Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:21:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26458 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: January 13, 2021, 08:00:20 PM »

MTG, Gosar and Gohmert are easily the worst house members in Congress.

Boebert is worse

I agree. She's had some stiff competition from other freshmen like Cawthorn and Taylor Greene, but Boebert has gone above and beyond so far.

I'd actually suggest putting this up for a vote just to see how hackish/partisan republicans really are. Could be a tough vote for some of the members

Watch some Biden district Republicans vote for it anyway.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »

Damn, sucks when attractive people can’t put it all together.

MTG. Is. Not. Attractive.

Agreed. And I'm the guy who infamously thinks that Kelly Loeffler is decent to look at.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:03:58 PM »

#PromisesMadePromisesKept!

Thankfully this "promise" will go nowhere.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »

MTG, Jordan, Brooks, Boebert, Gosar and Gohmert are easily the worst house members in Congress.
Mary Miller too.

Add Andy Harris to the list too! Also don't forget about Matt Gaetz. If we're lucky though he'll run for, and become, Florida's Agriculture Commissioner and will exclusively be their problem and no longer the entire nation's.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »

I think the scariest thing about the Lauren Boeberts and Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the country getting elected to the House is that they are probably going to become more frequent new additions in future Congresses over the years. They're basically becoming generic, mainstream Republicans with how the party is going. Their leadership could put a stop to it, but are just too chickens*** to ever do so since these psychopaths are also clearly representative of their base voters who are only getting more and more radicalized as the right wing media they consume and live within the bubbles of quintuple down on their conspiracy mongering and persecution complex enabling. And those base voters also become potential future recruits for elections. It's a morbid sort of vicious cycle. And thus the country will remain polarized as basic objective reality continues to be a political issue.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 07:53:30 PM »

Lmao she lives rent free in Dems heads. Congratulations for making her a star, I guess?

I don’t know what you guys are trying to accomplish tbh, but I won’t interrupt my rivals as they make a mistake.

What mistake? She's your Ilhan Omar but more deserving of scorn and more likely to become the face of the post-Trump GOP. That'll surely help with winning back the suburbs! She also now has lost much of her influence while in office so we don't have to feel quite as terrible about her making decisions for the country. This vote has also exposed...well, if anyone needed even more of a reminder, that is, how far-gone into irrationality and delusion that the vast majority of the GOP has descended into in being perfectly fine with associating with her in addition to Trump and Capitol rioters. They're all okay to the Republican Party-deserving of only a mild wag on the finger at least. It's a win-win-win in many ways.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »

Republicans removed Steve King from his committee assignments for saying similarly outrageous things as Greene did therefore with them failing to hold her to the same standard the Democratic Majority had no choice but to take it in their hands instead. I have no qualms about this. To me this is equivalent to a disturbed student being suspended from school for writing a hit-list. If any Democrat went as far as Greene had with an obvious pattern of behavior, Pelosi herself would have expelled them before it ever attracted media attention. That I am confident of.

And as I said in an earlier post, it also serves to really reinforce how far-gone the Republican Party is-how tolerant the majority of them are of conspiracy theories and bigotry. With four recent votes (the two Electoral College certification votes, the vote on Trump's second impeachment, and the vote to remove Greene from committee assignments) the party has clearly chosen their post-Trump Presidency past and are content to continue drilling into the bedrock and circling the drain. I can't believe that Kevin McCarthy is making me Paul Ryan right about now. They will never reach a bottom.

I do want to give slight praise (very slight) to John Katko, Adam Kinzinger, and Fred Upton for being the only three Republican representatives to vote the rational way in all four votes and as the only members fighting the losing battle of wanting their party to move on from Trump and the politics he corrupted their party and the entire nation with. You could have been part of this group too, Peter Meijer! You also wouldn't have even had the baggage of four years of a previous pro-Trump voting record like the aforementioned three still have and been at the absolute top of my favorite Republicans in the country list (a very short list, granted)! But no, you just had to express tolerance for an absolute psychopath being on two major committees-helping to create laws for the entire country. You're on my s***list now and nothing is more important than that...right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies