Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:09:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020?  (Read 2594 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: January 15, 2021, 11:22:49 PM »

If someone said that Steve Bullock and Sara Gideon ran some of the worst campaigns on November 2nd, 2020, I think they would be laughed at and mocked. There are legitimate arguments to be had, but you can run a good campaign that doesn't end up with a favorable result. Those campaigns got nothing but praise from the mainstream media and people on here until they didn't get the result they wanted.

You had plenty on this forum who said Bullock never ran a very good campaign, especially towards the end. In hindsight, this forum did a pretty terrible job at analyzing ME-Sen but that was a tricky one because there were so many conflicting fundementals at play, and I was never able to make up my mind on where that race stood. Atlas tends to have a leftwards lean, which means generally people are more likely to accept what they want to hear and reject what they don't want to believe. I think part of the issue was in these races, it became an issue of local politics vs national politics, and I think that's something this forum forgets; even seemingly good national media isn't always a good thing, especially when you're working in states that have unfavorable partisan leans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies