Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26424 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2021, 06:38:53 PM »

Totally don't doubt it, but do you have a link?

This is the kind of stuff that theoretically should be able to sink her in a Republican primary. You'd think blaming the Bush Administration - - regardless of how unpopular he currently is even among Republicans - - of propagating 911 rather than those damn Muslim terrorists would be super unpopular in North Georgia, even in the age of qanon.

https://www.mediamatters.org/congress/qanon-candidate-marjorie-taylor-greene-911-conspiracy-theorist-who-claimed-theres-no

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2021, 06:48:28 PM »

This is the kind of stuff that theoretically should be able to sink her in a Republican primary. You'd think blaming the Bush Administration - - regardless of how unpopular he currently is even among Republicans - - of propagating 911 rather than those damn Muslim terrorists would be super unpopular in North Georgia, even in the age of qanon.

https://www.mediamatters.org/congress/qanon-candidate-marjorie-taylor-greene-911-conspiracy-theorist-who-claimed-theres-no

I believe she's also claimed at various times that the Sandy Hook and Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shootings were false flag operations.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2021, 07:03:27 PM »

Hopefully committee Dems vote yes so Republicans are forced to take a stance on it on the house floor.

It's not going to get voted on in committee either. Republicans filed Articles of Impeachment against Obama too. None of them were voted on, even under Republican control of the House.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »

ITS BEEN ONE DAY LEAVE US ALONE YOU QANON QRAZY QITCH

Is it just me or has it become a sport to become the next deranged, QAnon, GOP, orange-ish NutJob?
This is pathetic. How do these people function in society.
I don't get it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2021, 08:03:58 PM »

#PromisesMadePromisesKept!

Thankfully this "promise" will go nowhere.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2021, 08:05:45 PM »

Just once in my lifetime I'd like to see a president who doesn't have members of the opposing party calling for his impeachment before his term even begins
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2021, 12:08:19 AM »

Just once in my lifetime I'd like to see a president who doesn't have members of the opposing party calling for his impeachment before his term even begins

Did that actually happen 4 years ago? Huh
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »

Greene's hometown newspaper blasts her for being long on theatrics but not doing anything for her district:

https://www.dailycitizen.news/opinion/editorials/editorial-so-far-u-s-rep-greene-has-been-long-on-theatrics-short-on-substance/article_b4d56f97-0eab-5cf5-a35d-965255452b1c.html
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2021, 09:47:46 AM »

Lol, she's the literal definition of an attention whore.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2021, 09:49:33 AM »

Wait is she admitting Joe Biden is president ?
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »

MTG, Jordan, Brooks, Boebert, Gosar and Gohmert are easily the worst house members in Congress.
Mary Miller too.
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2021, 07:57:29 PM »

I believe she's also claimed at various times that the Sandy Hook and Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shootings were false flag operations.

Yep. I knew she was a Sandy Hook truther but wasn't aware of the latter.

Congratulations GOP, you are sinking further and further into the abyss. Scary to think that they could win control back in 2 years. Let's just try to not let this happen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »

MTG, Jordan, Brooks, Boebert, Gosar and Gohmert are easily the worst house members in Congress.
Mary Miller too.

Add Andy Harris to the list too! Also don't forget about Matt Gaetz. If we're lucky though he'll run for, and become, Florida's Agriculture Commissioner and will exclusively be their problem and no longer the entire nation's.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2021, 11:19:24 PM »

Um, yes? Are you paying attention at all?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:51 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 07:36:16 AM by Virginiá »

Um, yes? Are you paying attention at all?

Because you seemed so sure about your answer I looked it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump....

There were efforts to try to get Trump to disclose his finances and other steps. But no real actual call for impeachment to speak of.

And yes, I've been paying extremely close attention 2 going ons for the last 40 years, so no need to be such a jerk about it in your answer.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2021, 01:39:29 PM »

How long 'til she loses her committee seats? I say the over/under is 6 months.

She's done nothing to lose them.

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Ayanna Pressley, although she's well to my left, isn't a QAnon adherent or an anti-masker like Greene is. And she hasn't engaged in showboating of the kind that Greene has.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2021, 02:17:31 PM »

Ayanna Pressley, although she's well to my left, isn't a QAnon adherent or an anti-masker like Greene is. And she hasn't engaged in showboating of the kind that Greene has.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Pressley condemned the violence last year, as did most Democrats-including Joe Biden-and like most Democrats, has called for legislation to address issues of police brutality and racial profiling. And she made it clear that she was supportive of peaceful protests against police brutality, and made reference to the late John Lewis, with the Freedom Rides as an antecedent to the protests we've seen in more recent times.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2021, 02:43:36 PM »

Okay, I'm not even gonna bother getting into the pure inaneness of what you just wrote here because Calthrina950 has already done so perfectly, not that you're actually gonna listen to or give a sh*t about what he said. No, what I'm just perturbed by is the fact that the first 2 Squad members who immediately came to mind for you when you thought of who to most intensely focus on persecuting just so happened to be the 2 who are Black women. Surely a coincidence...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:28 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:22:04 PM by Bland Normie »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Pressley condemned the violence last year, as did most Democrats-including Joe Biden-and like most Democrats, has called for legislation to address issues of police brutality and racial profiling. And she made it clear that she was supportive of peaceful protests against police brutality, and made reference to the late John Lewis, with the Freedom Rides as an antecedent to the protests we've seen in more recent times.

Guys, don't even bother responding to fuzzy bear with these undeniable facts. They have been pointed out to him literally dozens of times with links such as this, an. every single time he absolutely ignores them as if the words simply were never typed at all.

All responding to him does is convince him his posts are still somehow relevant as the "legitimate conservative argument opposite the Liberal's misguided point of view", and forces those of us who long ago put him on ignore to actually read his drivel nonetheless.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:22:28 PM by Bland Normie »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Guys, don't even bother responding to fuzzy bear with these undeniable facts. They have been pointed out to him literally dozens of times with links such as this, an. every single time he absolutely ignores them as if the words simply were never typed at all.

All responding to him does is convince him his posts are still somehow relevant as the legitimate conservative argument opposite the Liberal's point of view", and forces those of us who long ago put him on ignore to actually read his drivel nonetheless.

Smiley
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:23:10 PM by Bland Normie »

All responding to him does is convince him his posts are still somehow relevant as the legitimate conservative argument opposite the Liberal's point of view", and forces those of us who long ago put him on ignore to actually read his drivel nonetheless.

I made note of this the other day, and I've grown to understand more why many posters on here dislike him. But I wanted to make sure that I got my points across, and that I answered him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:23:53 PM by Bland Normie »

I made note of this the other day, and I've grown to understand more why many posters on here dislike him. But I wanted to make sure that I got my points across, and that I answered him.

Cal oh, you are as good and it's patient a man on this site. More so than I I readily admit. But again, this has been pointed out to fuzzy bear more times that I literally can count, with accompanying links. And every. Single. Time. Without. Fail. He chooses to completely ignore and reiterate his yammering unperturbed. He doesn't even ADDRESS the the facts and links presented to him, again without fail.

I have long come to the point it is best if everyone on this site would have merely put him on ignore, and let him go off in his little fantasy world about being a Trumpist Diogenes self-righteously searching for one wise man who can only see the obvious election fraud that only he is unblinded Enough by the liberal mainstream media to perceive.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2021, 03:28:53 PM »

Until Fuzzy is able to admit that Biden won the election, he isn't worth conversing with.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies