31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event  (Read 1768 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2022, 08:05:34 PM »

It's ok, a cis straight man told me he wasn't worried about anything bad happening at Pride this year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that only about 2 or 3 weeks ago one of our gay posters stated that he was personally worried and even frightened at the concept of going out to a pride parade for fear of being confronted B thuggish Violet bastards like this looking to do him harm. Also good to see that I am not the only one who remembered the several Usual Suspects being complete bastards per their modus operandi mocking that poster for being such a hysterical and unrealistic

Of course not one of them has anything approaching the scintilla of personal character necessary to acknowledge that they were wrong and s*** like this is real, let alone do so publicly.

I have no idea what those other people said but a full grown gay man saying he is afraid to go to a pride parade because he thinks he is going to get beaten up is like someone saying they are afraid of flying.  Do plane crashes happen?  Sure.  Should that stop someone from going on vacation, visiting family, or traveling for work?  No.

Your example kind of proves my point.  I wouldn't drive across Idaho with my eclectic circle of friends.  It's IDAHO.  You can go to a pride event in any major city and feel as safe as any other American... which admittedly isn't that safe, but you get the idea.

Tell your friend to grow a pair and get out there and enjoy Pride month.  With a little bit of common sense he'll be fine.

How to blame the victim with as many words possible.

What "victim?"  What happened?

A fair amount of gays live in Idaho, and with the cost of pretty much everything going up don't have the financial means to travel to a safer place (especially since Idaho's pretty far from just about anywhere that would be safe in this context) they don't have elsewhere to have a public gathering like this.  So you're essentially treating this like a 'you should've known the risk when you took it' situation for anybody who goes while mocking people who are too concerned for their safety.

Which on that note, comparing the fear of flying to fear of violent attack against a group who is being increasingly demonized is utter lunacy. One is an unforeseen malfunction, the other involves actual malicious targeting--unless you think there's some vast conspiracy for airlines to sabotage their planes that specific people fly on.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2022, 08:08:04 PM »

It's ok, a cis straight man told me he wasn't worried about anything bad happening at Pride this year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that only about 2 or 3 weeks ago one of our gay posters stated that he was personally worried and even frightened at the concept of going out to a pride parade for fear of being confronted B thuggish Violet bastards like this looking to do him harm. Also good to see that I am not the only one who remembered the several Usual Suspects being complete bastards per their modus operandi mocking that poster for being such a hysterical and unrealistic

Of course not one of them has anything approaching the scintilla of personal character necessary to acknowledge that they were wrong and s*** like this is real, let alone do so publicly.

I have no idea what those other people said but a full grown gay man saying he is afraid to go to a pride parade because he thinks he is going to get beaten up is like someone saying they are afraid of flying.  Do plane crashes happen?  Sure.  Should that stop someone from going on vacation, visiting family, or traveling for work?  No.

Your example kind of proves my point.  I wouldn't drive across Idaho with my eclectic circle of friends.  It's IDAHO.  You can go to a pride event in any major city and feel as safe as any other American... which admittedly isn't that safe, but you get the idea.

Tell your friend to grow a pair and get out there and enjoy Pride month.  With a little bit of common sense he'll be fine.

How to blame the victim with as many words possible.

He's not victim-blaming. The post was clumsy, but the point is there are many people who attend Pride events (including even some straight people) and only a very small number of people experience violence.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2022, 09:18:08 PM »

No worse than what many antifa scum have done

Are you defending white supremacists because you're also a white supremacist?

Still waiting for an answer.

What does it mean to be a White supremacist?
To believe in the superiority of the white race.

No I don't believe White people are superior to other races, but is that really how you define White supremacy?

Is it White supremacy to defend or maintain a system that perpetuates White privilege?  even if such a system is meritocratic and non-discriminatory on its face?

You immediately jumped to the defense of a group of white supremacists who threatened to commit a terrorist attack. It just seems like you view white supremacists as "your side".
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2022, 09:32:47 PM »

I have no idea what those other people said but a full grown gay man saying he is afraid to go to a pride parade because he thinks he is going to get beaten up is like someone saying they are afraid of flying.  Do plane crashes happen?  Sure.  Should that stop someone from going on vacation, visiting family, or traveling for work?  No.

Your example kind of proves my point.  I wouldn't drive across Idaho with my eclectic circle of friends.  It's IDAHO.  You can go to a pride event in any major city and feel as safe as any other American... which admittedly isn't that safe, but you get the idea.

Tell your friend to grow a pair and get out there and enjoy Pride month.  With a little bit of common sense he'll be fine.

What exactly are you basing this on? I don't think that's a reasonable comparison.

I'm basing this on many Americans having an irrational fear of flying.  Then I'm comparing that to the number of actual deaths from crashes involving the US major airlines.

Sure I avoid the smaller regional carriers just like I avoid Idaho.  But beyond that live your life.  Are people regularly beaten up at the San Francisco pride parade?

The odds or dying in a plane crash are (relatively) stable. Dying from bigoted mob violence depends on the political "temperature" and circumstances of the culture at the time you're trying to calculate the odds.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies