Trump pressured Georgia SOS to “find 11,780 votes” for him on hour-long call
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:47:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump pressured Georgia SOS to “find 11,780 votes” for him on hour-long call
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Trump pressured Georgia SOS to “find 11,780 votes” for him on hour-long call  (Read 11432 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2021, 09:50:37 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2021, 09:53:38 PM by pppolitics »

wut?

What is surprising here? The Fulton County DEA is obviously a Democrat who has no love for Trump, or perhaps another way is not part of the Trump cultist mentality absorbing 80 to 90% of the Republican party rank-and-file. And raffensberger desperately wants to move past this to have any shot whatsoever of winning his primary in 2 years.

The Republican Party is now a Trump cult and you are not going to get elected unless you are a Trump booklicker.

Raffensperger has no future as a Republican anyway at this point.

He has literally nothing to lose at this point.

Freedom's just another word for...

So he might as well just roll the dice, he might get lucky.

Purely from the political perspective, he's better off switching parties.

...and with the way Georgia is headed, it might even pay off in long term

I mean, with the way that his own party treats him, why stay?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »

Why is everyone praising Raffensperger?

He's proven himself to be perfectly fine with voter suppression tactics (and has actually enforced them), he just doesn't like that Trump is saying the quiet parts out loud.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2021, 10:04:00 PM »

He's proven himself to be perfectly fine with voter suppression tactics (and has actually enforced them), he just doesn't like that Trump is saying the quiet parts out loud.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2021, 10:11:34 PM »

Also it is far less likely for Trump to expose himself legally in a phone call with Pelosi or Schumer, so right now Raffensperger just has the goods no one else does. 
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:25 PM »

Raffensperger just needs to claim to be Fighting Bob Raffensperger's 8th cousin.

That makes any SoS unbeatable.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »

Raffensberger is dead politically no matter how you slice it. His only slim hope is to destroy Trump before 2022. Trump isn't going to forgive and forget here, he is too far down the rabbit hole of quackery, not to mention the "it was stolen card" is too valuable to give up. Therefore Raffensberger needs to be offered up as burnt sacrifice for Trump's legitimacy to be maintained, since both cannot be right and Trump cannot come out and admit to being wrong.

Raffensberger's only hope is to find a way to destroy Trump by 2022. Whether or not he actually can, is a whole different matter.

What he probably thinks he can do is run a low profile race, draw a flawed challenger and find some way to exploit those flaws. But that is not how this works now, his primary will be high profile and their is no shortage of ambitious Republicans ready to twist the knife in Raffenberger's back to ride Trump to power.

I wonder what happens in 2024 when said new Republican uber Trumpist SoS needs to certify a Democratic victory in 2024. Do they get primaried again? Do they commit a crime and certify a wrong result or not certify?

(assume for these purposes that the SoS race in 2022 goes to said Trumpist Republican and that Biden or the Dem nominee wins GA in 2024)

Tbf that combined with the "overturn the election" stuff in Congress makes me think that there is a non 0 possibility that the 2020 election is the last ever "free and fair" presidential election in the US, with 2024 and onwards being rigged or overturned in some way.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »

Hmm, 8 pages in two days, and still no (pro-Trump) Republicans in this thread yet?  How curious!
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »

Hmm, 8 pages in two days, and still no (pro-Trump) Republicans in this thread yet?  How curious!

Don't worry, the talking points are being finalized alongside the new beautiful health care plan and Infrastructure Week.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »

And increasingly on the conservative sites they believe Trump is about to prove his "victory" and also bring down the globalists exposing their many crimes, financial and sexual.

I'm holding my breath in anticipation.

LMAO.
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2021, 02:12:33 PM »

Dabeav on page 7 had a comment. He still displays his trump For President banner.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2021, 02:14:21 PM »

Well we now know for sure that poor old Fuzzy Bear is reading this thread, at least.  My "at this moment in time..." post was reported and deleted.  The poor guy must be tied up in knots not knowing how to start responding.  Don’t worry, buddy, the talking points are on the way out there soon enough.  Hang in there!

LOL.
Very true. By the way, they removed my post also.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2021, 02:25:20 PM »

Well we now know for sure that poor old Fuzzy Bear is reading this thread, at least.  My "at this moment in time..." post was reported and deleted.  The poor guy must be tied up in knots not knowing how to start responding.  Don’t worry, buddy, the talking points are on the way out there soon enough.  Hang in there!

LOL.

Why do you assume that it was Fuzzy Bear who reported your posts?
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2021, 02:29:30 PM »

This is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIDRLCROWE
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2021, 02:35:36 PM »

The GOP needs a new star, be it Hawley or whoever, to take the spotlight off Trump and end this cult of personality. He is a psychotic narcissist who served his purpose, exposing and destroying the conservative establishment and selling pro-worker/paleoconservative ideas to the GOP electorate. He did not govern on these ideas, refused to even provide law and order with literal insurrection in the streets and is totally detached from any tangible ideology at this point. End this cult and move on to Hawley, DeSantis, Tucker, or literally anyone who will actually try to accomplish something substantive.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2021, 02:45:40 PM »

LOL.

Why do you assume that it was Fuzzy Bear who reported your posts?

I can't speak for Proud Moderate, but Fuzzy regularly admits that he is the one who does all the reporting of posts that hurt his ego.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2021, 03:51:23 PM »

They're waiting for this tread to have 11,779 posts first.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »

The GOP needs a new star, be it Hawley or whoever, to take the spotlight off Trump and end this cult of personality. He is a psychotic narcissist who served his purpose, exposing and destroying the conservative establishment and selling pro-worker/paleoconservative ideas to the GOP electorate. He did not govern on these ideas, refused to even provide law and order with literal insurrection in the streets and is totally detached from any tangible ideology at this point. End this cult and move on to Hawley, DeSantis, Tucker, or literally anyone who will actually try to accomplish something substantive.
None of the people you mention would behave differently
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2021, 04:49:37 PM »

Cleta Mitchell was one of the lawyers with Trump on the call.  From some earlier reports, her firm was apparently not aware of her involvement with Trump.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »

Is civil war preferable to a peaceful partition?

Abraham Lincoln certainly thought so.

And in that context, Lincoln was probably right. I'm not questioning his wisdom, just pointing out the implications of what WMS is advocating.

Oh I’m well aware of the implications of my words. Smiley Partition reminds me of the “Jesusland-USA+Canada” maps after 2004. It wasn’t going to be either effective or moral then and still isn’t now. Others in this thread have already made great points about what that would be like. I would rather slap the Trumpist bullies in the face now and dare them to act instead of letting them organize with the resources of a sovereign state and then have to deal with them.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2021, 06:32:43 PM »

Raffensberger is dead politically no matter how you slice it. His only slim hope is to destroy Trump before 2022. Trump isn't going to forgive and forget here, he is too far down the rabbit hole of quackery, not to mention the "it was stolen card" is too valuable to give up. Therefore Raffensberger needs to be offered up as burnt sacrifice for Trump's legitimacy to be maintained, since both cannot be right and Trump cannot come out and admit to being wrong.

Raffensberger's only hope is to find a way to destroy Trump by 2022. Whether or not he actually can, is a whole different matter.

What he probably thinks he can do is run a low profile race, draw a flawed challenger and find some way to exploit those flaws. But that is not how this works now, his primary will be high profile and their is no shortage of ambitious Republicans ready to twist the knife in Raffenberger's back to ride Trump to power.

I wonder what happens in 2024 when said new Republican uber Trumpist SoS needs to certify a Democratic victory in 2024. Do they get primaried again? Do they commit a crime and certify a wrong result or not certify?

(assume for these purposes that the SoS race in 2022 goes to said Trumpist Republican and that Biden or the Dem nominee wins GA in 2024)

Tbf that combined with the "overturn the election" stuff in Congress makes me think that there is a non 0 possibility that the 2020 election is the last ever "free and fair" presidential election in the US, with 2024 and onwards being rigged or overturned in some way.

Not at all. Obviously, we should both be prepared to evacuate, leaving the useful idiots to fend for themselves. Their inability to learn is in no way, shape, or form our problem. But if the GOP minority wants to impose authoritarian rule on the insouciant majority, they'll pay for it in blood. So what we all need to do is stop prevaricating, and explain to Republicans the consequences of their current course of action. I would love to detail what I'm permitted to do to someone who seeks to impose authoritarian rule on me, but the mods will misguidedly ban it under the delusional pretense that civility is more important than averting a second civil war.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »

Cleta Mitchell was one of the lawyers with Trump on the call.  From some earlier reports, her firm was apparently not aware of her involvement with Trump.

Why anyone would want to join trump at this hour, is beyond my understanding.
It's like someone boarding a train at the very last station that exists before it crosses the long bridge over a deep gorge ... and pre-knowing that the bridge has already collapsed.
WTF?
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »

And in that context, Lincoln was probably right. I'm not questioning his wisdom, just pointing out the implications of what WMS is advocating.

Oh I’m well aware of the implications of my words. Smiley Partition reminds me of the “Jesusland-USA+Canada” maps after 2004. It wasn’t going to be either effective or moral then and still isn’t now. Others in this thread have already made great points about what that would be like. I would rather slap the Trumpist bullies in the face now and dare them to act instead of letting them organize with the resources of a sovereign state and then have to deal with them.

Yeah, you're delusional. Good luck with that. You've labeled Trump a neofascist and a traitor, but are completely unwilling to grapple with what that entails for his supporters and his political party. I just can't respect it any longer. Either put up, or shut up. I countered all of the objections y'all leveled quite effectively. Your response was essentially "the fever will break!" ROTFLMFAO. No, no it won't.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2021, 06:53:33 PM »

Honestly it should be against the rules to harangue specific posters for not commenting on a thread.

Why anyone would want to join trump at this hour, is beyond my understanding.
It's like someone boarding a train at the very last station that exists before it crosses the long bridge over a deep gorge ... and pre-knowing that the bridge has already collapsed.
WTF?

For the money I guess?

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »

Yeah, you're delusional. Good luck with that. You've labeled Trump a neofascist and a traitor, but are completely unwilling to grapple with what that entails for his supporters and his political party. I just can't respect it any longer. Either put up, or shut up. I countered all of the objections y'all leveled quite effectively. Your response was essentially "the fever will break!" ROTFLMFAO. No, no it won't.

Says the person who thinks a “peaceful partition” is both possible and the moral choice to make.

I don’t see how you ended up with that as my stance. I favor confrontation now precisely because of how dangerous Trump’s supporters and Trump’s political party are. Their assault on democracy needs to be opposed, not rewarded with their own goddamn country. I’d rather do it through institutional reform and education, but if they move to violence then they should be put down like the insurrectionists they are. Which seems to be what you’re hinting at?

There are tens of millions of people who voted contrary to the majority of their state. There are no neat lines to be drawn between the two sides.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2021, 07:20:26 PM »

Not at all. Obviously, we should both be prepared to evacuate, leaving the useful idiots to fend for themselves. Their inability to learn is in no way, shape, or form our problem. But if the GOP minority wants to impose authoritarian rule on the insouciant majority, they'll pay for it in blood. So what we all need to do is stop prevaricating, and explain to Republicans the consequences of their current course of action. I would love to detail what I'm permitted to do to someone who seeks to impose authoritarian rule on me, but the mods will misguidedly ban it under the delusional pretense that civility is more important than averting a second civil war.

I mean, I would consider a Civil War also something that fulfills the "last free and fair election" criteria Tongue

Maybe I should have added something along the lines of "for the US as we know them today" or something along those lines
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies