PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67861 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2022, 02:32:57 PM »

I've noticed that Shapiro is still up with positive personal ads, and the DGA is up with an anti-Mastriano abortion spot.

That's the smart move at this point. No need for Shapiro to go negative right now. Define himself positively and let Mastriano's insanity speak for itself.
Based on the polls I'm seeing I disagree. He needs to make it clear this guy is a lunatic, the voters don't seem to know that yet

Why not try to chew gum and walk at the same time?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2022, 02:33:51 PM »

I've noticed that Shapiro is still up with positive personal ads, and the DGA is up with an anti-Mastriano abortion spot.

That's the smart move at this point. No need for Shapiro to go negative right now. Define himself positively and let Mastriano's insanity speak for itself.
Based on the polls I'm seeing I disagree. He needs to make it clear this guy is a lunatic, the voters don't seem to know that yet
The DGA is doing that though and Shapiro has plenty of time. Also remember that he has tons of money and Mastriano doesn't. If he goes on the offensive Mastriano won't be able to respond adequately.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #477 on: June 28, 2022, 08:54:44 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #478 on: June 28, 2022, 09:54:55 AM »

You can just hope PA voters reject this weirdo.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #479 on: June 28, 2022, 03:03:45 PM »

The PA GOP are a combination of the general lunacy/far right sh**tf@ckery of the NC GOP and the gross incompetence of Colorado Republicans.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #480 on: June 28, 2022, 03:23:52 PM »

The PA GOP are a combination of the general lunacy/far right sh**tf@ckery of the NC GOP and the gross incompetence of Colorado Republicans.

I wouldn't call them incompetent, they won the state for Trump in 2016 and almost did in 2020.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #481 on: June 28, 2022, 05:18:25 PM »

I wouldn't call them incompetent, they won the state for Trump in 2016 and almost did in 2020.

It's relative. They are still more competent than at least 40 state democratic parties.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2022, 09:26:42 AM »

Lean R. It is truly astonishing how despite hosting a litany of individuals who either hold degrees in or are academically pursuing philosophy, law, psychology, political science, sociology, or some other liberal arts discipline, this blog cannot quite wrap its head around the historically proven fact that generally speaking, people can accept fascism and chauvinism if the purveyors of such can convince them inflation will go away.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2022, 09:57:47 AM »

Lean R. It is truly astonishing how despite hosting a litany of individuals who either hold degrees in or are academically pursuing philosophy, law, psychology, political science, sociology, or some other liberal arts discipline, this blog cannot quite wrap its head around the historically proven fact that generally speaking, people can accept fascism and chauvinism if the purveyors of such can convince them inflation will go away.

Mastriano hasn't even focused on those issues though? What also could be his downfall of his own making is his OWN focus on issues like abortion, 2020 fraud, re-registered voters, rather than actual kitchen table issues.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2022, 10:18:17 AM »

Mastriano hasn't even focused on those issues though? What also could be his downfall of his own making is his OWN focus on issues like abortion, 2020 fraud, re-registered voters, rather than actual kitchen table issues.

I just hope the GOP overreach by focusing on such BS issues and nominating horrible candidates will result in serious underperformance. That's a major contrast to 2018 Dems, when they talked kitchentable issues a lot and tended to nominate candidates that play it safe.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »

Candidate quality is why this is Lean R and not worse.

I just hope the GOP overreach by focusing on such BS issues and nominating horrible candidates will result in serious underperformance. That's a major contrast to 2018 Dems, when they talked kitchentable issues a lot and tended to nominate candidates that play it safe.

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2022, 08:28:50 AM »

Candidate quality is why this is Lean R and not worse.

There are several million Americans that make more money in a year than what Mastriano has on hand.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2022, 08:36:35 AM »

Shapiro’s campaign, with $13 million in the bank and two ads running on television about Mastriano and abortion, said he raised about $500,000 from Friday to Sunday, his best fund-raising pace in the race. And 70% of those contributions came from first-time donors, a spokesperson said.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/clout/roe-wade-abortion-congress-fund-raising-campaigns-midterm-20220701.html
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #488 on: July 01, 2022, 04:50:47 PM »

Shapiro’s campaign, with $13 million in the bank and two ads running on television about Mastriano and abortion, said he raised about $500,000 from Friday to Sunday, his best fund-raising pace in the race. And 70% of those contributions came from first-time donors, a spokesperson said.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/clout/roe-wade-abortion-congress-fund-raising-campaigns-midterm-20220701.html

That's $200,000 more than Mastrabatiano's war chest.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2022, 08:18:34 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »

Huh, Bob Jubelirer is among this group. One of my government professors in college worked for him and sung his praises constantly. Wonder if he's on the same page as his former boss.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #491 on: July 06, 2022, 09:44:43 AM »

Huh, Bob Jubelirer is among this group. One of my government professors in college worked for him and sung his praises constantly. Wonder if he's on the same page as his former boss.

Shows how extreme Mastriano really is. While I consider Shapiro favored, I can't imagine this group matter all that much, if at all. Most voters don't care about these kinds of endorsements.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #492 on: July 06, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #493 on: July 06, 2022, 03:58:22 PM »

Tbf, this was a big part of Biden's strategy in 2020 and it only won him PA by 1.16% in 2020.

This doesn't really hurt Shapiro, but doesn't change the game much either. Glad to see though these people have morals beyond just not-Trump but also not his allies.

Anyways so much for red Chester County
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2022, 09:55:20 PM »

I don't think Mastriano has mentioned 2020 even once since winning the primary. His main problem is money, but that should flow in later on.
I think its pretty uncontroversial to say now that Mastriano has exceeded everyone's expectations.
If Mastriano doesn't mention 2020 and Shapiro makes it a centrepoint of his campaign (which is looking likely), this might have some VA-GOV parallels (I know Youngkin is a better candidate than Doug, but PA is double digits more Republican than VA).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2022, 10:41:54 PM »

I think its pretty uncontroversial to say now that Mastriano has exceeded everyone's expectations.
Yes, if only because there were none.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2022, 10:48:37 PM »

Most were expecting him to have no chance and lose in a blowout. Now it looks like he's running a competitive race and a good general election campaign.
Duke of York

« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2022, 10:50:43 PM »

Most were expecting him to have no chance and lose in a blowout. Now it looks like he's running a competitive race and a good general election campaign.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s the favorite. I have no faith in the voting public anymore.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #498 on: July 06, 2022, 11:47:21 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2022, 11:52:03 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s the favorite. I have no faith in the voting public anymore.

It's VBM what did Voting campaign workers say in VBM be patient we have to count provision ballots and the Rs didn't learn last time Rural votes come in first then urban

We didn't win AZ, NV, Wiz, PA, GA, MI outright we con them on Provisional ballots  we waited days and hours especially GA some people think we won GA by 5 pts we won them when Provisional ballots came in 50K votes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #499 on: July 06, 2022, 11:50:11 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2022, 11:55:44 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

He has no chance, he hasn't lead in a single poll like Oz whom is losing 50/44 and the reason why Rs are competetive in PA, MI and WI is because Rs Dominate the R state legislature but like in KY Andy Beshear got elected with a 2/3rds R state legislature Crist, Beto, and all our D Govs can be elected with R state legislature, Cuomo and Hochul win with an R state Senate the only states that have D state l we legislation are CA, IL,, MD, MA, RI, ME, RI, OR, WAvand NM and NV, NH has an R state legislature that's why SUNUNU is favored

Crist was a former R and has lead in two polls and the reason why he is competitive is because he didn't raise taxes when he was an R
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies