PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:00:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 67986 times)
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: December 25, 2022, 12:33:44 PM »

PA-GOV results by State House district:

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1076 on: December 25, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »

Winning by 15 points under FPP should translate into a lot more than 61% of the seats. But given PA Dems' vote concentration, that's a pretty decent result.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #1077 on: December 29, 2022, 04:46:07 PM »

Eugene DePasquale considering an AG run:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1078 on: January 05, 2023, 08:24:49 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1079 on: January 05, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »

Fine, I guess?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1080 on: January 05, 2023, 09:14:21 AM »

Yeah, I have no problem with this at all but it also just kinda sucks when people who are put in place for these jobs (Leigh Chapman currently) and then are bounced out for literally no reason. I know she was "acting" currently, but no reason why she couldn't have been put up to be official.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1081 on: January 14, 2023, 03:01:43 PM »

This doesn’t deserve its own thread but as the forum’s resident Malcolm stan, I have to post this!

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1082 on: January 14, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »

Fine, I guess?

Yeah, I think it's a very good move. Secretary of state also serves at the governor's pleasure. But I don't think the guy will act as a partisan hack in his position.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1083 on: January 14, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »

This doesn’t deserve its own thread but as the forum’s resident Malcolm stan, I have to post this!

Fully endorsed. This would put him in a great position to run for governor in 2030 or Senate if Casey retires.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1084 on: January 16, 2023, 09:29:47 AM »

LOL

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2023, 09:50:41 AM »

LOL

I can give them a summary a free, don't have to waste a dime on a post-mortem: Mastriano and many other candidates just sucked. Perhaps nominate sane conservatives with a platform to improve people's life instead of fascists that still whine about 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2023, 09:54:57 AM »

LOL

I can give them a summary a free, don't have to waste a dime on a post-mortem: Mastriano and many other candidates just sucked. Perhaps nominate sane conservatives with a platform to improve people's life instead of fascists that still whine about 2020.

Center Street Pac flubbed the  polls 55/33 the S race was alot closer and Casey is in  for a competition race, is he fav yes but the after effects of this document story has changed the 24 Eday we don't know how much just think Fetterman and Hochul won by 5 pts and they had the documents story before Eday

There was a poll that was Casey behind by 5 that isn't the 55)33 he is normally wins by and that was before Documents story
Duke of York

« Reply #1087 on: January 16, 2023, 10:23:18 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-20cd143afd7b31e0c2d05cc6a761ae5e

Court greenlights holding Pa. House special elections Feb. 7

Do Republicans have a chance in any of these districts?

Ive heard they might in the 32nd which was rendered vacant due to the passing of Anthony DeLuca from cancer a few weeks before the election.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1088 on: January 16, 2023, 10:25:49 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-20cd143afd7b31e0c2d05cc6a761ae5e

Court greenlights holding Pa. House special elections Feb. 7

Do Republicans have a chance in any of these districts?

Ive heard they might in the 32nd which was rendered vacant due to the passing of Anthony DeLuca from cancer a few weeks before the election.

IIRC all of these are like Biden +40 districts so I don't think so
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1089 on: January 17, 2023, 01:58:52 PM »

Josh Shapiro is officially the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania now.

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1090 on: January 17, 2023, 02:06:18 PM »

Josh Shapiro is officially the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania now.

Slaying
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1091 on: January 17, 2023, 02:24:50 PM »

LOL

The problem runs deeper than that. They can't just nominate sane conservatives with a platform to improve people's lives, because that's not what most registered Republicans want. Republicans have spent decades carefully cultivating a base that consists of the dumbest people in the country and now they're stuck with it. Unless the primary elections get abolished completely, they're going to have to figure out how to trick their voters into worshipping sane people instead of crazy and stupid ones, but that's going to be tough.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1092 on: January 17, 2023, 02:30:29 PM »

LOL

The problem runs deeper than that. They can't just nominate sane conservatives with a platform to improve people's lives, because that's not what most registered Republicans want. Republicans have spent decades carefully cultivating a base that consists of the dumbest people in the country and now they're stuck with it. Unless the primary elections get abolished completely, they're going to have to figure out how to trick their voters into worshipping sane people instead of crazy and stupid ones, but that's going to be tough.

Yeah, and even if primaries were abolished and sane conservative candidates get appointed by a party aparatus, these people at the base wouldn't feel represented. However, still hardly to deny that a lesser crazy Republican candidate would have done better than Mastriano.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1093 on: January 17, 2023, 02:41:59 PM »

I'm excited to see who he appoints as AG.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #1094 on: January 17, 2023, 07:36:50 PM »

I'm excited to see who he appoints as AG.
Michelle Henry, a republican.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1095 on: January 17, 2023, 07:59:12 PM »

Winning by 15 points under FPP should translate into a lot more than 61% of the seats. But given PA Dems' vote concentration, that's a pretty decent result.

I think a large part of it is that the "liberal" Philly suburbs come to a pretty abrupt stop as soon as you enter Lancaster and Berks counties, whereas in most other states with large urban cores, a larger D win directly correlates with winning seats further and further out into the suburbs.

Under the Cerva's state House map, Biden 1 point win statewide resulted in him wininning all but 2 seats between Chester and Montgomery Counties so there wasn't much more for Shapiro to peel off there. Meanwhile, Shapiro only flipped 1 seat from Biden between Lancaster and Berks, not even coming that close in HD-100 or HD-99 which directly border Chester County
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1096 on: January 17, 2023, 08:35:43 PM »

Already looking like a future President. That portrait is so sharp.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1097 on: January 17, 2023, 08:41:28 PM »

LOL

Yeah and while their house candidates didn't suck as much s**t Mastriano and Oz both dragged down the entire ticket.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1098 on: January 17, 2023, 08:53:17 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2023, 09:01:58 PM by Oryxslayer »

I think a large part of it is that the "liberal" Philly suburbs come to a pretty abrupt stop as soon as you enter Lancaster and Berks counties, whereas in most other states with large urban cores, a larger D win directly correlates with winning seats further and further out into the suburbs.

Under the Cerva's state House map, Biden 1 point win statewide resulted in him wininning all but 2 seats between Chester and Montgomery Counties so there wasn't much more for Shapiro to peel off there. Meanwhile, Shapiro only flipped 1 seat from Biden between Lancaster and Berks, not even coming that close in HD-100 or HD-99 which directly border Chester County

Also, Dem's didn't lead the GOP by 10+ points in the state leg races. They technically lost the overall popular vote by under 8%, but there were 20 more (~10% of the chamber) uncontested GOP races when compared to uncontested Dem ones. Shapiro certainly carried the ticket, but Fetterman's margins seem to be a better comparison for everyone else.

Fetterman won 107 seats, Whereas Shapiro won 124 seats BTW.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1099 on: January 17, 2023, 09:12:32 PM »

Also, Dem's didn't lead the GOP by 10+ points in the state leg races. They technically lost the overall popular vote by under 8%, but there were 20 more (~10% of the chamber) uncontested GOP races when compared to uncontested Dem ones. Shapiro certainly carried the ticket, but Fetterman's margins seem to be a better comparison for everyone else.

Fetterman won 107 seats, Whereas Shapiro won 124 seats BTW.

Were there any Biden-Oz seats? Looking on DRA, the only one I could see as maybe a possibility is HD-160 (wealthy Chester County suburbs). Still nearly Biden + 8 so seems very unlikely. Ig 142 and 144 which were narrow Biden seats in Bucks County are also possibilities, but if I had to guess Fetterman would've run ahead of Biden narrowly in these seats.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies