Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:36:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 103443 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: January 25, 2021, 05:53:49 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2021, 06:01:27 PM by SENATOR Radical Liberal Raphael Warnock »

Tuberville is a no too lol, which makes 6 (forget the last one but I'm guessing it's Mike Lee).

Edit: Risch, Shelby, and Blackburn have voted no as well. What is Risch's problem? He never struck me as particularly nuts.

Edit 2: Turns out it wasn't Lee, so idk who the last no vote was.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »

Baring any major revelations, Biden will be the first President since Reagan to go undefeated in his first round of cabinet appointments.

You definitely just jinxed it.

The Klob performs a blood sacrifice to give Pete a lethal stroke at age 39
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 05:06:13 PM »

The whole women's sports thing is thornier than people often make it out to be, especially because, if you insist on sex-based categories for sports, what of trans men who have been taking hormones? Would they not have an unfair advantage over cis women?

I don't have the answer, but my hot take is that men and women as sports categories is fast becoming antiquated and that we should find some sort of objective measure of athletic capacity and divide the categories based on such a measurement. But yeah, Cardona will be confirmed easily is my prediction, probably won't even need Kamala's vote.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »

The whole women's sports thing is thornier than people often make it out to be, especially because, if you insist on sex-based categories for sports, what of trans men who have been taking hormones? Would they not have an unfair advantage over cis women?

I don't have the answer, but my hot take is that men and women as sports categories is fast becoming antiquated and that we should find some sort of objective measure of athletic capacity and divide the categories based on such a measurement. But yeah, Cardona will be confirmed easily is my prediction, probably won't even need Kamala's vote.
I strongly disagree with that statement. Men and women's sports MUST be kept separate.

May I ask why you feel that way so strongly?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:10 PM »

For the record, I don't think women's sports are sexist or anything; in fact, just the opposite. It's true that without them women would not be able to compete and win, and I am glad that women's sports exist for that reason. However, my point about trans men who have been taking hormones still stands. If we say that everyone must compete exclusively with members of their own biological sex, then you have two options: ban trans men from competing altogether or watch them dominate "women's" sports due to their much higher testosterone. Surely this is just as bad as trans women dominating, no?

My suggestion was not about robbing women of women's sports; instead, it was shifting the focus to what really matters, which is athletic capability. In other words, the problem with trans women participating in women's sports is that they (in many cases, at least) have an inherently higher athletic capability than cis women, correct? I'm suggesting that we find some way to measure that athletic capability and cut out the middleman. That way, you're not excluding trans women from women's sports, you're just excluding someone whose athletic capability is too high for the category. I realize it's infinitely less intuitive than just dividing sports into men and women — and might not even be possible — but I do think that, as a thought experiment at least, it would include trans athletes, let cis women still win competitions, and provide for engaging contests.

This is all besides the point of the threat, though, so I'll leave it at that.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »

Tanden backstabbing the poster class hard rn, very sad to see.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 06:06:41 PM »

Tom, typically the dogwhistles are intended to go over the heads of the liberals.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 08:14:26 PM »

Nut. Looks like we're in the clear (knock on wood, barring Sinema shenanigans)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »

MEAN TWEETS  AREN'T  DISQUALIFYING  EXCEPT  WHEN  THEY'RE  TARGETING  ME

Do you guys hear that weird hissing sound
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length