DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268794 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »

I’m officially recanting my statements of being unhappy that the GOP lost the senate . The Republicans deserved to lose it

Might be the first time I've ever genuinely regretted voting for Ted Cruz or, on a larger scale, thought about leaving the Republican Party.  

There is an old proverb that you are known by the company you keep. 

I am certain that you would never condone acts like we've seen today.  However, maintaining association with a party that has come to this implies that you give its actions at least tacit approval.  That's why I left the party, long ago.

I encourage you to switch your affiliation to Independent.  Trust me, it doesn't prevent you from continuing to vote for Republicans on a case-by-case basis. Smiley
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #701 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »

Trump is supporting the coup.

WTF!?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

This has been reversed.

only after the Governor of Virginia authorized sending the national guard anyways. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #702 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:49 PM »

Why isn't the police doing more? They should remove the rioters, by force if necessary. This is lawlessness in the extreme.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #703 on: January 06, 2021, 04:50:20 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 04:51:05 PM by TexasGurl »

I didn't condone or support the riots last year. They do not excuse what we're seeing today. This is unprecedented. The U.S. Capitol has never been stormed by anarchists in this manner before. These people are seeking to install Trump as a dictator and to destroy our democracy.
Splash
United States

« Reply #704 on: January 06, 2021, 04:50:47 PM »

Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #705 on: January 06, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »

To those who live in reliably blue cities within red states, your state government and your police won’t protect you. Do not look to them for any help, nor expect any to be forthcoming. Instead, look to your neighbors and friends to support you. Try and form a self-defense organization. You have few options other than mutual self-defense.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #706 on: January 06, 2021, 04:50:55 PM »

The fact you say this shows not just strong character, but that it's by no means too late to change.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #707 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:23 PM »

Sorest losers in history.

I never, EVER want to hear about the f—king screaming Hillary supporter again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #708 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

I’ve muted Sanchez for 5 days from USGD as an emergency measure. Additional sanctions may be considered later.

I don't understand why the mod team keeps giving him time-outs, and chances, over and over and over again.
Didn't he just beg (on his knees), just days ago, to please allow him back on the USGD board?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »

Protesters are attacking another Capitol entrance.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »

Where was this outrage during the 3 months of Portland siege or the CHAZ?  I would've had more respect for "Antifa" if they stormed the Capitol like this instead, especially if it was for a populist cause like healthcare or stimulus.

No you wouldn't. Just stop. Breathe.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »

MUH Antifa
Splash
United States

« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

Remember this guy?

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #713 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:05 PM »

Lets be clear, if Antifa stormed the capitol like this they would have all been arrested, maybe shot.  Our law enforcement has just become an arm of the Republican Party at this point.  And the Republican Party are becoming traitors.  So there's an inherent problem here.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #714 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:10 PM »

Scumbags like Hawley and Cruz are really just trying to save their own asses right now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #715 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »

The 25th can only be invoked if the president doesn't objects. If he does, 2/3 of congress must agree with the vice president. Trump must be impeached.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #716 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:30 PM »

Trying to make things worse in this thread by trying to derail it with a bunch of but ANTIFA/BLM crap will not be tolerated.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #717 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »

To those who live in reliably blue cities within red states, your state government and your police won’t protect you. Do not look to them for any help, nor expect any to be forthcoming. Instead, look to your neighbors and friends to support you. Try and form a self-defense organization. You have few options other than mutual self-defense.

Sadly, you might be right. I hope if some good comes out of this, more liberals will start to arm themselves. One side having all the guns creates the potential for an ugly situation.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #718 on: January 06, 2021, 04:53:07 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

That's not how this works.

It starts from the top. It starts with a man so deluded that he can't accept defeat, and is willing to propagate dangerous lies to people who know no better than to believe because they've been conditioned to do so.

Everyone had their own reasons for supporting Trump, including myself once upon a time, but the hardcore cultists have been brainwashed. Day in and day out, by media echo chambers, by their elected officials casting doubt on an election outcome and by every single person of influence who cast aside logic and reason to curry favor with people who have been suckered by this cult of personality.

Some of them, I assume, are bad people. But most of them are hopelessly, sadly, deluded by a president who has taught them to redefine reality by his warped standards.

This is the GOP's fault. This is OANN's fault. But to blame every person who cast a vote for Trump is, (and I HATE using this comparison because it's lazy), tantamount to disparaging the character of every person who supported Hitler because they were deluded to believe he was the right thing for their country.

Or, you know, we could actually hold people accountable for their own actions. It isn't hard to use basic critical thinking skills.

You know--personal responsibility and all that.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #719 on: January 06, 2021, 04:53:18 PM »

CNBC - Former Defense Secretary William Cohen calls for 25th Amendment
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #720 on: January 06, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »

Scumbags like Hawley and Cruz are really just trying to save their own asses right now.

They are finished. Their colleagues hate them and McConnell is going to leave them out to dry.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #721 on: January 06, 2021, 04:53:48 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 05:12:28 PM by ✝️ »

For what it's worth: The exact same thing happened in Berlin last year - twice!
The first incident was instigated on August 30 when the protesters of the Querdenker movement, something like the German "branch" of QAnon, were told by one of theirs that Trump was about to arrive in Berlin in order to "free" them. The mob then proceeded to storm the Reichstag, where only three (!) policemen were put on standby to deny the domestic terrorists access. (Robert F. Kennedy was a guest of honor attending the rally that day, btw.)

The other incident occurred on November 18 when three AfD members of the Bundestag infiltrated Querdenker members into the Reichstag in order for them to harass, insult and threaten members of the Bundestag in the run-up to the passage of a restrictive anti-Corona bill. In the clip below you can see a woman called Rebecca Sommer, a former human rights activist and a refugees' aide, pestering and offending Economy Minister Peter Altmaier (CDU).

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #722 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:17 PM »

Good time to point out that "Umbrella Man" white supremacist who started the MN riots STILL has not been arrested even though they ID'd him months ago...
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #723 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:31 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #724 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence

Look at what Mike Pence changed his cover photo to.... lmao.

Himself and his wife?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies