Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020?  (Read 2597 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

« on: January 10, 2021, 10:44:11 PM »

With respect to Bullock, another factor IMO was that as far back as 2018 or so, the mainstream media already decided that he was the best possible candidate to challenge Daines. This meant that he was effectively “coronated” by the media, thereby giving him an inherent (if unfair) advantage compared to other potential Democratic challengers. Thus, had Daines’ challenger been someone other than Bullock, I think this race would almost certainly have been pushed to the back burner by the mainstream media and/or the establishment. While I certainly didn’t mind Bullock running against Daines (and I had in fact been rooting for this ever since I saw Rick Scott knock off Bill Nelson), I do think that had he not been coronated by the media before hand, he could have emerged as a more battle-tested candidate following a competitive primary, which would have boosted his chances of potentially winning (at worst, it would have reduced his losing margin).
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 02:14:49 AM »

Apparently Perdue (or his campaign team) forgot that even though Bob Menendez wasn’t prosecuted in 2018 for alleged ethics violations, exit polls from that year indicated that the majority of the electorate still thought that Menendez didn’t have high ethical standards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies