DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268846 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by.  

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility.  

The true enemy of the people.  100%

Yes, we should not be shooting people if we can avoid it at all costs. The police is right to deescalate things here.

I will not deescalate my rhetoric. I believe they are terrorists who are trying to commit an insurrection, so I will use the words that I believe appropriately describe the situation. I will not be censored.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #726 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:24 PM »

but her emails
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #727 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:44 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #728 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:47 PM »

Oh I thought that was Joe and Kamala lol.  My B.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #729 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:49 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%

There is no desescalation to be done. They are criminals, they belong to jail.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #730 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:52 PM »

Marianne Williamson calls for 25th Amendment

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

Maybe they should tell Capitol security and police that they need to clear a path to get Bible pictures in front of a nearby church.
That would get things in action much quicker than what we have seen for the last 3 hours.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:57 PM »

Lets be clear, if Antifa stormed the capitol like this they would have all been arrested, maybe shot.  Our law enforcement has just become an arm of the Republican Party at this point. And the Republican Party are becoming traitors.  So there's an inherent problem here.

Been telling you for months now. What do you think the whole premise of Long Island, Staten Island and Mt. Greenwood is? And yes, Dems need to appeal to those areas, those Lean R areas. That happens when one party screams ACAB and paints all cops with the same brush, they go to the party that defends them.
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:09 PM »

I wonder how this will be remembered 10 years from now
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #734 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:16 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 06:51:16 PM by Calthrina950 »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by.  

The true enemy of the people.  100%

Shame on you. Why are you justifying what these anarchists are doing? While I think the police and National Guards need to be careful with the strategy they pursue to deal with the anarchists, I don't think it is just to be blaming the media at this juncture for this.
swf541

« Reply #735 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:22 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Been reporting your posts, its a shame to see posters here literally defending this insanity, especially on a forum dedicated to tracking elections... You know what the thugs here are trying to overturn....
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #736 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:30 PM »

What was it before?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #737 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:34 PM »

Are you F—KING KIDDING ME???

YOU are the enemy of the people!!!

First we couldn’t call stupid people stupid or else they might just prove us right!

Now we can’t call literal insurrectionists what they are or else they might just prove us right!!

This is f—king “negotiate with terrorists” logic.

Get the HELL out of here!!!
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #738 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »

Just changed the channel to OANN. They're talking with Rudy Giuliani about fake ballots in Georgia. NO coverage of what's going on...and Rudy just mentioned his line from this morning saying they need "trial by combat"!!! He'd say they mean legal combat, but I just cannot believe the tone-deafness of it all.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #739 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:47 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #740 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:50 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 07:20:10 PM by Badger »

Gloves? Off.
wtf does a corporate tax cut have to do with storming the Capitol?

His point, completely correct, is that the few last never trumpist establishment Republicans gladly and wholeheartedly made their deal with the devil to support and shield Trump from the consequences for which he richly deserved impeachment, or bare minimum to be held in full restraint unconditionally until he ceased his attempts to undermine the rule of law in exchange for an authoritarian Cult of Personality, in order to get their tax cuts and judges nominated. A functioning democracy was all too sacrificable to the Republican party in order to achieve these goals.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #741 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »

Marianne Williamson calls for 25th Amendment

Girlfriend, you are so on
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #742 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »

This is deranged, even for you. You are looking at this and what you are seeing is protesters being DEMONIZED? WTF man? Get a grip.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #743 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:19 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.

They must cancel all public ceremonies for the inauguration and make it a small, private affair. I wouldn't be risking anything at this juncture.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #744 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »

Its amusing how in a Virginia Democrat discord server I am in that they went from calling northam a murderer for not instituting a lockdown during his press conference today to being called a historic war hero for sending the va state troopers and national guard into DC.

Lmao. Army of nova I guess?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #745 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:32 PM »

Leave.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #746 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »

Rep. Nancy Mace on SkyNews said that her support for Trump has been “wiped out”.

she's such a self-hating rino
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #747 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »

CBS reporting that the House may be reconvening in another large room (possibly the Ways and Means Committee room). 
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #748 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:15 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Hey stop it. One friend of mine who voted for Trump just called me crying and saying he regrets it
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #749 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:32 PM »

I got my new FB profile picture. Let's head home.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies