Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:43:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26485 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: January 21, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »

Florida is the best state.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 04:41:39 PM »

I suddenly find her attractive.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.

It's hard to find someone with a lower opinion of the GOP than myself, but I don't really see how her potential replacement could be worse. She is the single most deficient person ever to be elected to Congress.

I'd disagree. Are you forgetting people like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Benjamin Tillman, Theodore Bilbo, and John C. Calhoun? Taylor-Greene certainly is one of the most reprehensible individuals ever to be elected to Congress, but these odious characters were far more damaging and insidious than her.

Those were giants of the Senate. I don't think he's talking solely about moral deficiencies.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 05:01:36 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.

It's hard to find someone with a lower opinion of the GOP than myself, but I don't really see how her potential replacement could be worse. She is the single most deficient person ever to be elected to Congress.

I'd disagree. Are you forgetting people like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Benjamin Tillman, Theodore Bilbo, and John C. Calhoun? Taylor-Greene certainly is one of the most reprehensible individuals ever to be elected to Congress, but these odious characters were far more damaging and insidious than her.

Those were giants of the Senate. I don't think he's talking solely about moral deficiencies.

I wouldn't consider racists and segregationists to be "giants". That's a title I reserve for upright people.

Okay, even if you don't respect them as people, it's beyond dispute that people like John Calhoun were of much greater ability and consequence in American history than MTG could ever dream of being.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 11:14:24 AM »

So, let's see...in the past week she's called a fellow member of Congress Representative Mussolini, and stated that Guam isn't part of the United States.

Democrats called Trump Mussolini many times...

And Guam is not part of the United States. The problem with what she said was listing Guam with a bunch of foreign not-so-friendly countries.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 11:40:10 AM »

It's not a foreign country though and has representation in the US House. A foreign country wouldn't have that.
Russia had representation in the White House.

But anyway, the problem with what MTG said was implying that Guam was foreign, due to listing it with a bunch of foreign countries. (she never explicitly called it foreign) The problem with what NYE said is implying Guam is part of, and not a possession of, the United States.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 11:41:34 AM »

So, let's see...in the past week she's called a fellow member of Congress Representative Mussolini, and stated that Guam isn't part of the United States.

Democrats called Trump Mussolini many times...

And Guam is not part of the United States. The problem with what she said was listing Guam with a bunch of foreign not-so-friendly countries.

What?

It's an unincorporated territory, and thus is not formally a part of the United States, even if it is subject to American jurisdiction.

People born in Guam are U.S. citizens.

So are people born on American-flagged ships. They are both possessions of, not part of, the US.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 12:09:28 PM »

It's not a foreign country though and has representation in the US House. A foreign country wouldn't have that.

But anyway, the problem with what MTG said was implying that Guam was foreign, due to listing it with a bunch of foreign countries. (she never explicitly called it foreign) The problem with what NYE said is implying Guam is part of, and not a possession of, the United States.

It's part of the United States. End of debate.

Guam is not part of the United States.
Greenland is not part of Denmark.
Bermuda is not part of the UK.
Christmas Island is part of Australia.
French Guiana is part of France.
New Caledonia is not part of France.
Tokelau is not part of New Zealand.
Hong Kong is part of China, but administered more like a possession.

Empire is complicated.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 05:47:13 PM »

It's part of the United States. End of debate.

Guam is not part of the United States.
Greenland is not part of Denmark.
Bermuda is not part of the UK.
Christmas Island is part of Australia.
French Guiana is part of France.
New Caledonia is not part of France.
Tokelau is not part of New Zealand.
Hong Kong is part of China, but administered more like a possession.

Empire is complicated.

French Guiana is absolutely a part of France, just as much as Alaska is part of the US. It fully participates in French elections as if it were in Europe.

That is what my post said?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies