Opinion of Del Tachi? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:20:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Del Tachi? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ??
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Opinion of Del Tachi?  (Read 5036 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 12, 2021, 01:25:00 PM »

Basically that Democrats are to blame for Republicans wanting to do this and that if the mob no longer trusts American democracy, our country deserves to be torn down and rebuilt from the ashes. Basically the worst possible fusion of resentment politics and social contract theory.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »

Basically that Democrats are to blame for Republicans wanting to do this and that if the mob no longer trusts American democracy, our country deserves to be torn down and rebuilt from the ashes. Basically the worst possible fusion of resentment politics and social contract theory.

This was the most egregious part of what he said:
Plus no building is no important than the Capitol. That's just sacred. You don't touch that.

It's great when the neolibs' masks slip just enough that you can plainly see that their true fidelity is to mere physical presentations of state power (i.e., literal buildings) and other objects, lol.  Power resides in people, not buildings.  If the U.S. Capitol ever becomes a symbol of a system of civil government that does not serve the best interests of the people, then it will deserve to be burned to the ground.

Like I said, if Joe Biden had any balls (like I wish he did), he would be declaring provisional government and martial law tonight.  Would he, if successful, destory the system of government that keeps Republicans artifically in power?  Probably yes, but that's the price that has to be paid to reconstitute our belief in a government that works for "the majority" (defined however the mob wishes.)  This isn't a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a matter of renewing our right to self-determination and refreshing the civil state (which really hasn't been seriously updated since the New Deal/WWII.)     

Scott, once again, captures my thoughts on today's happenings almost perfectly:

Quote from: Senator Scott link=topic=422360.msg7874637
The system is broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground-up. I don't care who sparks it, but this is actually a moment for the disenfranchised and the cynics on both the left and right to retake the country for ourselves.

That the mob, as some sort of reward for their actions, should be allowed to dictate exactly how a new American system of government will work. Saying that a few thousand violent extremists should be allowed to impose their agenda unilaterally on the rest of the country? That’s not clever, sophisticated or intellectual. It’s just straight up moronic.

Not only that, but he's also basically arguing for absolute majoritarian rule with no protections for the political minority. No procedure, no constitution, just mob rule. That's how liberalism dies. Plus his (and Scott's) take that the system is fundamentally broken and that we should welcome violence as an opportunity for revolution is just dumb.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 02:48:10 PM »

Not only that, but he's also basically arguing for absolute majoritarian rule with no protections for the political minority. No procedure, no constitution, just mob rule. That's how liberalism dies. Plus his (and Scott's) take that the system is fundamentally broken and that we should welcome violence as an opportunity for revolution is just dumb.

Liberalism Dies In Darkness

(if I recall correctly you are a fan of the Washington Post right?)

It is my go-to news source, yes.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »

The reaction against him is a striking illustration of how much the Overton window has narrowed on this forum compared to where it used to be.
I dissent!

DC, TJ, RI, John Dule, RINO Tom, Deadman, and a number of serious rightists on this forum are just as prominent as ever. To pretend that there’s been some drastic shift there is nonsense.

Speaking as one of those serious rightists, I agree with Shua. The forum has become significantly less hospitable to rightists over the past few years. Based on my conversations with other forum rightists, I suspect most of the other serious rightists you cited agree with me.

It goes both ways though. Saruku was relentlessly attacked and driven off the forum.

Genocide denial usually leads to that, yes.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »

The reaction against him is a striking illustration of how much the Overton window has narrowed on this forum compared to where it used to be.

It's kind of sad. With each passing year, the share of interesting posters declines on favour of indistinguishable D-Big State avatars all posting the same generic centre left takes.

Honestly, I don't disagree. We need you all to keep things interesting. But blue avatars seem disproportionately inclined towards violating the TOS.

And idk who wants Del Taichi banned bc that would obviously be a bad take.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies