DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:07:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269038 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4825 on: March 22, 2021, 12:35:03 AM »

Well worth a watch. About a 9 minute video synchronizing police radio traffic with footage of the riot giving a pretty clear picture of how protesters broke through on the west front of the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007655234/weve-lost-the-line-radio-traffic-reveals-police-under-siege-at-capitol.html
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #4826 on: March 22, 2021, 05:38:53 AM »

60 Minutes story that played tonight (Mar 21st) ...

Inside the prosecution of the Capitol rioters.
Scott Pelley speaks with Michael Sherwin, the federal prosecutor who was leading the criminal investigation, the largest in U.S. history, into the assault on the Capitol.

Watch it here ... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-investigation-prosecution-60-minutes-2021-03-21/

It's about 13 minutes long.
It will be free (without the hassle of signing-up) for only about 1 week or so. So If you want to watch it, do so soon.
Love this defense.

Scott Pelley: But, look, when the man is having trouble smashing through the door, your client hands him a helmet.

Brent Mayr: At that point, it was, take the helmet and get outta here. You know, "Take the helmet. I need to get out of here." If Chris wanted to do damage, he could've done it his self.
I'm no lawyer but i can't help but think that if that's your argument then your in a bad spot.

Also
Michael Sherwin:   It's unequivocal that Trump was the magnet that brought the people to D.C. on the 6th. Now the question is, is he criminally culpable for everything that happened during the siege, during the breach? What I could tell you is this, based upon, again, what we see in the public record. And what we see in public statements in court. We have plenty of people-- we have soccer moms from Ohio that were arrested saying, "Well, I did this because my president said I had to take back our house." That moves the needle towards that direction. Maybe the president is culpable for those actions. But also, you see in the public record too militia members saying, "You know what? We did this because Trump just talks a big game. He's just all talk. We did what he wouldn't do."

Scott Pelley: In short, you have investigators looking into the president's role?

Michael Sherwin: We have people looking at everything, correct. Everything's being looked at.
I find it interesting that at least some of them seem to finally realize that Trumps a blowhard who's full of hot air.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4827 on: March 24, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Videos show ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene among mob inside Capitol during January 6 riot.

Footage from the January 6 riot at the US Capitol shows a close ally of Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene inside the building.

CNN previously reported that Anthony Aguero, a conservative live-streamer, activist and associate of Greene, said on video following the riot that he had been among those who entered the building.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/03/24/politics/kfile-marjorie-taylor-greene-ally-us-capitol/index.html
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4828 on: March 24, 2021, 03:03:03 PM »

60 Minutes story that played tonight (Mar 21st) ...

Inside the prosecution of the Capitol rioters.
Scott Pelley speaks with Michael Sherwin, the federal prosecutor who was leading the criminal investigation, the largest in U.S. history, into the assault on the Capitol.

Watch it here ... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-investigation-prosecution-60-minutes-2021-03-21/

It's about 13 minutes long.
It will be free (without the hassle of signing-up) for only about 1 week or so. So If you want to watch it, do so soon.

I watched this report when it aired on Sunday. I would imagine that it's been uploaded to YouTube; 60 Minutes has a YouTube channel which is updated every week.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4829 on: March 24, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »

That actually fits the petite bourgeois line, building up histories of tax liens and bankruptcies are more a thing that crappy businessmen than struggling workers build up
Ok, now this is perhaps the most epic post of 2021

Today (March 20) was the date that some of the conspiracy theorists were talking about after nothing happened on March 4.  Nothing continues to happen.

Possibly related: there's a die-hard Trump supporter in my neighborhood who's had a Trump-Pence sign in their yard since at least the beginning of 2020.  They took it down today and replaced it with a "Pray for America" sign.
I think most have lost all hope and the few diehards have split in multiple directions to irrelevancy. Much like the militia loons now.

It feels as if now the militia loons will enter dormancy until they get heeded to call from the next Republican president. They seriously bit more that they can chew and are severely demoralized and functionally inert with all their middle members dealing with their legal fees. Most likely that they will stick with laying low and only occasionally peeping their heads when it’s safe and easy PR to do so. However, it seems like the rhetoric of hate will cause lone wolves to fill in the gap, like what we saw in Atlanta.

Can we seriously change the thread title? It’s unnecessarily fearmongering and aged in a time where now it’s focused on the investigation and trial of the putschists.

They may be dormant, but these violence prone fascist auxiliary foot soldiers haven't disappeared. They're simply waiting for a new hero 2 emerge and reissue the rallying cry.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4830 on: March 24, 2021, 03:23:22 PM »

Still quiet in DC?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4831 on: March 25, 2021, 04:37:13 PM »

DEA agent says he was wrongly fired and is now under investigation for being at Capitol during insurrection.

A US Drug Enforcement Administration agent suspended for being at the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection said Tuesday that he has since been fired from the agency and is now "the subject of a criminal investigation," even though he claims he "never even stepped foot on the stairs of the Capitol building."

https://us.cnn.com/2021/03/25/politics/drug-enforcement-agent-capitol-riot-investigation/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4832 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »

Mother of police officer injured in Capitol riot says she's outraged by Trump's lie that his supporters were 'hugging and kissing' cops during attack.

The mother of a DC Police officer who was brutally assaulted while defending the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection said Monday that she and her family are outraged by former President Donald Trump's claim that his supporters were "hugging and kissing" officers during the riot and that the mob posed "zero threat."

Terry Fanone, the mother of officer Michael Fanone, who was stun-gunned several times, beaten with a flagpole and heard people screaming, "Kill him with his own gun," told CNN's Don Lemon on "CNN Tonight" that when she thinks about Trump's recent comments, "What goes through my mind is really outrage."

"For us, for our family, and for each and every police officer that I know that Michael's in touch with constantly, it's outrageous. It's so dehumanizing. It's so devaluing," she said.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/03/30/politics/dc-police-officer-terry-fanone-trump-capitol-insurrection-cnntv/index.html
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4833 on: March 30, 2021, 09:53:54 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 06:55:26 AM by Kevin »

Unfortunately not,

I guess tying into the recent national concern of violence against Asian-Americans. A Pakistani immigrant Uber driver was murdered by two teenage girls in SW DC. Not far from Capitol Hil.

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned since it’s been in national news.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/shocking-video-shows-deadly-dc-uber-eats-carjacking-by-teen-girls

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4834 on: March 30, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »

Unfortunately not,

I guess tying into the recent National concern of violence against Asian-Americans. A Pakistani immigrant Uber driver was murdered by two teenage girls in SW DC. Not far from Capitol Hil.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/shocking-video-shows-deadly-dc-uber-eats-carjacking-by-teen-girls

Its in off topic as it should be.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4835 on: March 30, 2021, 10:47:49 PM »

After nearly 200 pages, clearly there needs to be a new thread focusing primarily on the trials or no unified thread at all. There simply is no reason to continue here when the unrest has ceased to be.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4836 on: March 31, 2021, 08:15:59 AM »

Unfortunately not,

I guess tying into the recent national concern of violence against Asian-Americans. A Pakistani immigrant Uber driver was murdered by two teenage girls in SW DC. Not far from Capitol Hil.

Yes, that's why the walls are still up I guess.  Roll Eyes
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4837 on: March 31, 2021, 08:27:14 AM »

Two US Capitol Police officers who say they were injured during the January 6 insurrection are suing former President Donald Trump for inciting the crowd.

The officers -- the first police to sue in court following the riot -- say they suffered physical and emotional damages because Trump allegedly "inflamed, encouraged, incited (and) directed" the violent mob that stormed the Capitol.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/politics/us-capitol-police-sue-trump/index.html
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #4838 on: March 31, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »

"Honey, I shrunk the Feds!"

Ok maybe Ashli Babbitt had it coming...

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4839 on: March 31, 2021, 01:52:57 PM »

LMAO.
Probably more known for his acting in Ghost Busters.
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4840 on: April 03, 2021, 12:03:03 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4841 on: April 03, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »

LMAO.
Smiley

From that image I was thinking Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4842 on: April 03, 2021, 01:48:52 PM »

LMAO.
Smiley

From that image I was thinking Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

Oh yes.
Yes, yes, yes.
LMAO.
Smiley
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4843 on: April 07, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »

Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4844 on: April 08, 2021, 07:05:16 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4845 on: April 08, 2021, 07:14:19 PM »

No one cares about the foot-soldiers here Crumpets; unless it’s the middle men or ringleaders don’t even bother:
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4846 on: April 08, 2021, 09:23:46 PM »

Seven?
Wow!
PS: I do care about hearing about all of these thugs. Please continue to update Atlas/us.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4847 on: April 10, 2021, 01:58:41 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4848 on: April 13, 2021, 09:21:49 PM »

Between Trump admin officials in the Pentagon telling the National Guard to stay out of DC, and now this, it is crystal clear that we just narrowly avoided a coup:

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4849 on: April 13, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »

Between Trump admin officials in the Pentagon telling the National Guard to stay out of DC, and now this, it is crystal clear that we just narrowly avoided a coup:

The Capitol Police needs to be rebuilt from top to bottom while there were some valiant officers, who did their job and some who unfortunately died doing it, it's very clear that the leadership was at best, unaware of the threat, and at worst, was a co-conspirator in a plot to establish a Trump dictatorship.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies