Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:26:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26446 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 13, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »

wow, guessed correctly. MTG.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 08:55:53 PM »

Strip her of all her major committee assignments, cosigning her to sitting on more irrelevant committees. If she repeats remarks such as calling for Pelosi's execution or other crazy things she has said over the years, move to expel.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 09:34:09 PM »

Strip her of all her major committee assignments, cosigning her to sitting on more irrelevant committees. If she repeats remarks such as calling for Pelosi's execution or other crazy things she has said over the years, move to expel.

The GOP could expel her from the Caucus.  She could respond by collecting a paycheck for doing nothing for 2 years, but that might be a good thing.

For those of you that view MTG as an aberration, remember that her election is very much in the spirit of democracy.  There is a reason the Founders limited popular election of Federal officials solely to the House of Representatives; they believed that "the people" would elect all sorts of MTGs.  It's one of a number of reasons of why the Founders opted for a bi-cameral legislature.

It's also a reason why we are not a "democracy", but a REPUBLIC.  Our Republic has, to be sure, democratic features, but we are not a "democracy".  The "Guaranty Clause" guarantees that each state will have a "republican form of government", and not a "democratic form of government".  The older I get the more appreciative of this principle I become.
I broadly agree in the abstract, but I feel MTG is in a league of her own ("execute Pelosi for treason" and so on). They shouldn't be used as reason to expel her for now because they predate her tenure in office, but...I don't think that kind of rhetoric ought to be all fine and dandy from an elected member of Congress.
I guess I should clarify that an apology would be enough to head off such an expulsion, but would MTG be the type to be willing to do that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies