DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:50:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269026 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4775 on: March 04, 2021, 11:29:39 AM »

The guy goes by Bigo, obviously he's not all there.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #4776 on: March 04, 2021, 11:32:42 AM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

I dunno April 20 seems to be a date that would gel better with them

Why not April 1st? It's only fitting.

LOL.
All joking aside though .... these idiots are going to keep moving "the date" forward.
Do they even realize they look like a bunch of Clown Shoes?

It's just like those end-of-the-world predictions, where they repeatedly calculate it again and arrive at some other number. It's bordering on religion at this point.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4777 on: March 04, 2021, 02:35:52 PM »

All quiet
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4778 on: March 04, 2021, 02:38:32 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2021, 09:24:36 PM by Crumpets »

Almost like Trump holding a rally and goading people to action on Twitter on a specific date made a big difference on whether or not there was violence, more so than just crazies talking amongst themselves in obscure conspiracy forums.
IAMCANADIAN
Rookie

« Reply #4779 on: March 04, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »

May be time to demilitarize DC?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4780 on: March 04, 2021, 04:48:05 PM »

Still quiet
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4781 on: March 04, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4782 on: March 04, 2021, 06:57:21 PM »

Well now that the quote-on-quote "inauguration" has been moved to March 20th, I guess DC is just gonna stay like this forever?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4783 on: March 04, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »

Yeah, at this point I'm good reducing the NG presence pretty dramatically. Maybe not all the way to zero, but there's no reason to keep DC in post-January 6th mode unless there's a specific threat.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #4784 on: March 04, 2021, 10:35:33 PM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

From what I had Googled up on events that had taken place on March 20th, these things could be what Qtards could be most likely be referring to.

• Napoleon entering Paris after escaping from Elba island
  • The founding of the Republican Party in Ripon, Wisconsin
  • Douglas MacArthur delivered his "I came out of Bataan and I shall return" speech after the Philippines fell to the Japanese

It's also Barron Trump's birthday on that day. Might be a correlation with that as well.

Or maybe Barron Trump is the real president after all.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4785 on: March 05, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »

Former State Department aide and Trump appointee, Federico Klein arrested in connection to the Capitol Riots.

The FBI on Thursday arrested Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, on charges related to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, marking the first known instance of an appointee of President Donald Trump facing criminal prosecution in connection with the attempt to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.

Klein, 42, was taken into custody in Virginia, said Samantha Shero, a spokesperson for the FBI’s Washington Field Office.

An FBI lookout bulletin issued two weeks after the Capitol assault included a photo of Klein, prompting two tipsters to contact the FBI and finger him as the man in that picture, according to an affidavit filed in federal court in Washington.

The affidavit says video from police body-worn cameras on Jan. 6 shows Klein jamming a riot shield into doors at the Capitol as police were trying to secure them to keep the mob out. Klein was also heard on video trying to encourage others to clash with the police, the complaint says.

"We need fresh people, we need fresh people,” Klein shouted repeatedly, according to the complaint. In much of the video, he is wearing the Trump campaign's trademark "Make America Great Again" red hat.

Klein is charged with several felonies, including assault on police officers, interfering with police during civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding, as well as lesser offenses.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4786 on: March 05, 2021, 06:40:05 PM »

Former State Department aide and Trump appointee, Federico Klein arrested in connection to the Capitol Riots.

The FBI on Thursday arrested Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, on charges related to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, marking the first known instance of an appointee of President Donald Trump facing criminal prosecution in connection with the attempt to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.

Klein, 42, was taken into custody in Virginia, said Samantha Shero, a spokesperson for the FBI’s Washington Field Office.

An FBI lookout bulletin issued two weeks after the Capitol assault included a photo of Klein, prompting two tipsters to contact the FBI and finger him as the man in that picture, according to an affidavit filed in federal court in Washington.

The affidavit says video from police body-worn cameras on Jan. 6 shows Klein jamming a riot shield into doors at the Capitol as police were trying to secure them to keep the mob out. Klein was also heard on video trying to encourage others to clash with the police, the complaint says.

"We need fresh people, we need fresh people,” Klein shouted repeatedly, according to the complaint. In much of the video, he is wearing the Trump campaign's trademark "Make America Great Again" red hat.

Klein is charged with several felonies, including assault on police officers, interfering with police during civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding, as well as lesser offenses.

The best people.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4787 on: March 05, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »

I hope this POS gets a nice prison sentence.
Enjoy the striped jump-suit, trump-loving moron.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4788 on: March 05, 2021, 08:59:46 PM »

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4789 on: March 06, 2021, 02:34:44 AM »

My top five guesses:
1. Lauren Boebert
2. Tommy Tuberville
3. Josh Hawley
4. Lyin' Flyin' Ted Fled Cancun Cruz
5. Marjorie Taylor Greene

Dishonorable mention to Madison Cawthorn
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4790 on: March 06, 2021, 09:09:42 AM »

I propose a subtitle change to "Nobody Marched Fo(u)rth".
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4791 on: March 07, 2021, 12:49:43 AM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4792 on: March 07, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »

Yeah, at this point I'm good reducing the NG presence pretty dramatically. Maybe not all the way to zero, but there's no reason to keep DC in post-January 6th mode unless there's a specific threat.

I think it should be scaled back but still keep a sizable presence in the area.

Republicans attacked this country on January 6th, and until the threat of future Republican terrorism subsides, a military presence in DC should remain.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4793 on: March 07, 2021, 11:48:14 AM »

Could the refusal of multiple municipalities to honestly enforce the law against BLM and Antifa rioters in city after city have supplied that brainstorm to come up with this genius idea?

"I'll just look like ANTIFA.  I'll get away with anything!".  What events since May, 2020 would give this man the idea that this was not so?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4794 on: March 07, 2021, 01:51:09 PM »

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

It's based on an obscure federal law that specifically states the General Services Administration is to assist the new President with transition from the date the GSA recognizes the new President to 60 days after inauguration.

The law is on paper very mundane and not all that important to anyone except a few federal employees, although it got some attention when Trump's appointee to lead the GSA refused to recognize Biden as the winner and begin transition until well after he was declared the victor. Basically since transition-related issues don't all stop on January 20, the law simply clarifies that the GSA is the agency responsible for hashing out any issues that occur for the first 60 days of the transition. However the Q freaks have misread it to imply that the incoming President ONLY controls the GSA through March 20 (a theoretically rather minor agency whose main purpose is to ensure that federal employees and other federal agencies are adequately supplied with the equipment they need), and thus the military still answers to Trump until March 20 and this gives him until then to retake power.

Expect to see the goal posts moved again after March 20 comes and passes without anything of important occurring.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4795 on: March 07, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »

Could the refusal of multiple municipalities to honestly enforce the law against BLM and Antifa rioters in city after city have supplied that brainstorm to come up with this genius idea?

"I'll just look like ANTIFA.  I'll get away with anything!".  What events since May, 2020 would give this man the idea that this was not so?

LOL LOL LOL! I read this post and was just about to respond that some cultists like fuzzy would be simple enough to actually believe it. Right on time! LOLOLOL!!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4796 on: March 07, 2021, 09:12:10 PM »

There was over 14,000 people arrested this summer in relation to demonstrations and riots.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4797 on: March 07, 2021, 09:21:33 PM »

Republicans attacked this country on January 6th, and until the threat of future Republican terrorism subsides, a military presence in DC should remain.

Why is the 'law and order' 'pro military' party being so hostile towards cops and the military?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4798 on: March 07, 2021, 09:24:05 PM »

Why is the 'law and order' 'pro military' party being so hostile towards cops and the military?

Because they haven't been sufficiently infiltrated with (to the point of being captured by) Trumpster operatives, so they are still placing their loyalty to the Constitution over that of the President.  You can see why that would be problematic from their point of view. 
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4799 on: March 07, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »

The utter irony that it was ANTIFA that was being rounded up by masked mercenaries and thrown into unmarked vans. That doesn't exactly scream "getting away with anything."
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies