Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26168 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:51 PM »

A 2/3 vote is required, so no.  Although if it was a secret ballot it would have a decent chance.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2021, 01:12:25 PM »

72 cosponsors already.

E: Twitter says she was suspended in error.

Can we please just use direct links instead of #Resistance Twitter accounts?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #552 on: July 20, 2021, 04:18:06 AM »

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #553 on: July 20, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »

Ban her. She's indirectly killing people.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #554 on: July 20, 2021, 04:15:06 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2021, 04:41:56 PM »

While technically, she's right, she (nor anyone else) should be able to hide behind HIPPA to be able to infect people on purpose, which is what she's trying to do.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »

While technically, she's right, she (nor anyone else) should be able to hide behind HIPPA to be able to infect people on purpose, which is what she's trying to do.

Nope.  You and MTG are both misunderstanding what HIPAA (not HIPPA) constrains.  It prevents health care providers and ancillary entities such as bill processors or IT companies from releasing your health information without consent.  It in no way precludes a person from revealing their own information, or the media or another person from asking about it.  Of course the person may refuse to answer, but if so they need to own up to the fact that they don't want to reveal it, not try to incorrectly hide behind HIPAA.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #557 on: July 20, 2021, 05:42:09 PM »

In other news, I would bet that she has been vaccinated. She is ... OK Torie just stop.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #558 on: July 20, 2021, 05:46:16 PM »

Nope.  You and MTG are both misunderstanding what HIPAA (not HIPPA) constrains.  It prevents health care providers and ancillary entities such as bill processors or IT companies from releasing your health information without consent.  It in no way precludes a person from revealing their own information, or the media or another person from asking about it.  Of course the person may refuse to answer, but if so they need to own up to the fact that they don't want to reveal it, not try to incorrectly hide behind HIPAA.

Why in the world do you think MTG  does not actually understand that?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #559 on: July 20, 2021, 06:01:40 PM »

Why in the world do you think MTG  does not actually understand that?

I think it's more likely than not that she does understand it, although I'm not 100% certain; she seems quite obtuse at times.  But I'll stand by the sentence as written; it's just that MTF may be willfully misunderstanding it, or pretending to misunderstand it.  (This is not meant to suggest that NYE was doing the same thing; I'm certain his was an honest misunderstanding of the law, which is quite common.)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #560 on: July 22, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »

Greene's joint fundraising tour with Matt Gaetz is a flop:

At the height of the controversy surrounding Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and the revelations that he’s under investigation for sex trafficking, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) bet big on a nationwide joint fundraising tour with her embattled colleague. But new campaign filings show that not only did the gamble not pay off, but that the much-maligned Republicans actually spent four times as much as they raised.
Since Gaetz and Greene kicked off their joint fundraising committee with a May 7 event at The Villages in central Florida, their campaigns and joint fundraising committee have posted a combined loss of $342,000. And according to recent filings with the Federal Election Commission, that joint fundraising effort, “Put America First,” reported only $59,345.54 in contributions.

That sort of meager haul would be fine for a dinner or one-time event, but Gaetz and Greene have repeatedly held high-profile events and spent a whopping $287,036.19 to hold them—meaning they’re in the hole by more than $225,000.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-matt-gaetz-marjorie-taylor-greene-fundraising-tour-is-actually-a-cash-fire
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #561 on: July 24, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »

Marjorie Taylor-Greene goes on Steve Bannon's show, says she would deport every Chinese person who is loyal to the Chinese Communist Party.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said that if she was in charge she would deport every Chinese person that was loyal to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

The Georgia politician made the comments while speaking to Steve Bannon on his "War Room: Pandemic" show, hosted by the fringe right-wing network Real America's Voice.

"If I was in charge and I had my way, I would come down on China so hard," Greene said. "I would kick out every single Chinese in this country that is loyal to the CCP. They would be gone. I do not care who they are."

"I don't care how much money you have, how much land you own, how many businesses you own, how much money you've donated to colleges and universities," Greene said.

When Bannon asked whether this would apply to people like Chinese business magnate Jack Ma, Greene responded, "If they are loyal to the CCP, they go back."

It's unclear how she would determine who was "loyal" to the Chinese Communist Party.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #562 on: July 24, 2021, 09:51:00 PM »

She's clearly an idiot but while she grabs all the headlines Mitch McConnell, Rick Scott, and Justice Roberts continue to advance the GOP's real agenda.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #563 on: September 25, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »

Somebody informed Karen Trailer Greene that somebody was holding a press conference outside the Capitol.  That means… cameras!!!  I’m sure she couldn’t get there fast enough.

In surely related news, her chief of staff announced his resignation hours later.  (Why does a do-nothing grifter with no committee assignments need a chief of staff to begin with?)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2021, 01:48:01 PM »

Somebody informed Karen Trailer Greene that somebody was holding a press conference outside the Capitol.  That means… cameras!!!  I’m sure she couldn’t get there fast enough.

In surely related news, her chief of staff announced his resignation hours later.  (Why does a do-nothing grifter with no committee assignments need a chief of staff to begin with?)

progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »

What she says is awful to so many but to her zany supporters it's heaven to their ears... she's clearly a base politician and she's not going anywhere except where she is... she'll be in that House seat until 2047.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #566 on: September 25, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »

I am fully convinced that she genuinely has mental problems and needs psychiatric help. Sane people do not act like this.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #567 on: September 26, 2021, 12:09:15 AM »

What she says is awful to so many but to her zany supporters it's heaven to their ears... she's clearly a base politician and she's not going anywhere except where she is... she'll be in that House seat until 2047.

What happens in 2047?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #568 on: September 26, 2021, 12:10:06 AM »

I am fully convinced that she genuinely has mental problems and needs psychiatric help. Sane people do not act like this.

She seems fairly run of the mill Republican to me.  Just with a little more "personality."
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #569 on: September 26, 2021, 03:58:52 AM »

What happens in 2047?

oh i just chose that as random year she might retire, lol.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #570 on: September 26, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »

I have to throw in the towel here. I mean, I get that's she's stupid and ignorant. And I know that I keep making the mistake of giving Republicans too much credit. But I just can't bring myself to believe that she's this stupid. The stupidity just has to be performative.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #571 on: September 26, 2021, 05:05:31 PM »

Untreated schizophrenia masquerading as staunch conservatism. That's the Trump era GOP in a nutshell.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #572 on: September 26, 2021, 06:07:06 PM »

Untreated schizophrenia masquerading as staunch conservatism. That's the Trump era GOP in a nutshell.

There are undoubtedly some distinctions among the crazy cohort.  This is how I currently size them up:

Excessively stupid - Gohmert
True MAGA fanatic - Boebert
Cynical, pretend MAGA believer - Cawthorn, Gaetz
Genuinely insane - Greene, Gosar
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #573 on: September 26, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »

There are undoubtedly some distinctions among the crazy cohort.  This is how I currently size them up:

Gohmert was certainly the MTG of 2005 when he took office, but he's nowhere near weird enough to be grouped in with those other chaos muppets.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2021, 06:24:58 PM »

I submit Cawthorn and Gaetz equally belong in both the MAGA fanatic category.  Being a bonafide grifter This is hardly contrary towards being a maga fanatic
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies