PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:25:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67643 times)
Hollywood
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2022, 08:27:40 AM »

Mastriano willwin the primary as polls show. VOTERS DON'T CARE ABOUT JAN 6, they care about bread and butter issues like inflation/gas prices. In the red wave this year Mastriano will win against shapiro sorry red avatars.

It's pretty funny the Democrats hid three polls this week cause it's literally armageddon.

They should have hired me to advise them.  Everyone I does not give one F about J6 cause it's already been talked about by most Americans who naturally come to the conclusion that it was an unfortunate event, but Democrats had like thousands of unfortunate riots that they could have easily condemned.  They could have pulled support. 

So let them keep jerking off to fantasies of imprisoning their political opponents in defense of a democracy.  A Democracy they don't believe should be bound by the very constitution and Republic that provided such a grand privilege, and sparked the revolutionary movement from France to Russia to Prussia. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2022, 12:28:13 PM »

Mastriano willwin the primary as polls show. VOTERS DON'T CARE ABOUT JAN 6, they care about bread and butter issues like inflation/gas prices. In the red wave this year Mastriano will win against shapiro sorry red avatars.

Nice try.
swf541

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2022, 08:37:54 PM »

My former employer went to the kick off rally and went on about it for a while, some of the other regional lunatics in attendance were Dan Cox and Klacik lol.
Duke of York

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2022, 08:44:41 PM »

Yeah Democrats should just give up now and not even bother running a serious campaign its forgone conclusion. Heck Mastriano shouldn't bother campaigning or with GOTV as he's guaranteed to win.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2022, 07:30:48 PM »

Voters don’t care about January 6. But, if you make election fraud and conspiracy theories the centerpiece and main campaign issue, you will lose. These candidates will fair a slight bit better in 2022 than they would’ve in a more liberal political environment, (Larry Elder).
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2022, 12:30:55 PM »

The clown car continues to grow:

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2022, 01:34:42 PM »

The R nominee is either gonna be Barletta or Mastriano, Turzai is delusional.
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2022, 02:34:23 PM »

Josh Shapiro endorsed by Meek Mill

https://twitter.com/MeekMill/status/1483877990513655809
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2022, 02:54:34 PM »

LET'S GOOOOO
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2022, 03:47:18 PM »

ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »

Can we talk about Shapiro trying his damnedest to railroad the state and county parties into endorsing/supporting his Lt Gov pick?  Like, I understand endorsing someone and saying “hey”, I would like to work with this person if elected”, but Davis doesn’t even have his own campaign team or infrastructure.  Shapiro is literally running everything for him at the moment.  Shapiro has also asked several county parties to cancel other non-Davis Lt Gov candidate appearances, and cancelled his own scheduled appearances when they refused to put their thumbs on the scale like that.  It will be interesting to watch two items: first, whether or not Davis emerges out of the State Committee meeting with the PA Dems endorsement, which will require a two-thirds vote out of the full endorsement committee.  And second, if Davis does win the May (June?) primary, what do the margins look like outside of Pittsburgh/Montgomery?

It’s just really strange to me that Josh and/or Josh’s team are being so coercive; had he just endorsed Davis and let the primary play out, I could see Davis winning on his own.  At this point Josh is making it harder for him.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2022, 06:53:42 PM »

Can we talk about Shapiro trying his damnedest to railroad the state and county parties into endorsing/supporting his Lt Gov pick?  Like, I understand endorsing someone and saying “hey”, I would like to work with this person if elected”, but Davis doesn’t even have his own campaign team or infrastructure.  Shapiro is literally running everything for him at the moment.  Shapiro has also asked several county parties to cancel other non-Davis Lt Gov candidate appearances, and cancelled his own scheduled appearances when they refused to put their thumbs on the scale like that.  It will be interesting to watch two items: first, whether or not Davis emerges out of the State Committee meeting with the PA Dems endorsement, which will require a two-thirds vote out of the full endorsement committee.  And second, if Davis does win the May (June?) primary, what do the margins look like outside of Pittsburgh/Montgomery?

It’s just really strange to me that Josh and/or Josh’s team are being so coercive; had he just endorsed Davis and let the primary play out, I could see Davis winning on his own.  At this point Josh is making it harder for him.

Nah, I think it’s good that he chose the person he wanted to work with and is actively campaigning for him. It’s stupid that PA even has a primary for the Lt Gov position because if the electorate has enough faith in the person they’re electing as Gov, they should have enough faith in the person they’re electing as second in command. It was certainly an anomaly to see Fetterman upset an incumbent Lt Gov specifically because Wolf chose not to put a thumb on the scale. That ended up working out, but if Shapiro decides he’d rather work with Davis than Sims, that’s his prerogative. Shapiro is the de facto nominee and therefore the de facto face of the PA Dems at this point anyway.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2022, 07:47:07 PM »

Can we talk about Shapiro trying his damnedest to railroad the state and county parties into endorsing/supporting his Lt Gov pick?  Like, I understand endorsing someone and saying “hey”, I would like to work with this person if elected”, but Davis doesn’t even have his own campaign team or infrastructure.  Shapiro is literally running everything for him at the moment.  Shapiro has also asked several county parties to cancel other non-Davis Lt Gov candidate appearances, and cancelled his own scheduled appearances when they refused to put their thumbs on the scale like that.  It will be interesting to watch two items: first, whether or not Davis emerges out of the State Committee meeting with the PA Dems endorsement, which will require a two-thirds vote out of the full endorsement committee.  And second, if Davis does win the May (June?) primary, what do the margins look like outside of Pittsburgh/Montgomery?

It’s just really strange to me that Josh and/or Josh’s team are being so coercive; had he just endorsed Davis and let the primary play out, I could see Davis winning on his own.  At this point Josh is making it harder for him.

I'd assume that he has Mike Stack implanted into his memory and doesn't want to have to switch Lt Govs during re-election, assuming he wins.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2022, 03:49:06 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2022, 03:55:14 AM by ctherainbow »

Nah, I think it’s good that he chose the person he wanted to work with and is actively campaigning for him. It’s stupid that PA even has a primary for the Lt Gov position because if the electorate has enough faith in the person they’re electing as Gov, they should have enough faith in the person they’re electing as second in command. It was certainly an anomaly to see Fetterman upset an incumbent Lt Gov specifically because Wolf chose not to put a thumb on the scale. That ended up working out, but if Shapiro decides he’d rather work with Davis than Sims, that’s his prerogative. Shapiro is the de facto nominee and therefore the de facto face of the PA Dems at this point anyway.

Huh.  Gonna have to disagree with you; I think it would be stupid to diminish the input of PA voters by reducing the Lt Gov to just another appointed position that party leadership has control over at the end of the day.  I’m generally against reducing voter choice, though, so this just isn’t an exception for me. 

I also think that it’s incredibly entitled and petulant of Josh to essentially say “yeah, I know this is an elected position, but this is who’s gonna be my Lt Gov; if you don’t cancel events with the other candidates, I’m not coming to your events.”  It would be one thing if Shapiro had just endorsed/campaigned with Davis, but flat-out trying to coerce county committees into cancelling appearances by other candidates is way too far for me.  If you want proof, let me know; I’ll put you in touch with the Lycoming County Dems, who can tell you a thing or two about Josh’s recent bullsh**t.

Honestly, as much as I feel bad for Sims and Sosa, I feel even more bad for Davis.  He’s a young legislator who doesn’t have a ton of experience under his belt yet, and was clearly picked because A, he’s geographically what Josh is not, B, he’s demographically what Josh is not, and C, he won’t outshine Josh.  He’s super friendly and I think he has a good career ahead of him in the House or wherever else he wants to go, I’m just worried that Josh/Josh’s team is going to damage his future by acting the way they are while trying to push his candidacy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »

Huh.  Gonna have to disagree with you; I think it would be stupid to diminish the input of PA voters by reducing the Lt Gov to just another appointed position that party leadership has control over at the end of the day.  I’m generally against reducing voter choice, though, so this just isn’t an exception for me. 

I also think that it’s incredibly entitled and petulant of Josh to essentially say “yeah, I know this is an elected position, but this is who’s gonna be my Lt Gov; if you don’t cancel events with the other candidates, I’m not coming to your events.”  It would be one thing if Shapiro had just endorsed/campaigned with Davis, but flat-out trying to coerce county committees into cancelling appearances by other candidates is way too far for me.  If you want proof, let me know; I’ll put you in touch with the Lycoming County Dems, who can tell you a thing or two about Josh’s recent bullsh**t.

Honestly, as much as I feel bad for Sims and Sosa, I feel even more bad for Davis.  He’s a young legislator who doesn’t have a ton of experience under his belt yet, and was clearly picked because A, he’s geographically what Josh is not, B, he’s demographically what Josh is not, and C, he won’t outshine Josh.  He’s super friendly and I think he has a good career ahead of him in the House or wherever else he wants to go, I’m just worried that Josh/Josh’s team is going to damage his future by acting the way they are while trying to push his candidacy.

I'm quite into politics and even I haven't seen what you're saying. I think sometimes we overestimate the inside baseball stuff. To the average person, Josh has endorsed him and is his running mate, that's pretty much it.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »

I'm quite into politics and even I haven't seen what you're saying. I think sometimes we overestimate the inside baseball stuff. To the average person, Josh has endorsed him and is his running mate, that's pretty much it.

Ctherainbow has been a pretty reliable source for some of the inside baseball stuff, though. I wouldn't doubt his connection to some of the folks he's talking about. And while, yes, it is off-putting that Shapiro is essentially blackballing counties who won't go along with his handpicked candidate (and I believe his diagnosis for why Shapiro chose Davis is accurate) it doesn't exactly cause me to think less of Shapiro because the primary is so uncompetitive. For a long time, Sims was the only serious candidate running and Patty Kim was the only candidate who was seriously considering running, and she ultimately decided not to. I don't particularly like Sims (though I can't say I particularly dislike him either, I'm very meh about him) but there are certainly better candidates and Davis is one of them. He just happens to be the one that was selected.

Sometimes you have to elbow your way into getting the Lt Gov you want to avoid, as we've mentioned, a repeat of Mike Stack. I think it's smart of Shapiro to see past the immediate future and I think Davis is a worthy candidate to elevate. It's obvious that Josh has wanted to be Gov ever since he was getting his start in PA politics, so I guess he's just trying to make things go as much according to plan as possible. I trust him either way.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2022, 05:57:19 PM »

Oh, I don't disagree with you on that note at all; I doubt the average voter knows yet that this has been happening behind the scenes, and they may never.  But within the PA Dems party structure, this strong-arming is doing huge damage to Josh's activist support among rural counties, which is the main reason he was able to run ahead of topline Dems like Biden.  We NEED to keep the Governor's mansion, but if the activist/volunteer base is pissed off and won't put in the work, I'm a little worried.

For reference, I am part of the Susquehanna County party structure, and best friends with our State Committee rep, so I am mired up to the eyeballs in behind the scenes Dem Party stuff, and definitely guilty of probably not being able to see over the weeds and have an average voter view on it.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2022, 06:59:44 PM »

Ctherainbow has been a pretty reliable source for some of the inside baseball stuff, though. I wouldn't doubt his connection to some of the folks he's talking about. And while, yes, it is off-putting that Shapiro is essentially blackballing counties who won't go along with his handpicked candidate (and I believe his diagnosis for why Shapiro chose Davis is accurate) it doesn't exactly cause me to think less of Shapiro because the primary is so uncompetitive. For a long time, Sims was the only serious candidate running and Patty Kim was the only candidate who was seriously considering running, and she ultimately decided not to. I don't particularly like Sims (though I can't say I particularly dislike him either, I'm very meh about him) but there are certainly better candidates and Davis is one of them. He just happens to be the one that was selected.

Sometimes you have to elbow your way into getting the Lt Gov you want to avoid, as we've mentioned, a repeat of Mike Stack. I think it's smart of Shapiro to see past the immediate future and I think Davis is a worthy candidate to elevate. It's obvious that Josh has wanted to be Gov ever since he was getting his start in PA politics, so I guess he's just trying to make things go as much according to plan as possible. I trust him either way.

Aww, well thanks.  I've just been lucky to get to know folks as friends who are in the Democratic Party structure here, so I try to share what I ethically can.

For me, the black-balling does make me think a lot less of Josh, but we can agree on one thing; I am also a Kenyatta-wanter!    Cheesy
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2022, 08:40:03 AM »

Mastriano officially in.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2022, 10:11:57 AM »

I expect Doug Mastriano to win big in both the primary and general election. He is a colorful character and is a big Stop the Steal supporter, so he will destroy Josh Shapiro considering that Trumpism is very popular in Pennsylvania nowadays.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2022, 10:50:18 AM »

Trump is gonna get Prosecuted sooner or later he has a Civil lawsuit in NT and a Criminal lawsuit with insurrection and GA meddling Biden won the state narrowly in 2020 and Bob Casey and Wolf are popular too
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2022, 05:34:42 PM »

I expect Doug Mastriano to win big in both the primary and general election. He is a colorful character and is a big Stop the Steal supporter, so he will destroy Josh Shapiro considering that Trumpism is very popular in Pennsylvania nowadays.
Well he's led all primary polls so far.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2022, 09:18:15 PM »

Tilt D with Mastriano being the Republican nominee.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2022, 03:12:58 PM »

Hardly a surprise, but the PA Dems endorsed Shapiro for Governor and Davis for Lt. Governor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2022, 03:23:17 PM »

Tilt D with Mastriano being the Republican nominee.

Probably Tilt Democratic with either of the Republican clowncar. Shapiro is a strong candidate who has proven his electoral strengths.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies