Vaccine Passports
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Vaccine Passports
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support vaccine passports?
Yes

No

Depends

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Vaccine Passports  (Read 1153 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2021, 09:27:24 PM »

For large crowded areas like bars, theatres, sports stadiums etc, do you support idea of requiring individuals to show vaccine passports to enter and only those fully vaccinated being allowed?  Yes or No and why?  If depends explain what circumstances acceptable and what circumstances not.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 09:32:14 PM »

I think it's an invasion of privacy and unconstitutional if you ask me. But if people want to do it for their own protection I think it should be permissible.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 01:04:45 AM »

Yes, vaccina certificates have always existed for good reason, and if conservatives, American conservatives, in particular, would not have foolishly politicized COVID and the response to it, there would be no controversy around vaccine certificates. Proof of vaccination has always been required to do things, mostly to be allowed to enter some countries. In the end, we are talking about public health and especially the health of those who are not recommended get the vaccine. If partial openings help to get those who do not plan to be vaccinated even though they could to change their silly attitude, I am all for them.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 09:11:49 AM »

Yup, as long as personal data isn't abused for sure. Certain places or businesses should be able to regulate access to make sure attending people don't get sick.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 11:42:27 AM »

Sovereign countries should be able to ask for whatever they want when adjudicating when/under what conditions non-citizens may enter their borders. 

Places of business that generally serve the public?  They shouldn't be in the business of enforcing public health policy
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:26 PM »

Yes they should be mandatory.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 01:11:15 PM »

It depends what you mean by vaccine passports. I don't think that the government should issue official vaccine passports for the purposes of providing proof of vaccination. I do think that it should be legal for business to require proof of vaccination since being vaccinated is a choice. However, I wouldn't recommend that they do that because people who are vaccinated shouldn't be concerned if they are around unvaccinated people. The only people who would really be hurt here are people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons, who would presumably be exempt from vaccine requirements.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »

People should vaccinate willingly but I don't support vaccine passports.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 07:50:21 AM »

Yes. Otherwise I don't see a way in which lockdowns don't become endemic.

In saying that though I live in a country where lockdowns are accepted and in some cases desired, so that probably influences my opinion.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »

Yes, I need fast way to know who to put in the gulag and who can stay.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 01:01:35 AM »

Sovereign countries should be able to ask for whatever they want when adjudicating when/under what conditions non-citizens may enter their borders. 

Places of business that generally serve the public?  They shouldn't be in the business of enforcing public health policy

by this same logic, businesses should be allowed to sell alcohol and tobacco to anyone without asking to see ID.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 07:12:05 AM »

by this same logic, businesses should be allowed to sell alcohol and tobacco to anyone without asking to see ID.

Buying alcohol underage is illegal.  It is not illegal to be unvaccinated.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »

Whatever happened to freedom of association? If a business doesn't want to serve unvaccinated people, they shouldn't have to unless we carve out the unvaxxed as a protected category like the CRA of 1964 did.

Come on, you're a Southern Republican. Freedom of association should be your bread and butter.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »

It is not illegal to be unvaccinated.

It should be.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 04:07:59 PM »

Never
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 09:48:47 PM »

Buying alcohol underage is illegal.  It is not illegal to be unvaccinated.

If vaccine passports were required, then vaccines would be the law. It would thus be required to show proof of vaccination to enter an establishment, same as proof of age is required to buy alcohol and tobacco.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 01:25:21 AM »

What’s the difference from a vaccine passport than the card that they give you after you get vaccinated?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 01:57:42 AM »

What’s the difference from a vaccine passport than the card that they give you after you get vaccinated?

It isn't a different document, it would be the card. The difference is gyms/restaurants/nightclubs/airports/libraries/whatever saying you can't come in unless you show your card. That's what vaccine passport means in this context.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 07:54:29 AM »

Places of business that generally serve the public?  They shouldn't be in the business of enforcing public health policy

Buying alcohol underage is illegal.  It is not illegal to be unvaccinated.

If vaccine passports were required, then vaccines would be the law. It would thus be required to show proof of vaccination to enter an establishment, same as proof of age is required to buy alcohol and tobacco.

Vaccine passports are a distinct issue from a vaccine mandate.  What we have now, with some workplaces and public venues asking for proof of vaccination to go on-premises, is one without the other.

There is no comparison to ID requirements for purchasing alcohol because, as I have already said, selling alcohol to minors is actually illegal.  It is not illegal to exist in public as an unvaccinated person.  ID checks at the point-of-sale for alcohol are also much more practical and less intrusive than a universal vaccine passport scheme.  Even so, ID requirements for alcohol are minimally enforced at most places.  I'm 26 and maybe only get asked for ID maybe one-third of the time (and I have not had a particularly rough life, lol.)  
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 08:01:17 AM »

It isn't a different document, it would be the card. The difference is gyms/restaurants/nightclubs/airports/libraries/whatever saying you can't come in unless you show your card. That's what vaccine passport means in this context.

Except, of course, there is nothing secure, durable or even identifying about the CDC vaccination cards, lol.  Verifying the vaccine card against a legitimate photo ID should be problematic for all the same reasons a voting ID requirement is, but Democrats are happy to handwave that motivated concern away in the name of "believing science" or whatever.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies