DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:45:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 274925 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: January 07, 2021, 02:23:57 AM »

I was just checking in the live stream. Oh my God. Those Republicans are so petty. How can they have lived through an attempted fascist coup and still go on with that bullsh*t.
It's not pettiness, it's strategy. Those fascists put them in office.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2351 on: January 07, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 12:41:36 PM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

On behalf of the entire commonwealth of Pennsylvania, I apologize for giving you Mike Kelly.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2352 on: January 07, 2021, 02:26:13 AM »

Can’t imagine what this must be like for Jamie Raskin after losing his son just a week ago.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2353 on: January 07, 2021, 02:27:14 AM »

I have literally been waiting for the moment Donald Trump is officially a LOSER since he came down that f--king escalator in June 2015. That will happen the moment Vermont's electors are certified. These Republican assholes just keep dragging it out longer and longer, and every second that goes by just ensures more and more I will NEVER vote for someone in their party EVER no matter what. That might sound like an empty threat but I bet I'm not quite alone among people my age.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2354 on: January 07, 2021, 02:28:00 AM »

I was just checking in the live stream. Oh my God. Those Republicans are so petty. How can they have lived through an attempted fascist coup and still go on with that bullsh*t.

Because what happened is what they've been hoping for for decades. If they're would be shaken up about anything it's that it failed.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2355 on: January 07, 2021, 02:28:36 AM »

Raskin needs a yarmulke.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2356 on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:03 AM »

I have literally been waiting for the moment Donald Trump is officially a LOSER since he came down that f--king escalator in June 2015. That will happen the moment Vermont's electors are certified. These Republican assholes just keep dragging it out longer and longer, and every second that goes by just ensures more and more I will NEVER vote for someone in their party EVER no matter what. That might sound like an empty threat but I bet I'm not quite alone among people my age.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2357 on: January 07, 2021, 02:32:33 AM »

Time has expired for the house and voting is about to begin. Let's finish this.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2358 on: January 07, 2021, 02:33:57 AM »

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

BASED BASED BASED
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2359 on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:26 AM »

Your new Senate Budget Chair, everyone!
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #2360 on: January 07, 2021, 02:37:31 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.

Lmao. This is a parody right?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2361 on: January 07, 2021, 02:37:53 AM »

When you think about it... Didn't Jimmy Carter really win in the end?

He has been lucky to live an extremely long (longest of all presidents), fulfilling, happy life during which he has seen his status rise to "Living Saint."

He has now seen his home state flip back to his party, probably all but permanently.

His wife gets to remain alive and lucid just as long as he does, and they have a heart-melting, loving relationship.

He got to do all the good in the world he wanted to do, which is far more than almost anyone else could ever dream of.

He gets to still have a respected voice and position in American society no one would dare attack.

Meanwhile Reagan was falling apart from Alzheimer's before his term was even over and one of the last things he would ever have remembered was California abandoning his party.

Just saying, think in the end Carter got the better deal out of the 1980 election.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2362 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:55 AM »

When you think about it... Didn't Jimmy Carter really win in the end?

He has been lucky to live an extremely long (longest of all presidents), fulfilling, happy life during which he has seen his status rise to "Living Saint."

He has now seen his home state flip back to his party, probably all but permanently.

His wife gets to remain alive and lucid just as long as he does, and they have a heart-melting, loving relationship.

He got to do all the good in the world he wanted to do, which is far more than almost anyone else could ever dream of.

He gets to still have a respected voice and position in American society no one would dare attack.

Meanwhile Reagan was falling apart from Alzheimer's before his term was even over and one of the last things he would ever have remembered was California abandoning his party.

Just saying, think in the end Carter got the better deal out of the 1980 election.
I owe my existence to President Carter. I would not exist without his administration’s permissive policies for asylum seekers from Eastern Europe, which is how my family fled an authoritarian government to start a new life here. Massive FF
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2363 on: January 07, 2021, 02:40:52 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.

Well, it certainly reminds me why Pineville Jeb is one of a very small number of posters I have on ignore.
I Stand With TRKL1917
Pineville Jeb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2364 on: January 07, 2021, 02:41:16 AM »

No.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2365 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:10 AM »

No.

Sometimes the underdog is wrong.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2366 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:43 AM »

Well, it certainly reminds me why Pineville Jeb is one of a very small number of posters I have on ignore.

Being ignored by a Blairite is a badge of honor.

Make that another one, confederate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2367 on: January 07, 2021, 02:45:06 AM »

And the House shoots down the objection.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2368 on: January 07, 2021, 02:46:22 AM »

Why isn't Pelosi making Cawthorn wear a mask?

Cawthorn is the worst.  Makes the whole country think he was robbed of attending the Naval Academy due to his auto accident.  Only to find out via court docs that he was actually rejected the week before the accident. Who does that- and even more, who does that and thinks no one will find out.  Although, he was elected anyway?

Speaking of the younger members of Congress- whereas Cawthorn is awful, I've always been impressed with Conor Lamb & think he will have a big future in politics if he wants it. He seems to be an incredibly effective speaker & seems like he probably is a very good campaigner regarding connecting with people. (seeing his floor speech made me think of this).

...granted he's actually not that young- didn't realize he is 36 (I think Cawthorn is 25 or 26)... but still much younger than most in Congress.

Conor Lamb on the Floor Speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06cCN4OcFpY
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2369 on: January 07, 2021, 02:52:30 AM »

Goddamn I love Georgia now:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2370 on: January 07, 2021, 02:54:17 AM »

Sad that this objection already has more yes votes than the Arizona one. I wonder who those extra 10-15 members are?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2371 on: January 07, 2021, 02:54:57 AM »

Your new Senate Budget Chair, everyone!

Hot take: Labor Secretary, after all. Perhaps he's the reason Biden evidently waited for the runoffs before naming one.
I Stand With TRKL1917
Pineville Jeb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2372 on: January 07, 2021, 02:55:46 AM »

Being ignored by a Blairite is a badge of honor.

Mods, when?

PLEASE DADDY, SUPPRESS THE DISSIDENT'S RIGHT TO EXPRESS HIS OPINION! MMMMMMMMMMMMM CUMMIES!!

What if the underdog is promoting a foul ideology? Would you still support them?

For that matter, what do you define as an underdog?

Whoever the bourgeois, liberal, "respectable" opinion is demonizing at the time.

For instance, in the 1980s the Polish People's Republic government was the underdog because it was being demonized by the imperialist ruling class and their liberal and "left" cheerleaders for defending the gains of the Polish workers' revolution against counterrevolutionary Solidarnosc fascists.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2373 on: January 07, 2021, 02:57:46 AM »

I just saw the Lamb speech again and I didn't hear Pelosi's second response until just now when she said "you say the same thing about me every day." Haha!
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #2374 on: January 07, 2021, 02:58:06 AM »

Absolutely shameful that they still objected after all this. Really not a good look to all but the die-hard MAGA fans.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies