DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:49:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269201 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 02:56:51 PM »

Nobody has the right to disrupt the constitutionally-prescribed legal process. Such is a coup.

Donald Trump must go. He has egged people on to do this. As such he has made a mockery of our Constitutional government.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:57 PM »

Has anyone noticed that, in view of the paucity of masks, that the protest and the seizure of the Capitol Building could easily become another super-spreader event for COVID-19?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »

Imagine coming to her as a student who needs counseling and therapy.

How the hell did she even get her job, in the first place?
Do school districts not do thorough background checks?
What a loon.

She may not have been a Qultist when she was a school counselor and therapist.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 10:24:52 AM »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.

I give you the pro-life, pro-family party, ladies and gents.

"Killing my kids to own the libs! Who needs kids when I can have four more years of President Trump!?"

Nothing unhinged or irrational about that.

That would also be obstruction of justice.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.

Update on this story ...
CNN's Chris Cuomo talks to 18-year-old Jackson Reffitt's decision to tip-off the FBI about father attending Capitol riot.

Watch interview here ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/01/23/teen-jackson-reffitt-capitol-riot-intv-full-cuomo-cpt-vpx.cnn

This is obstruction of justice at its worst.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 05:34:01 PM »

Figuring that this is not the usual street hoodlum... how can anyone who has so much going for him be so cruel, so violent, and so disrespectful of law enforcement?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 01:14:42 AM »

I'd say that calling for people to bring guns to the Capitol is a call for others to do something quite illegal. Advocacy of a violent crime when there is some likelihood  of such a crime being committed is itself a crime.

If someone called for people to bring firearms to a Black Lives Matter demonstration on behalf of either side, then that person would likely be charged with a crime.

Of course -- if proved guilty as charged in a court of law.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 08:50:47 PM »

This idiot is my Congressman.  I was happy to see Doug Collins leave to run for Senate, but I think Clyde is actually worse.

Idiot? Worse -- liar. He's a dumb liar who says something demonstrably false.

Before January 6 I would have seen images like that as absurd fiction. Seven Days in May at least makes literary sense. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies