Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26386 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: January 27, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 10:24:29 PM »

Was this from before or after she joined Congress?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:30:29 AM »

No but really, why is she on the education committee? They didnt *have* to put her on any assignments right?

I assume because of the key GOP policy plank of triggering the libs.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:18:05 PM »

She raised 1.6m in a week from all 50 states lol

Well, yeah, there are a lot of genuinely bad people in this country. Similarly crankish and violent leftist candidates have raised a ton of money from small donors too, they just tend not to actually win races.

At the risk of being pedantic since you noted that such " similarly cranky and violent leftist candidates" usually don't actually get elected, can you identify even a single such failed candidate as a left-wing equivalent to MTG?

Who was that crazy Twitter guy who ran in WA-10, raised a ton of money, and got like 1,000 votes?

Also that LaRouchian who won a Democratic primary in Texas somehow a few years ago.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »

Lmao she lives rent free in Dems heads. Congratulations for making her a star, I guess?

I don’t know what you guys are trying to accomplish tbh, but I won’t interrupt my rivals as they make a mistake.

What mistake? She's your Ilhan Omar but more deserving of scorn and more likely to become the face of the post-Trump GOP. That'll surely help with winning back the suburbs! She also now has lost much of her influence while in office so we don't have to feel quite as terrible about her making decisions for the country. This vote has also exposed...well, if anyone needed even more of a reminder, that is, how far-gone into irrationality and delusion that the vast majority of the GOP has descended into in being perfectly fine with associating with her in addition to Trump and Capitol rioters. They're all okay to the Republican Party-deserving of only a mild wag on the finger at least. It's a win-win-win in many ways.

Except her district chose her to represent the district in both the primary and the general with most of the quoted statements being made before she took office. The GOP should have removed her seats but not congress.

I get what you’re saying, but she was removed from committees through a perfectly legitimate mechanism, and voters of her district should have been aware of the possibility of that when casting their votes.

And now MN 5th/NY 14th(or whatever number it is) voters will have to aware of the same for 2022.

The GOP will do that in 2023 when if they take back the house.
Then Democrats will say the two aren't the same and do a few more back. After that we just go down a rolling hill till no one in the house minority has any committee seats.

Did I miss something? Did the democrats who occupy those seats call for the assassination of a republican member? Did they incite violence by lying about the results of an election? Did they mock and harass the survivors of school shootings? Did they deny the Pentagon was hit by an airplane on 9/11? Did they accuse their political opponents of satanic worship, pedophilia and drinking the blood of babies?

Struggling to understand why you are trying to draw a comparison between Greene, who has said and done all of these things, with two representatives who, to my knowledge, have said or done none of these things, or anything comparable.

It is funny that "some people did something" got more of a reaction on the right than "there's no evidence a plane hit the Pentagon."
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »

So if CBS doesn’t have the “moral authority” to debunk the case (even though debunking of the voter fraud accusations has come from many sources not just cbs or even the news in general) what exactly gives Trump, Giuliani, or Fuzzy himself as a poster the “moral authority” to have the initial accusation of fraud be treated as remotely credible?

#BelieveAllBillionairePoliticians
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 12:58:06 AM »

Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States