is flying a confederate flag a "redneck pride" thing or just being "racist"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:52:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  is flying a confederate flag a "redneck pride" thing or just being "racist"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
redneck pride

racist

both

neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: is flying a confederate flag a "redneck pride" thing or just being "racist"?  (Read 3864 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 14, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »

Probably my favorite anecdote from the Confederate flag debate was a conversation I had with an elderly gentleman with a thick Southern accent dressed in overalls and a red t-shirt, who said of the Confederacy, "I think they're traitors, and the people who fly that flag today are traitors and terrorists."

This is true, but Americans complaining about rebel traitors is just a bit much.

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 03:36:03 PM »

Probably my favorite anecdote from the Confederate flag debate was a conversation I had with an elderly gentleman with a thick Southern accent dressed in overalls and a red t-shirt, who said of the Confederacy, "I think they're traitors, and the people who fly that flag today are traitors and terrorists."

This is true, but Americans complaining about rebel traitors is just a bit much.

Canada took are traitors then, would you like the latest batch?

We took in United Empire Loyalists...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies