What if the insurrection happened in late October
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:23:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What if the insurrection happened in late October
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What if the insurrection happened in late October  (Read 3466 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:34:12 AM »

Suppose Trump held a rally in DC in late October and his supporters stormed congress like what happened in Jan 6th

I think it flips NC, FL, and TX. Also I think it flips senate races in NC and ME. Ossoff wins outright in November

I wouldn't be surpised if IW and OH flip along with senate races in IW and MT
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:40:54 AM »

I don’t see why they would do that, but it would look even more like a terrorist attack that way. We might’ve gotten the 413 map (or 416) and Cunningham, Gideon, and Greenfield pull through. MT and SC also possible, AK and KS unlikely but possible. Iowa=IA, btw

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:26 PM »

I don't think it would change much, honestly. Maybe Biden wins North Carolina. Deplorables are gonna be deplorable.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 04:24:44 PM »

They have no reason to do so at the time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:47:28 PM »

There wasn't any insurrection in Oct it was a political stunt, due to fact that the security didn't stop WC voters and would of stopped people of color protesters and the protesters didn't burn any paintings or damage anything but windows
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 04:53:41 PM »

Considering Republicans are already saying "actually Biden is divisive and the attack was antifa", it would not change anything.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:04 PM »

Ted Cruz and Hawley orchestrated this political stunt, the fact that Mcconnell isn't calling for their ouster, they knew the protesters they were bible Conservatives, and they high fives the protesters.

They wanted to sit in the Congressional seats. Any other protesters would have carried torches and burning tools. That's why it was a political stunt
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 05:24:56 PM »

Suppose Trump held a rally in DC in late October and his supporters stormed congress like what happened in Jan 6th

I think it flips NC, FL, and TX. Also I think it flips senate races in NC and ME. Ossoff wins outright in November

curious why you abbreviate Iowa as "IW".

In my very humble opinion that disrespects the Wikipedia gods https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_and_territory_abbreviations
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 10:25:50 PM »

curious why you abbreviate Iowa as "IW".

In my very humble opinion that disrespects the Wikipedia gods https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_and_territory_abbreviations

Wiki "gods" are really losers who think editing Wiki is a good use of their time
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 10:47:41 PM »

Considering Republicans are already saying "actually Biden is divisive and the attack was antifa", it would not change anything.
imagine saying Biden is divisive if anything I want him to be more divisive
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 10:53:05 PM »

IW?
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 09:32:31 AM »

IW?
Iowa's bad abbreviation.
neostassenite31
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 11:28:59 AM »

Somewhere between 15-25% of Republicans disapprove of Trump's handling of the riots and might otherwise consider voting for a Democrat in a state race (hence why Ds were able to win in KY and LA).

A successful peal-off in a presidential election would give Democrats 40+ states
Motorcity

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 03:03:22 PM »

Somewhere between 15-25% of Republicans disapprove of Trump's handling of the riots and might otherwise consider voting for a Democrat in a state race (hence why Ds were able to win in KY and LA).

A successful peal-off in a presidential election would give Democrats 40+ states
15-25% of Republicans are not voting for Biden BUT if they stay home that could flip several states

Look at the 2017 Alabama Senate race. Doug Jones got the same amount of votes Hillary Clinton got, but Roy Moore drastically underperformed Trump. Because Republicans stayed home.

If 5% of the Republicans stayed home in 2020, thats about 3.75 million people across the country. If equally to each state by population, that should flip FL, NC, TX, OH, and IW

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 04:58:48 PM »

Depending on how Republicans react, it may save a bunch of Dem House seats if you subscribe to the "suburbanites who don't like Trump voted against Republicans in 2018 to take out their anger, but voted for them down ballot in 2020 when they had the opportunity to vote against Trump directly" theory.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 09:35:10 PM »

Trump would have a large incumbent landslide loss instead of a close one.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 09:39:53 PM »

The 383 map likely occurs and the Democrats do a lot better in the House of Representatives, but still initially lose the Senate due to lackluster candidates such as Cal Cunningham, Sara Gideon, Theresa Greenfield, and Steve Bullock (to some extent).
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »

The 383 map likely occurs and the Democrats do a lot better in the House of Representatives, but still initially lose the Senate due to lackluster candidates such as Cal Cunningham, Sara Gideon, Theresa Greenfield, and Steve Bullock (to some extent).
If the 383 map occurs, Cunningham wins.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 10:11:57 PM »

If the 383 map occurs, Cunningham wins.
Thom Tillis I think outruns Donald Trump enough to narrowly win. In addition to the Cal Cunningham scandal, Thom Tillis was able to improve his perception among voters due to his active role in ACB’s confirmation hearings.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 12:09:12 AM »

There would be no motivation to do it then
Motorcity

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 09:18:11 AM »

What is the 383 map? I keep playing around on the electoral calculator but I cant figure it out
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 09:59:34 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:09 PM »

Trump's popularity is taking a hit since this happened. We would have gotten the 413 map.

Of course, under the circumstances it is beyond appalling that he would even do that well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 03:24:22 AM »

Back in Oct, Covid was going down that's why Rs won seats, Trump felt he was gonna win back then, and TX will never flup
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 01:43:32 PM »

What is the 383 map? I keep playing around on the electoral calculator but I cant figure it out
Basically all of Joe Biden’s 2020 states+North Carolina, Texas, Ohio, and Iowa. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies