Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:56:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26415 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 28, 2021, 04:50:31 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks her voice is extremely annoying? She sounds almost like a Southern version of Janice from Friends.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »

I think she's mentally ill. That has to be the only explanation.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »

She raised 1.6m in a week from all 50 states lol

Come 2022, I feel like the Democrat who runs against her will end up raising an insane amount. It'll be a Harrison/McGrath situation on steroids.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 07:25:21 PM »

I just think it's hilarious she's actually from Alpharetta. To be a fly on a wall on some of those PTA meetings or whatever. I wonder how many playdates her kids have been dis invited from.

"Mommy, why can't I go over to * insert kid's name* 's house?"
"Because his mommy thinks forest fires come from space laser beams"

The thought of her having kids is extremely scary on so many levels.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 12:55:44 PM »

So how many Republicans will vote yes on the resolution? Kinzinger definitely will, but who else?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 05:35:52 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537235-mccarthy-announces-no-actions-against-greene

Surprising no one. I don't understand how McCarthy became the House GOP leader. He comes across as very weak and it shows when he lets a freshman rep railroad him.

He's known to be a very friendly and personally charming guy who likes pleasing people and will go to any length to do so. Now that I think about it, almost like Michael Scott.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 06:01:18 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2021, 08:41:16 PM by Roll Roons »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537235-mccarthy-announces-no-actions-against-greene

Surprising no one. I don't understand how McCarthy became the House GOP leader. He comes across as very weak and it shows when he lets a freshman rep railroad him.

He's known to be a very friendly and personally charming guy who likes pleasing people and will go to any length to do so. Now that I think about it, almost like Michael Scott.

That seems like the opposite of who you'd want as a party leader.

I think luck also played a part. He was one of the few Republican freshmen to get elected in 2006 and had the backing of his highly influential predecessor, outgoing Ways and Means Chairman Bill Thomas. So he probably stood out to leadership from his first day in office.

From there, his backslapping personality probably won him a lot of friends within the caucus, and he recruited and campaigned for a lot of the 2010 freshmen. So he got elected Whip when Republicans took back the majority, and then became Majority Leader after Eric Cantor lost his primary.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 06:06:59 PM »

Tbh, the House GOP is probably un-leadable. It's filled to the brim with absolute lunatics.

This is so true. I remember watching an interview with John Boehner after he left Congress and he looked really relaxed and according to all reports it was his own party members that gave him fits.

He's now a weed enthusiast, so that probably has something to do with it.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 06:52:22 PM »

Is he the dumbest person to ever be elected to the Senate? I can't think of anyone in recent memory who comes close.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2021, 03:57:59 PM by Roll Roons »

Marjorie did give an apology on the House floor this morning, saying she does not believe in  qanon anymore, believes 9/11 happened, and that school shootings are real, and regrets those statements and seeks forgiveness from Jesus. However she also took time to attack Democrats on abortion.

McCarthy has also set out a strongly worded letter demanding the GOP caucus vote to keep her on committees.

There may not be any GOPers voting yes.

It would be a REALLY bad look for Kinzinger's "Restore the GOP" if he votes no.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »

Only 2 Republicans so far in support. I'm guessing one is Kinzinger.

Kinzinger and Fitz.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2021, 06:50:33 PM by Roll Roons »

So far, the confirmed Republican yes votes are:
Kinzinger
Fitzpatrick
Katko
Upton
Malliotakis

Not sure who the others are. People on Twitter are speculating that Malliotakis voted yes because of MTG's 9/11 conspiracies.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »

I am fully convinced that she genuinely has mental problems and needs psychiatric help. Sane people do not act like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies