DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:05:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269392 times)
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:32 AM »

Cuckold Cruz is a smarmy worm and always has been. His words are hollow and shallow.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:23 AM »

In my use of language, I often use the word deranged for violent crazies regardless of background. I merely wanted to make the point that open celebration of an accidental violent death is not a good thing.
Let’s just say that I wouldn’t be the first person to shed tears, if at all.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2021, 12:11:13 AM »

Trumpublicans live in clown world. 🤡 🌎
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2021, 12:17:15 AM »

Horse Teeth Hawley pulling stupid sh**t. What else is new?
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2021, 12:54:40 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."
My god, they have punchable faces.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2021, 01:51:09 AM »

Patty Murray, the No. 3 ranking Senate Democrat, just called for invoking the 25th amendment. I believe this is the biggest endorsement yet.
BASED
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2021, 01:52:32 AM »

Today has been terrible, but the one nice thing to remember is how miserable these Trump people are.  Their lives are completely devoid of meaning and they're lashing out like children.
They can go back to cowering in their lowly hovels.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2021, 02:01:01 AM »

Broke: Continuing to support Trump

Woke: Calling for Trump’s immediate ouster and prosecution for treason against the United States

Bespoke: Revising the constitutional and legal mechanisms that enabled a Trump in the first place, to prevent the next one
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2021, 02:33:57 AM »

I have literally been waiting for the moment Donald Trump is officially a LOSER since he came down that f--king escalator in June 2015. That will happen the moment Vermont's electors are certified. These Republican assholes just keep dragging it out longer and longer, and every second that goes by just ensures more and more I will NEVER vote for someone in their party EVER no matter what. That might sound like an empty threat but I bet I'm not quite alone among people my age.

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

BASED BASED BASED
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:55 AM »

When you think about it... Didn't Jimmy Carter really win in the end?

He has been lucky to live an extremely long (longest of all presidents), fulfilling, happy life during which he has seen his status rise to "Living Saint."

He has now seen his home state flip back to his party, probably all but permanently.

His wife gets to remain alive and lucid just as long as he does, and they have a heart-melting, loving relationship.

He got to do all the good in the world he wanted to do, which is far more than almost anyone else could ever dream of.

He gets to still have a respected voice and position in American society no one would dare attack.

Meanwhile Reagan was falling apart from Alzheimer's before his term was even over and one of the last things he would ever have remembered was California abandoning his party.

Just saying, think in the end Carter got the better deal out of the 1980 election.
I owe my existence to President Carter. I would not exist without his administration’s permissive policies for asylum seekers from Eastern Europe, which is how my family fled an authoritarian government to start a new life here. Massive FF
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:43 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.

Lmao. This is a parody right?

Well, it certainly reminds me why Pineville Jeb is one of a very small number of posters I have on ignore.

Being ignored by a Blairite is a badge of honor.

Make that another one, confederate.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2021, 07:32:35 AM »

Life imprisonment for these seditious Confederate traitors. No speaking to the media, no possibility of parole, all solitary confinement.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2021, 08:15:50 AM »

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

The guy blaming today on the "BLM riots" is now praising law enforcement for not fighting back against a physical takeover of the US Capitol during an active session of Congress.

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling

Or was too busy gargling Putin’s nutsack to notice or care.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2021, 09:44:07 AM »

It seems baffling that a Government with a whole host of alphabet soup related security departments couldn't secure the U.S capitol.

I'm not at all an expert of these things but if I had to guess it appears that that there is a rather weird security set up; the D.C police are in charge of the area surronding the capitol, the capitol police are in charge of the estate & the Sergeant at Arms is in charge of the chamber.

In this case it appears that the Secret Service did their job & the House leadership were protected... the Secret Service are suppose to be very much on the ball with these things after their failures in the past.
Because the treason runs much deeper. The commandant of the police was an active sympathizer with the Confederate conspirators. So was Trump and key figures in the top of the DoD. They are all Confederates, not real Americans.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »

Might as well do a response to all the craziness that happened, now that its one day past and emotions have been sorted out.
What happened yesterday was not acceptable, and I don't see any blue avatar here trying to defend the looting and damage done. Those people will hopefully be charged and go to jail and pay all appropriate fines/fees. It is understandable to be upset at what happened with the election and how it was counted but this simply was not the way to do it. Changes need to be made at the state level in order to ban VBM and all other regulations. Capitol Hill is not the main place where that happens.
However, that being said the summer riots greatly encouraged this. When people saw ANTIFA unleashed in Portland and stores being broken into and cops kneeling in front of BLM they believed that they could (wrongfully) do this stuff too.
I am still a Trump supporter and was since 2015, as I do not think it is his fault. He was misguided in the approach post Nov 3 and I do not think the election was stolen, but he never wanted the Capitol building to be stormed. Instead he wanted large outdoor protests but he never had intent of something like this happening. Removing Trump would be a horrible decision as he only has 13 days left, and impeachment would only add more fuel to the fire. The country needs to unite at this moment not get more divided, which attempting to lock up a former President will do.

You and the other blue avatars should go to the Olympics for mental gymnastics.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:52 PM »

So how recently has Trump gargled Putin’s salty nutsack?
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2021, 09:18:16 PM »

Meanwhile half of the Republican Party approves of the riots, and their conspiracy theory was validated by a majority of the Republican House caucus just hours after the attack!

To be fair, pretty much every Republican has condemned the violence, just as how establishment Dems condemned BLM riots.

147 Republicans voted to object to the election based on the president's lies. They know his claims are and have always been completely fabricated and they've decided perpetuating the lies is worth more to them than defending and uniting the country. Those lies triggered the violence by Trump's supporters. He's radicalized them with lies that their country is being stolen from them, their culture is being stolen from them, their election is being stolen from them.

The lies are behind the violence and unless the Republican Party comes out and apologizes to the nation for breeding terrorism in the gullible to get votes, they're 100% still the pieces of crap to blame.

Saying "I still think I won but don't hurt people" with no affect isn't worth a bucket of snake piss.

But it’s different from actually supporting the violence, which I’ve seen no Republican do so far.

No it’s explicitly supporting the violence. They are lying, these lies were used to incite this mob, they immediately went back to lying. Alternately they actually believe this, in which case the violence was justified.
In either case, this vote is supporting the insurrection.

Lying doesn’t mean you supported the violence anymore than supporting BLM meant you agreed with the occupation of downtown Seattle.

I live here. Stop using my beloved city as a cheap talking point, you f#%king fascist! Shut the f#%k up! SHUT THE F#%K UP!
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »

TheReckoning is a fascist troll. Ignore his ass and report every single one of his posts. There’s no justifying this sh**t and he’s doing it in plain view.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 10:16:17 PM by YE »

I think there are some really bad-faith arguments about conservatives and Republicans in this thread that I want to do my best to address in a level-headed manner and avoid "whataboutism" as much as possible.

Most respectable conservatives- most of whom voted twice for Donald Trump- that I know in real life are equally embarrassed and saddened by this as all Americans are.  What happened is not OK, and we should all be ashamed of that display and how it looks on our country- and especially on our party.  I agree that, after this, Trump should be nowhere near power ever again.  Where I disagree is that I don't think Trump is really a fascist dictator, but rather a petulant crybaby with a massive ego.  His behavior since the election strikes me more like a 5 year old mad that he lost a game to his brother than a wannabe dictator.  Regardless, though, either one is bad enough that he should never be in power again.  And, I will do everything I can to try to encourage my party to move on from this man.  I would even support exercising the 25th Amendment or impeachment.

But, I've seen a lot of posts here suggesting that, by voting for him, we are endorsing the worst traits that he could ever possess.  I think most people would agree that there is no perfect presidential candidate and we always have to prioritize things.  I've always had major misgivings about President Trump.  Just look back to how I talked about him during the 2016 GOP primaries.  Ultimately, I voted for him because I am very issue-focused and care very little about personalities.  I viewed it as just looking at a list of issues and seeing who I agreed with more often.  Maybe I should have been more forceful on a couple of occasions, but, through the years, I feel that I have been willing to criticize the president when he is wrong, and that continues to this day.

Even worse to me is the suggestion that many red avatars have made that we should abandon all of our principles to vote against all Republicans because they are "enablers".  I could not disagree more strongly with that.  First, if all respectable conservatives left the GOP, all you would have left would be the loons who stormed the Capitol, and that's not an outcome anyone wants.  Almost all Republican officeholders, including those who have been staunch allies of Trump to this point, are speaking out vigorously against these riots.  Maybe some Republican officeholders have been too scared to go against Trump, but I understand why.  Like it or not, politicians are almost always trying to make politically calculated moves.  Going against Trump publicly, loudly, and frequently was not going to be in the cards for most officeholders.  With that said, that doesn't mean that their true allegiance is to Trump.  Most officeholders probably really saw him as a "useful idiot" of sorts.  It seems to be becoming more and more clear to me since yesterday's domestic terrorism event that most Republicans in office are going to be steering the party away from Trump.  

And, even if that's not the case, I don't think I could vote for a Democrat because there are issues that I literally view as life and death that I cannot support.  I couldn't ever hold my nose for Trump again, either.  I truly believe that most of us are doing the best we can in a very broken political system, and we should not paint all people in a party with a broad brush of the worst people theoretically on their side.

God Bless!

Excuse me? Excuse me? You dare have the arrogance and smugness to use “respectable conservative” and “voted for trump twice” in the same sentence?! You knew what the deal was with him five years ago. You already knew that he was a reprehensible fascist - nothing more, nothing less - and chose to vote for him anyway. And now that our sacred Capitol has been ransacked by mobs that HE whipped up, NOW you’re sorry?! NOW you have an ounce of regret?! And yet you STILL paint the opposition as a party that values death over life?!
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2021, 10:19:19 PM »

Because of course they did.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2021, 10:39:24 PM »

One of the frustrating things about all of this is it could have been avoided right from the start if Republicans had just picked basically any other candidate, in what was a large primary.

Instead, they opted for the biggest loudmouth on stage, who despite having a very long and storied history of lying, scamming and disloyalty, earned enough votes to be nominated because people liked that he didn't talk like a regular politician. Guess what, those other pesky things like ethics, decent behavior and critical thinking actually matter when choosing leaders.

So for the love of god Republicans, next time have some decency and don't put the country through this kind of bs again.
They know no gods! It’s just a cheap and chintzy disguise for their one proposition: “rules for thee, not for me.”
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2021, 10:50:56 PM »

TheDonald is starting to turn on him over his speech today.

They’re going to get even more violent and angry after this.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2021, 11:15:21 PM »

Based
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2021, 10:19:57 AM »

As Donald Trump puts out statements written by his sane lawyers to try and defend himself, one of his insane lawyers makes a statement of his own.

Is this real life?
is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2021, 10:58:53 PM »

If I’m ever in DC and meet one of the police officers who were present on 1/6, I’ll buy them a beer. They deserve it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies