Joe Neguse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Joe Neguse
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Neguse  (Read 296 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:56:38 PM »

I've always liked Neguse since he ran for Polis's seat in 2018. He's unapologetically progressive  but fairly unknown among DSA and even Warren types. But all the attention has gone to the Squad, so "normal" progressives like Neguese and Pocan are under the radar.

I was extremely impressed by his speech at the trial today. Does a better "Obama impression" than try-hards like Buttigieg, and I think he would have a better path to the nomination and GE than AOC. I've yet to hear a single criticism of him.

2024 isn't going to be his year, but I think he would have a very good path to the nomination in the future with an Obama-like coalition of progressives and black voters. I'd keep an eye on him.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 03:04:21 PM »

I think you might be on to something. I haven't watched much of the trial but have heard nothing but good things about Neguse. He's super young and could be a good candidate to replace Polis once he's term limited or Hickenlooper once he decides to retire (he just turned 69 so not sure how much longer he'd stick around) and could be an interesting VP option in '28 depending on the nominee.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 03:14:40 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2021, 03:28:22 PM by Horus »

I'm not sure black voters would be at the center of his primary coalition. The excitement of having a black president is now mostly gone and he's not exactly deeply connected to the ADOS community seeing as he's of second generation Eritrean descent represents and represents heavily white Boulder. Sure Obama's background was similar but he'd spent decades in Chicago. More likely he'd attract college/postgrad voters regardless of race, and do especially well in the west. Otherwise I completely agree.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »

He may run for Senate once Hick retires or Governor when Polis is term-limited, both of which would be 2026 (maybe 2032 for Hick, but he never wanted the job to begin with)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »

IDK.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies