|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2021, 06:07:33 AM

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: VirginiŠ)
  Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?  (Read 702 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:34:32 AM »
« edited: January 14, 2021, 03:58:28 AM by EastwoodS »

Me, on Twitter, advocating for the GOP to expand to racial minorities and such...
Weirdo: if the GOP does that theyíre aNti-wHite and gAy.
Me on Twitter: Iím gay do you have a problem?
Some far-right, prepubescent idiot: Yes. You're a sexual deviant and a genetic dead end. You have zero investment in the future. You dont represent me, my community, my nation.

This canít possibly be right, this still exist? People still think this way?
You Would think the GOP would be trying to attract as many people as possible instead of harboring such taboo constituents.
Far-right men like the ďgroyperĒ movement and Nick Fuentes, what has caused this hate, just ugly hate? and more so, why do they feel so compelled to be open about it? Regardless of how you may feel about Trump, he has not advocated for or harbors hardly any homophobic stances. Much more "gay friendly" than Bush, IMO. Will the GOP ever gain the courage to disavow whatever message/ person that has attracted these "voters?"
FranciscoM97
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:10 AM »

I don't really think they represent a big part of young men, I'm 23 and maybe it's my environment, but most people are liberal on social issues or they simply don't care of someone being gay or whatever, it's your life. This far-right incels of 4Chan are the typical weirdos but they're a loudy minority, I can guarantee you that almost anybody know who Nick Fuentes is lol
Senator Perdue 2015-2021
hyouzel
United States

P P

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »

Lately the GOP has doubled down on culture and social conservatism which isn't a very accepting platform for a gay person. People are always gonna be hateful and you have to just shrug it off, but I also have hope that as the GOP coalition becomes more diverse that the acceptance for different people voting for different things goes up. A gay Republican vote is worth the same as a straight Republican vote, so I don't see the electoral strategy but whatever. If you can look past the thinly veiled homophobia, the GOP might fit with your ideology, but I don't think I could associate with a party that explicitly doesn't believe I should have equal rights.

That being said, social conservatives are not the entire Republican Party, and moderates/neocons/fiscons are significantly underrepresented in todays caucus. For the sake of the country, diversification of both parties in both thought and identity is crucial.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.06, S: -4.96

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2021, 02:44:49 PM by ultraviolet »

To answer the title, white men are often demonized by parts of the left, this no doubt pushes some to the right. They see politicians, journalists, or even random people on twitter hating on white men, take it personally and thatís that. Plus, since just looking at the parties will reveal the GOP is the party of white (men), and the Democratic Party is not, itís only natural that they would flock to the GOP.

Even if these young men arenít anti LGBT, the main base of the GOP of older voters tend to be more so. I think as the base of older whites gets replaced with younger (more diverse?) people, the anti-gay sentiment will be dropped and it be reduced to a minor issue for the party, theyíll be indifferent really.
Great Society
progressive85
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »

White men, especially those in rural areas, that are under 30 are the most conservative voters under 30.  The rest of the under-30 electorate is not really that conservative.
Infertile Fertility Deity
discovolante
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -7.65

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »

Boredom, alienation, and too much time on the Internet are potent forces for radicalization, and for those who are less online there's often a local/familial tradition of those views that they're drawing from.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 05:34:36 PM »

The alienation of modern life prompts a great many people to search for radical answers. Unfortunately, the particular answers people find tend to be determined by the slice of the demographic pie they landed in. Young white men grow up in a conservative bubble, so when they go searching for answers they usually dive deeper into that morass.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »

I don't really think they represent a big part of young men, I'm 23 and maybe it's my environment, but most people are liberal on social issues or they simply don't care of someone being gay or whatever, it's your life. This far-right incels of 4Chan are the typical weirdos but they're a loudy minority, I can guarantee you that almost anybody know who Nick Fuentes is lol

I don't get this assertion that incels are exclusively far right/alt right. I've known plenty who were Bernie Bros...I'll concede the one thing incels tend not to be is centrist.
EastwoodS

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:16:47 PM »

I don't get this assertion that incels are exclusively far right/alt right. I've known plenty who were Bernie Bros...I'll concede the one thing incels tend not to be is centrist.
Oh my god, do you remember when these same people were having wet dreams about Andrew Yang?
FranciscoM97
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 11:26:25 PM »

I didn't imply that incels are only far-right, I was only describing the young far-right men, but I would say that most of them tend to be far-right than Bernie bros, I mean, Chapos community is not that big like 4Chan
Ferguson97
Concerned Citizen
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: -6.70

P P

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 09:06:13 PM »

Because they're realizing they won't have absolute power over everyone else like their fathers and grandfathers did, and they're lashing out.
Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas)
Interlocutor
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 05:01:21 AM »

Well, for one thing, you're basing that assertion off of a random Twitter conversation.

As stated many a time on Atlas, Twitter isn't real life.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies