PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:07:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67371 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2022, 06:00:20 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2022, 06:38:25 PM by Duke of York »

I feel like people should look into the Northampton County Executive race from last fall. Reminder that this is a critical swing county located in this very state.

Republican candidate Steve Lynch was a Stop the Steal believer who was at the rally on January 6 and wanted to send armed men to intimidate school boards. Pretty similar to Mastriano.

The incumbent Democrat, Lamont McClure, was reelected by over 12 points in the same county that Biden carried by less than 1. On the same night that Terry McAuliffe and Phil Murphy underperformed Biden's 2020 performance in their states by double digits.

I normally wouldn't read too much into something like this, but again, this is one of the swingiest counties in the exact same state.

I honestly think the bigger threat to Dems will be turnout crashing in the bluest cores of the state. If everyone who showed up in 2020 revoted for Gov, then I think Shapiro would be a pretty clear favorite to win, however, turnout dynamics will def favour Rs.
This is why I think Mastriano is favored many people in blue areas can't be bothered to vote every year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:16 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2022, 07:36:17 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Lol Shapiro is gonna win this race it's a 303 Map or will be because Gas prices are going way down from 7.00 it's 5.50 now, we won MI, Pa and WI on Provisions ballots all these users think White voters are underestimated they're not it's Minorities that are underpolled they teach you this in Civics class in Undergrad, MINORITIES NOT WHITE VOTERS ARE UNDERPOLLED

They said during Reagan Era minority vote didn't participate because they were content with Project life, now there are no projects they participate now with urban poverty
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2022, 07:33:41 AM »

I feel like people should look into the Northampton County Executive race from last fall. Reminder that this is a critical swing county located in this very state.

Republican candidate Steve Lynch was a Stop the Steal believer who was at the rally on January 6 and wanted to send armed men to intimidate school boards. Pretty similar to Mastriano.

The incumbent Democrat, Lamont McClure, was reelected by over 12 points in the same county that Biden carried by less than 1. On the same night that Terry McAuliffe and Phil Murphy underperformed Biden's 2020 performance in their states by double digits.

I normally wouldn't read too much into something like this, but again, this is one of the swingiest counties in the exact same state.

I honestly think the bigger threat to Dems will be turnout crashing in the bluest cores of the state. If everyone who showed up in 2020 revoted for Gov, then I think Shapiro would be a pretty clear favorite to win, however, turnout dynamics will def favour Rs.
This is why I think Mastriano is favored many people in blue areas can't be bothered to vote every year.

Not sure how this works since college+ whites have historically been the ones to come out, even in off year elections, and those voters are more than ever in vote-rich areas like Allegheny and SEPA.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2022, 12:05:06 PM »

Not sure how this works since college+ whites have historically been the ones to come out, even in off year elections, and those voters are more than ever in vote-rich areas like Allegheny and SEPA.

Uh the Philly black vote maybe?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »

Uh the Philly black vote maybe?

Philly turnout was decent all things considered last year, so I don't imagine it would be lower for a legit midterm race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2022, 09:53:55 AM »

We're a week out from the primary and still no GE polls. Insanity.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2022, 10:38:45 AM »

Again, there is a hidden Blk and Brown and Female vote in this Environment, that's why we outnumber Rs 65/65M votes it's called wave insurance and we won the big three narrowly in 20
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2022, 10:07:37 PM »

Pundits and even networks don't know what the hell is going on (see the constant changing of the % of the vote in), it really depends.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2022, 11:53:57 AM »

Perfect point of total self-destruction by the GOP. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2022, 09:59:23 AM »

Perfect point of total self-destruction by the GOP. 

The PA GOP has been a mess for years now. I mean, the top candidates have been Mastriano, Parnell, Wagner, Barletta, etc. They aren't sending their best.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2022, 06:37:55 PM »

This poll conducted for Future Majority & America’s Future Majority shows Shapiro beating Mastriano by 43 points with Hispanic voters.

https://futuremajority.org/wp-content/uploads/Future-Majority-Polling-Report-Latino-Voters-in-Arizona-Nevada-and-Pennsylvania.pdf
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2022, 08:12:20 PM »

Users know it's a 303 map and they try to pretend the question is Gov Evers will he and Barnes both win in 22 just like they won in 2018
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2022, 07:58:11 AM »

This poll conducted for Future Majority & America’s Future Majority shows Shapiro beating Mastriano by 43 points with Hispanic voters.

https://futuremajority.org/wp-content/uploads/Future-Majority-Polling-Report-Latino-Voters-in-Arizona-Nevada-and-Pennsylvania.pdf

Shapiro +43 would be better than everyone except for Hillary, though that was a bit of anomaly since she was extremely strong with Latinos across the board (or rather that, combined with Trump's weakness as well)

2020: Biden +42
2018 GOV: Wolf +36
2018 SEN: Casey +38
2016: Clinton +52
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #438 on: June 02, 2022, 10:25:55 AM »

Will people finally stop acting as if Mastriano is *not* some type of albatross around the GOP? Yes, he's so generic R isn't he?!!

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2022, 04:13:56 PM »

LOL R internal shows Generic D up over Generic R 47-45.
Duke of York

« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2022, 06:57:54 PM »

truly the worst poll i've ever seen. Throw it in the trash bin where it belongs.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #441 on: June 04, 2022, 01:42:28 AM »

truly the worst poll i've ever seen. Throw it in the trash bin where it belongs.

Worse than the Whitmer +30 poll from a couple days ago.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2022, 01:19:10 PM »

Civiqs has now sent me a poll twice for this race (the latest one included Oz/Fetterman too), so hopefully we'll see something public soon
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2022, 04:48:39 PM »

Civiqs has now sent me a poll twice for this race (the latest one included Oz/Fetterman too), so hopefully we'll see something public soon

Who cares? The polling industry is dead.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2022, 04:51:11 PM »

Who cares? The polling industry is dead.

Note to Civiqs: don't send SnowLabrador a survey.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #445 on: June 14, 2022, 07:04:07 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2022, 12:08:13 PM by gracile »

Mastriano compares Capitol riot to Reichstag fire.

The Donald Trump-endorsed nominee for governor in Pennsylvania compared the Jan. 6 attack to historical events staged by the Nazis, saying that he saw "parallels" between the criticism of the Jan. 6 attack and the 1933 Reichstag fire, which Hitler used to seize more power.

Doug Mastriano was at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #446 on: June 14, 2022, 11:12:47 PM »

Not sure I can support Mastriano given his implied criticism of McCarthy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2022, 12:29:58 AM »

Shapiro and Fetterman are gonna win anyways as well as Whitmer
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #448 on: June 20, 2022, 09:43:02 AM »

Mastriano is basically running his campaign using the same insane sh*tposting memes that your crazy aunt posts to Facebook

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2022, 09:52:12 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2022, 12:08:33 PM by gracile »

Mastriano compares Capitol riot to Reichstag fire.

The Donald Trump-endorsed nominee for governor in Pennsylvania compared the Jan. 6 attack to historical events staged by the Nazis, saying that he saw "parallels" between the criticism of the Jan. 6 attack and the 1933 Reichstag fire, which Hitler used to seize more power.

Doug Mastriano was at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

LOL, the dude is such a trainwreck. Hopefully he's rejected by more than a few points.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies