DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:12:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275267 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: January 07, 2021, 01:28:45 AM »

Steve Cohen (D-TN) just outright called Trump a “narcissistic sociopath” who has “no redeeming values” and it’s a “disgrace for America” that he even exists in our borders, says he should be removed immediately.

Between this and Toomey calling him a lying demagogue, seems like Congress is just taking the gloves off, saying everything they’ve wanted to for 4 years. It’s cathartic, I gotta say.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2301 on: January 07, 2021, 01:32:10 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

Why wouldn't he hold the door open for them?  He wants them out of there.

He should be arresting them not being valet to their criminal activity.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2302 on: January 07, 2021, 01:33:07 AM »

Oh BTW, while Trump turned the US Capitol into Dave and Buster's, the covid pandemic killed almost 4,000 people today.  I'm sure Trump is horrified that he can't offer his condolences due to his twitter ban.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2303 on: January 07, 2021, 01:44:36 AM »

One of the Republicans, can't tell who, wouldn't stop screaming during Lamb's speech and Pelosi kicked him out.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2304 on: January 07, 2021, 01:45:12 AM »

Will Trump even be allowed in the ex-presidents club?

VERY hard to imagine Carter, Clinton, Bush, or Obama welcoming him. They ALL have very good reason to personally despise him.
I Stand With TRKL1917
Pineville Jeb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2305 on: January 07, 2021, 01:45:46 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2306 on: January 07, 2021, 01:46:11 AM »

Patty Murray, the No. 3 ranking Senate Democrat, just called for invoking the 25th amendment. I believe this is the biggest endorsement yet.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2307 on: January 07, 2021, 01:46:30 AM »

Steve Cohen (D-TN) just outright called Trump a “narcissistic sociopath” who has “no redeeming values” and it’s a “disgrace for America” that he even exists in our borders, says he should be removed immediately.

Between this and Toomey calling him a lying demagogue, seems like Congress is just taking the gloves off, saying everything they’ve wanted to for 4 years. It’s cathartic, I gotta say.

Cohen has never kept his gloves on lol. He told Blackburn to jump off a bridge 2 years ago.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2308 on: January 07, 2021, 01:46:43 AM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2309 on: January 07, 2021, 01:47:18 AM »

No! Stop! Come back! That man may have won us Georgia!!!!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2310 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:23 AM »

Today has been terrible, but the one nice thing to remember is how miserable these Trump people are.  Their lives are completely devoid of meaning and they're lashing out like children.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2311 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:28 AM »

Cohen has never kept his gloves on lol. He told Blackburn to jump off a bridge 2 years ago.

Hmm, I have begrudgingly gained some respect for Tennessee based on him alone.

Regardless, it's not just him. The Republican Congress in general (especially the Senate) seems to be backing away from Trump.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2312 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:42 AM »

I wonder what Jared & Ivanka are thinking?  They certainly aren't perfect, but I definitely put them in a different mindset category than DJTJ & Trump himself.  (I'm guessing Trump & DJTJ loved today... where as Jared & Ivanka, who seem more opportunistic driven, were thinking: "Great- this certainly isn't going to make our post-White-House life any easier")
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2313 on: January 07, 2021, 01:50:12 AM »

2021 is STILL a lot better than 2020 by the way. Fascism failed and will continue to fail. Democracy won in Georgia. This will be the "high water mark of Trumpism" just as Pickett's Charge is considered the "high water mark of the Confederacy," mark my words. It's the beginning of the end.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2314 on: January 07, 2021, 01:50:17 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

Why wouldn't he hold the door open for them?  He wants them out of there.

He should be arresting them not being valet to their criminal activity.

Right, because singlehandedly trying to arrest them all would be an easy thing to do and would work out wonderfully...

Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2315 on: January 07, 2021, 01:51:09 AM »

Patty Murray, the No. 3 ranking Senate Democrat, just called for invoking the 25th amendment. I believe this is the biggest endorsement yet.
BASED
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2316 on: January 07, 2021, 01:51:22 AM »

Trump really screwed this one up. He had a much better chance in 2024 before today.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2317 on: January 07, 2021, 01:52:05 AM »

I'm sorry to Kamala for ever making fun of her calling on Twitter to ban Trump.

Turns out that was an extremely important issue she was absolutely right on after all.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2318 on: January 07, 2021, 01:52:32 AM »

Today has been terrible, but the one nice thing to remember is how miserable these Trump people are.  Their lives are completely devoid of meaning and they're lashing out like children.
They can go back to cowering in their lowly hovels.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2319 on: January 07, 2021, 01:52:56 AM »

I definitely like this guy more after reading his Blackburn comment.
Panda Express

« Reply #2320 on: January 07, 2021, 01:53:06 AM »

Oh BTW, while Trump turned the US Capitol into Dave and Buster's, the covid pandemic killed almost 4,000 people today.  I'm sure Trump is horrified that he can't offer his condolences due to his twitter ban.

Plus losing the Senate and all. Nice going Trump supporters/voters. Great going. No really. Fantastic end to your guy's tenure. Did you losers get the "winning" you wanted? Because it seems to me you are more miserable than ever
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2321 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »

Oh BTW, while Trump turned the US Capitol into Dave and Buster's, the covid pandemic killed almost 4,000 people today.  I'm sure Trump is horrified that he can't offer his condolences due to his twitter ban.

Plus losing the Senate and all. Nice going Trump supporters/voters. Great going. No really. Fantastic end to your guy's tenure. Did you losers get the "winning" you wanted? Because it seems to me you are more miserable than ever

Seeing all the blue and green and even yellow avatars turn red today damn near brings tears to my eyes. It's about damn time everyone who opposes these fascists unites!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2322 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:35 AM »

He's worked hard to earn his seat and done a damn good job.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #2323 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:50 AM »

Temporarily changed my avatar to a Dem one in recognition of the inexcusability of the actions that occurred today.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2324 on: January 07, 2021, 01:58:43 AM »

Temporarily changed my avatar to a Dem one in recognition of the inexcusability of the actions that occurred today.

If its temporary, it doesn't mean sh**t. The Trump Party is a literal cancer on Democracy.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies