Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:13:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Ran The Worst Senate Campaign in 2020?  (Read 2660 times)
PAK Man

« on: January 11, 2021, 01:03:31 AM »

I agree with everyone saying Steve Bullock for the Dems. I argued in another thread that Democrats should have just stuck with Wilmot Collins. Bullock's presidential bid was a mistake, but a bigger mistake was how he treated the senate race. He kept going on and on and on about how he would never run for senate, he didn't want to run for senate...and then he changes his mind at the very last second (reportedly because Bernie didn't get the Democratic nod). Then, as another comment said, he had to backpedal and act like he really wanted to run for senate. In my opinion, if I was his PR person, I would have urged him to just not to say anything about the senate race, and when asked about it, just say, "I'm focused on my presidential race right now." That way, he's not negating the senate race while also making it clear that's not his focus. Cal Cunningham gets this treatment too. How on earth could he be so stupid as to get involved in a sexting scandal in an age when that information does not stay secret for long? One of the worst instances of a unforced political error I've ever seen.

McSally and Loeffler both get my vote for worst GOP race. I have long said on this forum - and in real life - that McSally is one of the most overrated politicians ever. I'm puzzled as to why so many people claimed she was so popular - she literally won her first House race by just a few hundred votes during a GOP wave. That doesn't inspire confidence to me. And then immediately after she loses one senate race, she gets appointed to run for another one? I've heard many speculate that they think Ducey wants to run himself so he appointed McSally on purpose because he knew she'd lose. Honestly, that would not surprise me at all. And the more I look at Loeffler, the more I wonder if she even wanted the senate appointment to begin with. She clearly had no idea what she was doing and she was working against the fact that Trump didn't want her in the senate. Both of them also clearly had no read on the political nature of their states and the direction they're going in, or if they did, they just didn't care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies