What generation has the most annoying political discourse?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What generation has the most annoying political discourse?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: .
Boomers
Gen X
Millennials
Gen Z
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What generation has the most annoying political discourse?  (Read 2358 times)
wimp
themiddleman
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:22:05 PM »

People say boomers are the worst, but I have to go with Gen X on this, with Gen Z in second place.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 04:34:25 PM »

Boomers have such boomer takes on everything. Their general inflexibility and inability to adapt to modern circumstances leaves them, among other things, not only vulnerable to propagandization, but openly embracing it. And yet, we are still governed by them.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:52:45 PM »

Every generation after the Silent Generation has an equally annoying political discourse, abet for different reasons.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 08:33:20 PM »

Gen X discourse was dominated by Reagan Revolution right wing rhetoric.  Terrible.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 10:23:40 PM »

Every generation from the Silents to the Zoomers has a horrid political discourse based on a tainted philosophy. These past generations have been spoiled with relative prosperity and as a result turned to failed Reaganism/Trumpism. Silents to Xers most embody this, but millenials and us Zoomers will likely be no better once we are in a better position.

More specifically, Silents are full of traitors. (Republicans)
Boomers are so bad they literally get a meme.
Xers were the Reagan cultists.
Millenials are becoming worse as their relative financial position improves.
Gen Zers are caught up in culture wars and ignore our true problems.

What is needed is a major event which once again necessitates cooperation. That is the only hope at changing our now toxic culture. Maybe Covid counts, we will see with the younger Zoomers and Alphas.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »

Millennials are the most annoying but probably the least dangerous.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 05:49:06 PM »

If I have to hear one more Boomer on cable news say "REMEMBER THE DAYS OF TIP O'NEILL AND RONALD REAGAN? THEY DISAGREED WITH ONE ANOTHER BUT STILL HAD MUTUAL RESPECT AND GOT THINGS DONE. WE COULD ALL LEARN A LOT FROM TIP'S EXAMPLE", I will probably have to shoot my TV.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 05:52:47 PM »

Gotta go with Gen Xers. That's the generation of Republicans that has produced the right-wing authoritarian true believers like KKKobach and J-Haw. Out-of-touch boomers who just want their damn tax cuts and Federalist Society judges can't hold a candle.

The Gen Z combination of post-truth cluelessness and self-aggrandizing moral preening is getting pretty bad too, but it might just be a product of youth.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 10:59:59 PM »

Gotta go with Gen Xers. That's the generation of Republicans that has produced the right-wing authoritarian true believers like KKKobach and J-Haw. Out-of-touch boomers who just want their damn tax cuts and Federalist Society judges can't hold a candle.

The Gen Z combination of post-truth cluelessness and self-aggrandizing moral preening is getting pretty bad too, but it might just be a product of youth.

That's such a dumb article lmao, she sees one weird TikTok and thinks that it represents an entire generation.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 11:59:53 PM »

Gen Z
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 08:25:04 AM »

Generation X is the generation that is most big on M5S and Lega and which produced such outstanding political actors as Salvini and Renzi. It's also the generation of my parents.

Also lol at the idea that a generation whose oldest members are 23 years old and a majority of which are minors has a political discourse anywhere near coherent or influential enough to get compared to the others.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 08:56:58 AM »

That's such a dumb article lmao, she sees one weird TikTok and thinks that it represents an entire generation.

Your generation's embarrassment is TikTok and our generation's embarrassment is Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Own up to it.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »

Your generation's embarrassment is TikTok and our generation's embarrassment is Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Own up to it.

I don't want to be associated to TikTok and if I were Gen Y I wouldn't want to be associated to Bieber and Cyrus, thank you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 04:50:31 PM by God-Empress Stacey I of House Abrams »

Boomers: "Kids these days are selfish, entitled, hypersensitive snowflakes. Also how DARE you say 'Happy Holidays'??"

Gen X: "Nothing matters, everything sucks, let's do drugs and make money."

Millennials: "OMG guyz, politics is just like this bland, clichéd, incredibly safe narrative I've been obsessed with since I was 12!!"

Gen Z: *posts wojak political compass meme with obscure ideologies no real person has ever heard of*

I'm gonna say Boomers are the worst, because the hypocrisy/cognitive dissonance really gets to me, but Gen X nihilism is very bad too.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »

boomer
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 06:39:49 AM »

A majority of Boomers whether liberal or conservative act like you’re insane if your default position on most issues ISN’T to bomb other countries, so they take the cake by a mile.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 09:25:44 AM »

If you are talking about most annoying political arguments, its definitely Gen Z. The idiocy of some TikTok arguments I see on my FYP are just... kind of insane.

"why mlk was a conservative"
"trump is good because he made the economy go up"
"biden is actually antifa because if you type in antifa.com his website comes up"

Its the dumbassery of the boomeriest of boomers with none of the life experience and I HATE IT
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:50 AM »

I'm annoyed at efforts to stereotype the generations.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 05:22:23 PM »

Boomers for poisoning our current political discourse, Zoomers for poisoning our future political discourse (assuming one considers political discussions on Reddit an advanced indicator).
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 02:05:57 AM »

As far as the buzzwords they use, I'd go with millennials or Gen Z.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »

What's with the belief being implied by some in this thread that Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggering is representative of Gen Z political discourse? Do none of you know any teenagers who aren't straight boys?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 09:06:06 PM »

What's with the belief being implied by some in this thread that Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggering is representative of Gen Z political discourse? Do none of you know any teenagers who aren't straight boys?

Given the demographics of this sub, probably not.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »

What's with the belief being implied by you in this post that all straight boy teenagers category which includes yours truly are Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 12:01:10 AM »

What's with the belief being implied by you in this post that all straight boy teenagers category which includes yours truly are Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers?

Most straight teenage boys are not Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers, but most Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers are straight teenage boys.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 12:04:59 AM »

Most straight teenage boys are not Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers, but most Cawthornian alt-lite lib-triggerers are straight teenage boys.

Well, that makes Cawthorn look pretty bad, since he last was a teenager in mid-2015.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies