Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:37:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26276 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 16, 2021, 11:34:34 AM »

So, let's see...in the past week she's called a fellow member of Congress Representative Mussolini, and stated that Guam isn't part of the United States.

Democrats called Trump Mussolini many times...

And Guam is not part of the United States. The problem with what she said was listing Guam with a bunch of foreign not-so-friendly countries.

What?

It's an unincorporated territory, and thus is not formally a part of the United States, even if it is subject to American jurisdiction.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #526 on: March 16, 2021, 11:37:38 AM »

It's not a foreign country though and has representation in the US House. A foreign country wouldn't have that.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #527 on: March 16, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »

So, let's see...in the past week she's called a fellow member of Congress Representative Mussolini, and stated that Guam isn't part of the United States.

And Guam is not part of the United States. The problem with what she said was listing Guam with a bunch of foreign not-so-friendly countries.

What?

It's an unincorporated territory, and thus is not formally a part of the United States, even if it is subject to American jurisdiction.

People born in Guam are U.S. citizens.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #528 on: March 16, 2021, 11:40:10 AM »

It's not a foreign country though and has representation in the US House. A foreign country wouldn't have that.
Russia had representation in the White House.

But anyway, the problem with what MTG said was implying that Guam was foreign, due to listing it with a bunch of foreign countries. (she never explicitly called it foreign) The problem with what NYE said is implying Guam is part of, and not a possession of, the United States.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: March 16, 2021, 11:41:34 AM »

What?

People born in Guam are U.S. citizens.

So are people born on American-flagged ships. They are both possessions of, not part of, the US.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2021, 11:56:17 AM »

But anyway, the problem with what MTG said was implying that Guam was foreign, due to listing it with a bunch of foreign countries. (she never explicitly called it foreign) The problem with what NYE said is implying Guam is part of, and not a possession of, the United States.

It's part of the United States. End of debate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: March 16, 2021, 12:09:28 PM »

Guam is not part of the United States.
Greenland is not part of Denmark.
Bermuda is not part of the UK.
Christmas Island is part of Australia.
French Guiana is part of France.
New Caledonia is not part of France.
Tokelau is not part of New Zealand.
Hong Kong is part of China, but administered more like a possession.

Empire is complicated.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #532 on: March 16, 2021, 01:28:01 PM »

That’s a rejected Veep episode
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: March 16, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »

Empire is complicated.

Yack, yack, yack, yack. End of debate means end of debate which means there is no need to keep replying. You wasted your time scouring Wikipedia, because I simply do not agree with you.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #534 on: March 16, 2021, 01:59:45 PM »

Yack, yack, yack, yack. End of debate means end of debate which means there is no need to keep replying. You wasted your time scouring Wikipedia, because I simply do not agree with you.

The doesn't mean you're right, it means you lack the desire to further defend your position. You don't have to make any posts you don't want to, but others are perfectly free to defend their positions.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: March 16, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »

What a bizarre spectacle

Agree.
Everything about who MTG is, and what she does, is a "bizarre spectacle" (to put it nicely).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #536 on: March 16, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »

Wow.  Deeply unsettling to have troops used as political props in such a way.  Sounds more like a banana republic than a 1st world democracy.

I wonder, if MTG decides to bring the Georgia National Guard over to Ilhan Omar's office in response to some perceived slight and surround it, what would the reaction be?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: March 16, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »

The doesn't mean you're right, it means you lack the desire to further defend your position. You don't have to make any posts you don't want to, but others are perfectly free to defend their positions.

The bottom line is that the blonde headed witch was wrong when she called Guam a foreign country.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: March 16, 2021, 05:47:13 PM »

Empire is complicated.

French Guiana is absolutely a part of France, just as much as Alaska is part of the US. It fully participates in French elections as if it were in Europe.

That is what my post said?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #539 on: March 16, 2021, 05:57:54 PM »

Empire is complicated.

French Guiana is absolutely a part of France, just as much as Alaska is part of the US. It fully participates in French elections as if it were in Europe.

That is what my post said?

Oh, didn't realize that. I read them all as Not

There is some true to your post (I don't agree with it precisely), but it underscores the need to admit the territories as states or grant them independent free association status as we've done with other Pacific islands. We should not have any second-class Americans.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #540 on: March 16, 2021, 06:22:12 PM »

I feel bad. You are easily one of the most abrasive and rude posters on this site, yet you so rarely get the recognition you deserve.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: March 16, 2021, 07:07:48 PM »

I feel bad. You are easily one of the most abrasive and rude posters on this site, yet you so rarely get the recognition you deserve.

I don't dispute that. I call people out for exactly what they are with no filter. You aren't insulting me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #542 on: March 16, 2021, 08:36:20 PM »

the unstated context of this whole episode: National Guard members from Guam, and the rest of the US, are stationed in DC, seemingly indefinitely and with nothing to do.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #543 on: March 16, 2021, 10:12:27 PM »

MTG is so hilarious. We need more people like her.
Terrible poster makes terrible post. News 11.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #544 on: March 16, 2021, 10:17:51 PM »

Except in this case Santander was dead wrong.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: March 16, 2021, 11:01:21 PM »

the unstated context of this whole episode: National Guard members from Guam, and the rest of the US, are stationed in DC, seemingly indefinitely and with nothing to do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

The GQP has already shown its hand. I am willing to trust the Biden administration's response.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #546 on: March 16, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »

Except in this case Santander was dead wrong.

I don't really agree with that but it's irrelevant.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2021, 10:44:24 AM »

So Newman intentionally tries to trigger MTG by placing a flag outside her office and then cries when MTG responds?

Is the existence of trans people “triggering” to you?
No but I think that Newman believes Republicans are triggered by "the existence of trans people." There objections to the equality act is a lot more nuanced than that.

Republicans are triggered by the existence of trans people, and clearly you are too.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #548 on: March 19, 2021, 11:25:06 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2021, 12:59:56 PM by VAR »

72 cosponsors already.

E: Twitter says she was suspended in error.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #549 on: March 19, 2021, 12:11:03 PM »

Any chance it passes? I doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24  
« previous next »
Jump to: