

Even someone who is strong electorally was not going to have a "blowout" in Pennsylvania in 2020. I mean, y'all are really just grasping at straws now.

The fact that the facts are getting discounted here and people can't just admit Shapiro is a good candidate is frankly very odd to me. Heidlebaugh was quite literally on the same page as Garrity. Torsella lost to Garrity. Yet Shapiro beat Heidelbaugh by nearly 5%. I'd say that should be case enough.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »

So, are we going to ignore the news of this cold case and it's potential effects if true?

Not even saying it is true, I'm waiting for more evidence first personally, but news like this could hurt Shapiro if true.
This is a 90% Democrat forum. How much do you think they'll care?

I have a YouTube video!!!! Why won't biased Atlas red avatars acknowledge this GROUNDBREAKING and LEGITIMATE story. more LIBERAL BIAS. I am a truthteller!! pay attention to me!!!

I have a feeling you didn't even read what I said. And I quote myself "Not even saying it is true, I'm waiting for more evidence first personally..." but clowns like you and wbrocks (who said Bredesen would win TN in 2018 because Blackburn was 'nuts', btw) didn't realize that I'm just giving out information that's out there so you aren't blindsided from the news of it does turn out to be true.

Quick side note too, on the PA Sen Race, I waited to see if anyone posted the Mother's Day that Oz made and...no one did. Can't say I'm not surprised by that though.
Nobody cares
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2022, 02:49:58 PM »

Q2 fundraising here will certainly be interesting.

For Q1, Shapiro raised $4.5M and had $16M COH. Mastriano raised $373K and had $1.1M COH

373k? Lmao.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »

There are Rs on the Forum that still think Oz and  Mastriano are gonna win lol
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »

So, are we going to ignore the news of this cold case and it's potential effects if true?

Not even saying it is true, I'm waiting for more evidence first personally, but news like this could hurt Shapiro if true.
This is a 90% Democrat forum. How much do you think they'll care?

I have a YouTube video!!!! Why won't biased Atlas red avatars acknowledge this GROUNDBREAKING and LEGITIMATE story. more LIBERAL BIAS. I am a truthteller!! pay attention to me!!!

I have a feeling you didn't even read what I said. And I quote myself "Not even saying it is true, I'm waiting for more evidence first personally..." but clowns like you and wbrocks (who said Bredesen would win TN in 2018 because Blackburn was 'nuts', btw) didn't realize that I'm just giving out information that's out there so you aren't blindsided from the news of it does turn out to be true.

Quick side note too, on the PA Sen Race, I waited to see if anyone posted the Mother's Day that Oz made and...no one did. Can't say I'm not surprised by that though.
Delusional Atlas Democrats will believe anything in the summer when Democrats lead all the competitive races in the "polls".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2022, 02:59:25 PM »

Lol when have Rs won an election 2016, Rs lost 2018 and 2020 in case you don't know that

In fact we beat Rs 80/75 M in 2020 there is nothing delusional about us winning in 2018/20
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2022, 03:59:04 PM »

Yea, Mastriano is gonna win
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

I hate to say it, but this isn't a good sign for Shapiro no matter how you interpret it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #536 on: July 17, 2022, 06:04:05 PM »

I hate to say it, but this isn't a good sign for Shapiro no matter how you interpret it.

what isn't a "good sign"? she was literally in town for a separate event and stopped into see his campaign.

you are insufferable
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2022, 06:16:12 PM »

Kamala Harris is gonna turn out the Blk base in Philly and Pittsburgh, Mastriano won't win stop it with your DOOMER threads it's a 303 map anyways WI, MI, PA, NV, AZ, NM, CO
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #538 on: July 18, 2022, 07:16:33 AM »

I am becoming increasingly convinced that we should implement a forum-wide ban on people not from PA commenting on PA races. It is clear that none of you have any idea what you're talking about.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #539 on: July 18, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »

I am becoming increasingly convinced that we should implement a forum-wide ban on people not from PA commenting on PA races. It is clear that none of you have any idea what you're talking about.

The sheer ignorance of the 2020 stuff really gets me. I'm like, y'all want to say Heidelbaugh was a nobody but Stacy Garrity (who people like me even had no idea who she was) wasn't? Like come on now. Let's be real.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #540 on: July 18, 2022, 08:43:28 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: July 18, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »

The sheer ignorance of the 2020 stuff really gets me. I'm like, y'all want to say Heidelbaugh was a nobody but Stacy Garrity (who people like me even had no idea who she was) wasn't? Like come on now. Let's be real.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much better an AG candidate can do than the candidate for President in a state like PA, but it appears users wouldn't be impressed unless Shapiro ran 5-6 points ahead of Biden.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #542 on: July 18, 2022, 12:00:07 PM »

Virginia Gov 2021 flash backs
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #543 on: July 19, 2022, 07:53:57 AM »

One Democratic internal poll shared with POLITICO showed that Mastriano’s favorable-unfavorable rating fell from 24-29 in early May to 33-46 in early July — an 8-point drop. Shapiro’s rating went from 43-31 to 52-29 in the same survey.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/19/mastriano-pennsylvania-governor-race-00046423

This is why I'd like to see more public polling, especially post-Roe. We haven't gotten anything since mid-June. Since then, Roe has obviously become one of the biggest issues in this race, and Shapiro/Dems have been up on TV non-stop to define Mastriano while Mastriano has been completely silent.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure how much better an AG candidate can do than the candidate for President in a state like PA, but it appears users wouldn't be impressed unless Shapiro ran 5-6 points ahead of Biden.

I frankly wouldn’t be impressed in any way that affected my perception of this race unless it was more like 10-15. Slight variations in a single cycle tell me nothing about another higher-profile open race four years later. Shapiro is well-liked but not Casey Sr. or Charlie Baker (both incumbents).
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: July 19, 2022, 09:25:30 AM »

I frankly wouldn’t be impressed in any way that affected my perception of this race unless it was more like 10-15. Slight variations in a single cycle tell me nothing about another higher-profile open race four years later. Shapiro is well-liked but not Casey Sr. or Charlie Baker (both incumbents).

We're talking about Pennsylvania. No candidate is ever going to run 10-15 points ahead of another statewide candidate. Tom Wolf outran Bob Casey by 2 points in 2018. Casey outran Obama by less than 2 points in 2012. Corbett outran Toomey by 3.5 points in 2010, a historic Republican wave year. Our "most electable" candidates do not run double digits ahead of other candidates.

Shapiro may not have won in 2020 if turnout for Dems wasn't as high as it was, but this idea that he "beat a nobody" is ridiculous; almost all non-incumbent candidates for row offices are "nobodies." Ask any person on the street who your incumbent AG beat in their last election, guarantee you nobody knows. And still "nobodies" like Tim DeFoor and Stacy Garrity defeated a well-known, previous statewide candidate and an incumbent, respectively.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #546 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:17 AM »

Yeah sorry, this is completely unrealistic for a state like PA.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2022, 07:57:55 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2022, 06:50:24 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2022, 07:00:47 AM »

Man, imagine seeing Ben Shapiro and Josh Shapiro as equals in any way other than last name.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies