Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:21:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26167 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »

Party fracture?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 08:40:40 PM »

Has anyone entered the recent video of her harassing a high school shooting survivor?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:44 PM »

What’s ridiculous is she’s on the EDUCATION committee.
I...why?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:21:40 PM »

Touché.
Anyways here is the link for the video.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJEv9AWp/
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »

Honestly no clue.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 11:09:37 PM »

Good point.
Her awfulness still remains though.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »

Fodder, fodder, fodder!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 06:38:54 PM »

MTG is easily AIC but ten times worse if Democrats are smart.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 10:51:15 PM »

Newt Grinich chimes in, his argument isn't exactly the best. it's kinda crazy Lucy Mcbath now represents his district.

Strip her of all her major committee assignments, cosigning her to sitting on more irrelevant committees. If she repeats remarks such as calling for Pelosi's execution or other crazy things she has said over the years, move to expel.

The GOP could expel her from the Caucus.  She could respond by collecting a paycheck for doing nothing for 2 years, but that might be a good thing.

For those of you that view MTG as an aberration, remember that her election is very much in the spirit of democracy.  There is a reason the Founders limited popular election of Federal officials solely to the House of Representatives; they believed that "the people" would elect all sorts of MTGs.  It's one of a number of reasons of why the Founders opted for a bi-cameral legislature.

It's also a reason why we are not a "democracy", but a REPUBLIC.  Our Republic has, to be sure, democratic features, but we are not a "democracy".  The "Guaranty Clause" guarantees that each state will have a "republican form of government", and not a "democratic form of government".  The older I get the more appreciative of this principle I become.
The words democracy and republic are not mutually exclusive. America was founded and remains a democratic republic

I've really come to hate the statement "we're a republic, not a democracy." This country functions as a republic and representative democracy, and direct Congressional elections are constitutionally enshrined as such. So what exactly is the point of that statement? To illustrate that having people vote on every single government action is bad? Yeah, I think it would be bad, but we don't do it anyway, so whatever. We the people sure do elect representatives to make and execute the law, though.

It seems like 90% of the time I see that statement on the internet, it's just some conservative trying to explain why their attempts to try and rig an election in their favor (or steal it after the fact) is somehow justifiable, because something something republic.

"Conservatives" rigging elections?  That's downright rich!

There is no reason that the conduct of the election in GA, PA, and MI not be investigated. There is no reason that the Court not honestly consider the Constitutionality of Election Officials in these states changing the rules of the way the elections were conducted without the affirmation of the state legislatures.  There is no reason not to explain why Georgia allowed for a lesser degree of accuracy in signature verification for mail-in votes.  There is no reason that testimony should be taken by the Congress as to the counting of votes in these states and no reason that those who have signed affidavits be able to tell their stories before Congress under oath to the American people.  To say nothing of the media suppressing stories about Hunter Biden, censoring social media, and cancelling people who shared that story.

Would this change the result?  Not at this point.  Would it instill confidence in the outcome of the 2020 election?  Maybe.  That would depend on whether or not the results of an honest investigation would lead people to believe that the final results in GA, MI, and PA would have been different.  Understand this:  The claims of election irregularities were not baseless just because CNN and NBC said so.  Trump's lawsuits were not "laughed out of Court"; many were not heard on technicalities. 

Democrats don't want such an investigation because it would open for inspection the conduct of elections in three of its most corrupt baliwicks (Wayne County, MI, Fulton County, GA, and Philadelphia County, PA).  And they've gotten their wish; it won't happen.  Please don't say they weren't called for, however.  And please don't say that they're not still needed. 
Strip her of all her major committee assignments, cosigning her to sitting on more irrelevant committees. If she repeats remarks such as calling for Pelosi's execution or other crazy things she has said over the years, move to expel.

The GOP could expel her from the Caucus.  She could respond by collecting a paycheck for doing nothing for 2 years, but that might be a good thing.

For those of you that view MTG as an aberration, remember that her election is very much in the spirit of democracy.  There is a reason the Founders limited popular election of Federal officials solely to the House of Representatives; they believed that "the people" would elect all sorts of MTGs.  It's one of a number of reasons of why the Founders opted for a bi-cameral legislature.

It's also a reason why we are not a "democracy", but a REPUBLIC.  Our Republic has, to be sure, democratic features, but we are not a "democracy".  The "Guaranty Clause" guarantees that each state will have a "republican form of government", and not a "democratic form of government".  The older I get the more appreciative of this principle I become.
The words democracy and republic are not mutually exclusive. America was founded and remains a democratic republic

I've really come to hate the statement "we're a republic, not a democracy." This country functions as a republic and representative democracy, and direct Congressional elections are constitutionally enshrined as such. So what exactly is the point of that statement? To illustrate that having people vote on every single government action is bad? Yeah, I think it would be bad, but we don't do it anyway, so whatever. We the people sure do elect representatives to make and execute the law, though.

It seems like 90% of the time I see that statement on the internet, it's just some conservative trying to explain why their attempts to try and rig an election in their favor (or steal it after the fact) is somehow justifiable, because something something republic.

"Conservatives" rigging elections?  That's downright rich!

There is no reason that the conduct of the election in GA, PA, and MI not be investigated. There is no reason that the Court not honestly consider the Constitutionality of Election Officials in these states changing the rules of the way the elections were conducted without the affirmation of the state legislatures.  There is no reason not to explain why Georgia allowed for a lesser degree of accuracy in signature verification for mail-in votes.  There is no reason that testimony should be taken by the Congress as to the counting of votes in these states and no reason that those who have signed affidavits be able to tell their stories before Congress under oath to the American people.  To say nothing of the media suppressing stories about Hunter Biden, censoring social media, and cancelling people who shared that story.

Would this change the result?  Not at this point.  Would it instill confidence in the outcome of the 2020 election?  Maybe.  That would depend on whether or not the results of an honest investigation would lead people to believe that the final results in GA, MI, and PA would have been different.  Understand this:  The claims of election irregularities were not baseless just because CNN and NBC said so.  Trump's lawsuits were not "laughed out of Court"; many were not heard on technicalities. 

Democrats don't want such an investigation because it would open for inspection the conduct of elections in three of its most corrupt baliwicks (Wayne County, MI, Fulton County, GA, and Philadelphia County, PA).  And they've gotten their wish; it won't happen.  Please don't say they weren't called for, however.  And please don't say that they're not still needed. 
Cope

I am coping.  Calling for investigation of these corrupt baliwicks is how I cope.

I have never said that Trump "won in a landslide".  I am not certain he "won".  But I'm not certain that a combination of voter fraud, counting votes that should have been, under the law, excluded, and corrupt counting practices may have made the difference in GA, PA, and MI.  There are allegations of ballots transported from NY to PA, of huge numbers of ballots having just the Presidential race selected, bins of ballots pulled out under tables, etc.  Why should this NOT be investigated?  We may or may not have had a just outcome of the last election, but we ought to have the truth as to how the votes were counted and the impact to which unauthorized practices by elections officials in violation of state statutes would have changed the final amount.

We may not know.  We may never really know.  But we ought to be able to know the REAL impact of these issues on the vote count.  And we ought to know the ways in which elections were conducted in violation of the Constitutions and Election Laws "due to COVID-19".
We may never know when you will stop shifting the goalposts.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »

Time for the 2022 ads to begin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies