Titanium Blue state that would probably become a swing state 50 years later...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:40:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Titanium Blue state that would probably become a swing state 50 years later...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Titanium Blue state that would probably become a swing state 50 years later...  (Read 2553 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 09:34:50 PM »

HI or RI, both on the backs of slow demographic realignment
could hawaii ever get a retirement community growing?

I kind of doubt it. It's cost of living plus distance from the mainland makes it pretty unattractive to retire in.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »

HI or RI, both on the backs of slow demographic realignment
could hawaii ever get a retirement community growing?

I kind of doubt it. It's cost of living plus distance from the mainland makes it pretty unattractive to retire in.
hawaii dems are smart unlike the georgia gop with the hollywood taxs credit.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 04:32:30 AM »

The thing about Delaware's voting patterns is that it's a fairly white-collar state. If it flips to the Republicans it'll be because the Republicans become more #Tory than they are presently, which isn't impossible but is also the opposite of their current trajectory.

I think this could be the future. The thing is a leftward economic shift among the dem base may cause some of these mid atlantic states to fall away (DE, NJ, CT) Though I think there are economically left social moderates in appalachia and the plains that could compensate for the losses.

I also agree with the post earlier that all states cycle through eventually. We've seen it.
a progressive dem taking over any of the dem party parties in thoughs states ends up being hte democrat keil ward save for possible ct.?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 04:59:43 AM »

What if there is no electoral college at all and it is all popular vote?
But to answer the original question, Illinois has a good shot of becoming a swing state much sooner than that.

I am inclined to agree that my current home, Illinois, seems likely to return to swing-state status, given the growth trends in the collar counties, and it won't take 50 years to get to that point.

But the collar counties are trending Democratic. Why would Illinois become a swing state?
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »

What if there is no electoral college at all and it is all popular vote?
But to answer the original question, Illinois has a good shot of becoming a swing state much sooner than that.

I am inclined to agree that my current home, Illinois, seems likely to return to swing-state status, given the growth trends in the collar counties, and it won't take 50 years to get to that point.

But the collar counties are trending Democratic. Why would Illinois become a swing state?

It won't. It's a pipe dream for Republicans, and feels similar to Dems saying years ago that MS will become an inevitably Democratic state as soon as the state becomes majority-minority.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2021, 10:19:14 PM »

50 years is a long time but if you are looking at this purely from the current political trajectory where urban areas and near in suburbs are becoming more democratic and rural areas more republican, then I could see this being the map:

In other words a lot of really blue states like Connecticut and Colorado could be swing states then assuming the GOP moderates on social issues.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 01:03:17 AM »

50 years is a long time but if you are looking at this purely from the current political trajectory where urban areas and near in suburbs are becoming more democratic and rural areas more republican, then I could see this being the map:

In other words a lot of really blue states like Connecticut and Colorado could be swing states then assuming the GOP moderates on social issues.

why would Virginia be toss up in this case? Its neither a toss up nor safe dem state now. lmao
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies