DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269087 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4475 on: January 18, 2021, 03:17:26 AM »

In an incredible twist of irony, the rejection of masks among people on the right is proving to be the reason most of these rioters are being identified and arrested. You’d think they would have had some idea that maybe it’s a good idea to conceal your identity while committing felonies in front of literally thousands of cameras. But it works!

“So class there was an insurrection during the covid pandemic”

“Uh Mr. Cannon did they do it because the pandemic so it’d be harder to identify them, what with the mask and all”

“Oh! That would’ve been the smart thing but they actually believed the virus was fake.”

“....”

“Yea...”
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #4476 on: January 18, 2021, 10:38:00 AM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4477 on: January 18, 2021, 10:47:33 AM »

Update: it was a small fire that's been put out.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4478 on: January 18, 2021, 10:54:08 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4479 on: January 18, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »

Update: it was a small fire that's been put out.

Thank goodness that it was small, but considering everything I would consider it an unlikely coincidence that this was accidental as opposed to deliberate, albeit ineffective, arson. I'll wait for the investigative reports, of course, but I'm justifiably concerned.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4480 on: January 18, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »

Rioter accused of plotting to sell Nancy Pelosi's laptop to Russian Intelligence

A Pennsylvania woman accused of being one of the Capitol rioters told a former "romantic partner" she planned to steal a laptop computer from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and sell it to Russian intelligence, court documents revealed Monday.

Riley June Williams was charged with disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds with the intent to disturb a session of Congress and other charges after her former flame turned her in.

William's ex, who was described in Special Agent Jonathan Lund's charging document as W 1 (witness one), called the FBI and told them she "intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service.”

"According to W1, the transfer of the computer device to Russia fell through for unknown reasons and Williams still has the computer device or destroyed it,” the document states.

Lund says the device and circumstances of what Williams was doing with it remain under investigation.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4481 on: January 18, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4482 on: January 18, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4483 on: January 18, 2021, 12:26:03 PM »

He should change the name of his organization to "Terrorists For Trump."
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #4484 on: January 18, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »

He should change the name of his organization to "Terrorists For Trump."

Bwahahahahahahahahaha Grin

Oh, THAT @$$hole! I remember back on Halloween when my family was helping me move, an entire column of Trumpists driving as slow as possible down Central Avenue to both make a show of force and to disrupt people trying to vote early. The Cowboys for Trump were at the head of the column on horseback, not exactly going quickly. The clusterf**k that resulted didn’t help moving. Not to mention I had car horns echoing in my ears for hours afterwards.

TLDR I am immensely amused by this Cheesy
compucomp

« Reply #4485 on: January 18, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »

In an incredible twist of irony, the rejection of masks among people on the right is proving to be the reason most of these rioters are being identified and arrested. You’d think they would have had some idea that maybe it’s a good idea to conceal your identity while committing felonies in front of literally thousands of cameras. But it works!

Not only that, if they wore masks and face shields, they would have also resisted pepper spray and tear gas.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4486 on: January 18, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »

She and this QAnon Lady from Georgia should be expelled from congress. And preferably take Cruz and Hawley with them. They're an embarrassment.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4487 on: January 18, 2021, 01:27:52 PM »

She and this QAnon Lady from Georgia should be expelled from congress. And preferably take Cruz and Hawley with them. They're an embarrassment.

If these allegations are true (and I have no reason to believe that they're not), you'd have to be pretty dumb to lie about doing something in what is most certainly one of the most camera-heavy capital buildings.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4488 on: January 18, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »

This is what white privilege looks like. I'm surprised they weren't offered tea and sandwiches.
What do you want the cop to do here? Start a physical fight that he'd lose? Start shooting people?
If they were left-wing protesters, they would be shot dead.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4489 on: January 18, 2021, 01:51:02 PM »

If these allegations are true (and I have no reason to believe that they're not), you'd have to be pretty dumb to lie about doing something in what is most certainly one of the most camera-heavy capital buildings.

The issue is going to be she will inevitably claim these were just like-minded activists she was showing around the capitol and she had no idea they were going to storm the building a few days later. Just like the gendarme being shocked, absolutely shocked I tell you, that there was gambling going on at Rick's Club. "Surely we're not going to punish, let alone expel, a member of Congress just for giving a few activists a behind-the-scenes tour of the Capitol building? Members do that all the time!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4490 on: January 18, 2021, 02:02:08 PM »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4491 on: January 18, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »

This is what white privilege looks like. I'm surprised they weren't offered tea and sandwiches.
What do you want the cop to do here? Start a physical fight that he'd lose? Start shooting people?
If they were left-wing protesters, they would be shot dead.

If they were black or Muslim, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the Senate chamber to begin with.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4492 on: January 18, 2021, 03:14:43 PM »

Credit where credit is due.  She certainly doesn't need the money, but this was a good thing to do.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4493 on: January 18, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4494 on: January 18, 2021, 03:21:48 PM »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.

Psychotic Nutjob.
Can you imagine threatening the lives of your own children, over the Orange Buffoon?
Unbelievable.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4495 on: January 18, 2021, 03:25:39 PM »

Credit where credit is due.  She certainly doesn't need the money, but this was a good thing to do.

No, she doesn't deserve any credit. This is literally the least thing she can do to make amends.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4496 on: January 18, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »

I hope they wait for the findings before passing any post-9/11 style laws.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #4497 on: January 18, 2021, 03:34:32 PM »

Does anyone know if she ends up being expelled from congress would that mean she'd be barred running again?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #4498 on: January 18, 2021, 03:36:02 PM »

Does anyone know if she ends up being expelled from congress would that mean she'd be barred running again?
It would not.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4499 on: January 18, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »

It would not.  Expulsion from Congress is specifically distinct from impeachment, and there is no constitutional provision for disqualification of an expelled member.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies