DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269118 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 03:23:07 PM »

This is insane.
F*** all these trump cultists and anyone in Atlas who condones this BS.
Protest ... yes, I'm all for that, it's their right.  But not inside or anywhere near these buildings.
And then you have trump clowns who are in the actual chambers of Congress. What f***ing BS is that?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:02:27 PM »

This so gross, I'm beside myself.
They just showed cell phone video of some girl/woman who was shot in the Capitol.
I think they said it was in her eye (which is more than likely in her brain).
She was barely alive, and will probably not live.
trump should be charged for her death.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:05:16 PM »

I am actually quaking in anger right now. Rarely do I have this kind of reaction to political news. The last time I had it was in response to the BLM riots last summer. And Trump is doing absolutely nothing in response to this. If he doesn't, he needs to be removed under the 25th Amendment as soon as possible.

What do you mean that trump " is doing absolutely nothing in response to this" !
He is partially to blame for creating it from the start, with his own words just an hour or two before it all took place.
Where is your head?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

I’ve muted Sanchez for 5 days from USGD as an emergency measure. Additional sanctions may be considered later.

I don't understand why the mod team keeps giving him time-outs, and chances, over and over and over again.
Didn't he just beg (on his knees), just days ago, to please allow him back on the USGD board?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

Maybe they should tell Capitol security and police that they need to clear a path to get Bible pictures in front of a nearby church.
That would get things in action much quicker than what we have seen for the last 3 hours.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »

A$$holes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 05:30:22 PM »

Trolling from an Islamist dictator:

Our country's international reputation has been permanently ruined because of Donald Trump. China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran must be dancing for joy at seeing this.

Now you realize this?
This has been happening for the last four years!
Hello!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:48 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

You have been here for long enough to know that I never became a Trump supporter   at any time during his presidency.

I just said I was tempted to at many times , but am relieved that I didn’t

You have said things swinging your decision back and forth. You deserve very little credit for your words today.
And remind me again ... Did you vote to put this Orange Moron in office back in 2016?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 02:01:11 PM »

I've seen reports that four people have died but the only person I'm aware of is the air force veteran from California that was shot.  Does anyone know anything about who the other three were?

They died from medical emergencies, probably heart attacks or something. Their names haven't been released yet probably since the families are still being notified.

I have heard reports, but don't know how reliable they are, that the other three were:

1. Fell off the Capitol steps and hit their head.
2. Heart attack after a flash-bang went off close to them.
3. Heart attack after accidentally self-tasing.

The owners of 8chan, as well as Q if he's not one of them, should be facing 4 murder charges.

trump should be facing murder charges as well.
He incited this violence just hours before it took place.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:23 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pence-was-livid-after-all-the-things-ive-done-for-trump-according-to-oklahoma-senator-who-spoke-with-the-vp/ar-BB1cyQEq?ocid=uxbndlbing

Vice President Mike Pence became uncharacteristically angry on Wednesday during the siege on the Capitol, according to Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma.
"I've known Mike Pence forever," Inhofe told reporters on Capitol Hill Wednesday night. "I've never seen Pence as angry as he was today."
"I had a long conversation with him. He said, 'After all the things I've done for [Trump].'"

It goes to show just how blinded by his office Mike Pence has been that after four years he still had not learned that loyalty with Trump is a one-way street.

Mike Pence didnt care until he was burned himself.

Exactly my thought.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »

I'm sorry he lost his job, but in all truth, there was a failure of duty yesterday.
You have every member of Congress, the current VP, the next VP and many other high profile individuals in that building. I can understand a situation where the guards needed to retreat back to the doors (since they did not plan accordingly, to have a large enough force on the outside).

But once at the doors the guards needed to stand their ground. The guards have no idea how physically threatening those people would be, if they actually got a hold of someone like Pelosi, Schumer, Kamala, McConnell or Pence. Once the MAGA bastards got through the door, the guards should have used their weapons. They could initially shot at the wall/door or maybe at the perpetrators' legs (less lethal). This would no doubt have retreated many of them to go back in fear/shock, as they see their comrades fall in pain. Just one officer showing such force would/could have stopped many in their area/jurisdiction.

Yes, there would have been the most-crazies-of-the-crazies that would have proceeded to advance.
But there would have been much fewer idiots to deal with, and these specific terrorists could have been handled in a more "forceful" manner, if necessary.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 10:09:28 PM »

Awful.
F*** I am so pissed right now.
trump is a piece of sh*t, and I hope they prosecute him and toss his lard-ass in prison.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 10:17:47 PM »

Compare the character of Andy Kim and Donald Trump...

I love this image and the story.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 10:25:52 PM »

The video is actually very good. He should have recorded this video on November 6 or 7 when it became clear that he had lost the election.

He should resign now to avoid being impeached and Pence should pardon him.

God's how in God's name can you say he deserves pardoned? Is this just a way of pardoning your own conscience for supporting this neo-Nazi?

No. It's just an embarrassment to the country to have a former President prosecuted for crimes and possibly convicted.

I got news for you __________.
What is "embarrassing to the country" is what we and the whole world, observed yesterday.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 11:01:42 PM »

Saying all Trump supporters support the despicable crap from yesterday is just as bad as saying all Biden voter support looting/rioting and antifa.  The broad generalizations are not fair to either side, so cut the shiit.

Did Biden lead an antifa mob to the Capitol?
No

Then it’s not a valid comparison. Supporting Trump after this is supporting this, full stop.

Buzz,
This (highlighted above) is all you need to understand.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 02:45:38 PM »

I thought I couldn't get any more disgusted with the Trumps than I already was.  These sickos need to be exiled from the U.S. permanently.

The entire trump family makes me want to vomit. I fear Barron is going to go down the same shameful path as the rest of them.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 08:12:25 PM »

Do you guys really think that Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski would jump ship, become an Independent and side with the Dems?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »

>.> Apparently it's a lot more than 10-15%.

Ok, I suppose it is a understatement. But not a lot more either. Only 22% of Republicans feel they were "Mostly right".
The rest of my point still stands.
Also: the poll started taking surveyers on the 6th, so that makes it less weighty.

35% of Republicans "approve" of this traitorous action. What are talking about?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 09:18:45 PM »

Capitol Police officer who died when mob stormed the Capitol was proud to serve his nation, family said.
Click here to read article ... https://us.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/brian-sicknick-death/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »

We had people with Nazi and Confederate symbols storm the Capitol, something the actual Nazis and Confederates were never able to do. It’s just crazy.

I never thought about it that way, but you are correct.
There was a disturbing green (lime-green) flag these Fascists had that I saw on TV, that very similarly resembled Nazi Germany's naval battle flag (Kriegsmarine).
Nazi scum!

Does anyone know more about what this green flag, exactly represented to these trump loons?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 03:33:46 PM »

We had people with Nazi and Confederate symbols storm the Capitol, something the actual Nazis and Confederates were never able to do. It’s just crazy.

I never thought about it that way, but you are correct.
There was a disturbing green (lime-green) flag these Fascists had that I saw on TV, that very similarly resembled Nazi Germany's naval battle flag (Kriegsmarine).
Nazi scum!

Does anyone know more about what this green flag, exactly represented to these trump loons?

I remember seeing the Kekistan flag too.

It's used by the subset of the Alt-right community who post Pepe the Frog memes.

Yes, I believe that is the one I saw the trump Fascists waving.
Notice how it is very similar to the Nazi Kriegsmarine (Navy) battle flag, used by Germany through all of WWII (shown above).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 07:41:27 PM »

The fact that these people are dumb enough to brag about this on Twitter...

They are trump cultists who believe Hillary is a pedophile and hides children in basements. Of course they are "dumb enough."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 08:16:45 PM »

Feds arresting more of the losers who stormed the Capitol ...

Yesssssss.
I'm so happy they got this guy. He was one of the main ring-leaders pushing the trump cultists to storm the Capitol.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 03:38:15 PM by Virginiá »

An officer who worked at the Capitol during the riot has committed suicide:

https://www.thewrap.com/capitol-officer-dies-suicide/

https://twitter.com/nancycordes/status/1348298401369227265?

How sad.
I wonder why he committed suicide?
He sounds like a really nice man, who loved doing his job and teaching/showing visitors what the Capitol was all about.
Sad
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 03:12:08 PM »

This is monstrous

I mean seriously.
At that point, they should have used their guns (specifically targeted at those who were dragging the officer).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies